Fix The Battle For Alderaan PVP Instance

Shrug

Well, this problem has been growing last 2 days...

In "The Battle For Alderaan PVP Instance" the defensive objective points for this one is becoming a serious problem. Now we have players just camping an UN-atacked turrets and standing there all game in 1-3 groups simply because they get tons of these points and look like heros the whole game... The team is losing 2 outta 3 turrets, So the enemy team never attacks here. Meanwhile the poor team is now fighting 5-6 on 8 on two turrets, very little chance to capture a point..

Why? Because this gives the lame "cheating" (this is cheating in my book) players 10,000 - 15,000 objective points for doing absolutely nothing. They get about 10-15k exp for doing nothing, and get all the MVP votes to the ignorant players that don't notice the truth that they are actually hurting their team.

The end result is that the team with these players is getting their time completely wasted.

Dev's need to come in here and change up the instance to stop this from happening, for now they should completely deactivate it.

Video Below shows the end of a round where I caught these lame kids doing nothing the whole round...

[YOUTUBE]fciGW5u_In8[/YOUTUBE]

External Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fciGW5u_In8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this problem has been growing last 2 days...

In "The Battle For Alderaan PVP Instance" the defensive objective points for this one is becoming a serious problem. Now we have players just camping an UN-atacked turrets and standing there all game in 1-3 groups simply because they get tons of these points and look like heros the whole game... The team is losing 2 outta 3 turrets, So the enemy team never attacks here. Meanwhile the poor team is now fighting 5-6 on 8 on two turrets, very little chance to capture a point..

Why? Because this gives the lame "cheating" (this is cheating in my book) players 10,000 - 15,000 objective points for doing absolutely nothing. They get about 10-15k exp for doing nothing, and get all the MVP votes to the ignorant players that don't notice the truth that they are actually hurting their team.

The end result is that the team with these players is getting their time completely wasted.

Dev's need to come in here and change up the instance to stop this from happening, for now they should completely deactivate it.

Video Below shows the end of a round where I caught these lame kids doing nothing the whole round...

[YOUTUBE]fciGW5u_In8[/YOUTUBE]

External Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fciGW5u_In8

I agree. I hate players that AFK Bot in Warzones and I hate players that camp at a turret that is never going to get attacked and claim that they are "defending it".

The PvP in this game is a joke. The PvE in this game is the same as every other game. There is nothing epic or heroic about it like was promised. Also, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter that came out in the 90's has more interesting space combat than TOR.

Bottome line, SW:TOR is a total let down.

Edited by xPVTx

I agree. I hate players that AFK Bot in Warzones and I hate players that camp at a turret that is never going to get attacked and claim that they are "defending it".

The PvP in this game is a joke. The PvE in this game is the same as every other game. There is nothing epic or heroic about it like was promised. Also, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter that came out in the 90's has more interesting space combat than TOR.

Bottome line, SW:TOR is a total let down.

To the OP->You only get a max of 3k defender points. Defending is a pretty crucial part of a node-based warzone anyway so at least 2-3 people should be defending a node at any given time.

To the quote->If it's a total let down then get out of the forums and go play x-wing. This game isn't based on lol space combat. It's simply a mini-game BW put in to soften the leveling experience.

You seriously let them take the point so you could jump on his corpse...

Also I like people who guard, it allows the rest to have some fun....

Defending a map point for 15-20 minutes not being attacked = AFK botting, stat padding for free XP, guaranteeing a loss for the 5-6 people who unfortunately got stuck with this/these players. There was 2-3 players here when this game started that did nothing the entire map... and the entire map we had only this flag out of the 3, look at the score. They ridiculed my chat telling them to leave the area, as I knew what they were doing with sexual harassment replies...

I was the squad leader, and unfortunately you missed the players earlier in the round, who were called out by me the leader, to leave the flag, them telling me to "eat a dick", telling me that I dunno how to play. They also (again review the chat) knew they were there collecting free XP. While i watch the entire team get slaughtered on the other two flags, they sat here eating their milk and cookies.

Seriously, all you can do is come here troll a person who clearly see's a problem with this map and is trying to fix it? You sir, are a real treat to this pathetic community...

MMOs will always have idiots.

Defending a turret is crucial to win, but I agree, no need for 3-4 of them there.

But to be frank, I hate it even more when people cap and leave it there undefended so they can join the zergfest somewhere else. At least the defenders are making themselves useful if imps decide to come their way.

MMOs will always have idiots.

Defending a turret is crucial to win, but I agree, no need for 3-4 of them there.

But to be frank, I hate it even more when people cap and leave it there undefended so they can join the zergfest somewhere else. At least the defenders are making themselves useful if imps decide to come their way.

The problem why this needs to be addressed sir is that it is catching on.... And soon all lame kids will be doing it... right now in the past 2 days it has grown to about 50% of all matches.. tomorrow it will be 60% and so on and so on.... The aldaraan game has become pointless and should be deactivated until addressed... I have seen guilds who are on both sides, do this so their other side wins as well... while they collect good xp too for defending "nothing"

To ask for a fix implies something is broken. If ******* are being retarded, the devs can't fix anything. Nothing is broken, you're just unfortunately on a team with idiots.

That having been said, I regularly turrets because the objective is to defend. Of a team of 8, if we capture a point I will stay at one with another BH and the 2 of us will defend it. There are still 6 players to attack 2 points, and if they take 1, to defend it. You don't need all 3, you only need 2. If I leave my turret help defend/attack yours, then we lose that one as well and I only have to leave you to go and recapture it again.

6 players is more than enough to attack the other objective. The reason nobody attacks the objectives being camped is because, wait for it, they are being camped. The job is being done, you have a turret there constantly firing on the other team. The other 6 should be doing their job.

Look at the enemy team, they have 8 players, and if we assume they hold both turrets, then they either have a few people guarding one and equal numbers to you fighting over the other therefore if you're good enough you should be able to beat them and take the objective, or they have nobody on the other flag (stupidly) and 8 on the flag you're fightin for, the soluton here is to take the neglected one instead. This gives you 2 objectives and you can guard both and forget about the middle one.

So many games I've won ahve been where we control the 2 side ones and forget the middle one. Too many people argue over the middle objective and accomplish nothing whilst the 2 side ones take down their ship.

To ask for a fix implies something is broken. If ******* are being retarded, the devs can't fix anything. Nothing is broken, you're just unfortunately on a team with idiots.

That having been said, I regularly turrets because the objective is to defend. Of a team of 8, if we capture a point I will stay at one with another BH and the 2 of us will defend it. There are still 6 players to attack 2 points, and if they take 1, to defend it. You don't need all 3, you only need 2. If I leave my turret help defend/attack yours, then we lose that one as well and I only have to leave you to go and recapture it again.

6 players is more than enough to attack the other objective. The reason nobody attacks the objectives being camped is because, wait for it, they are being camped. The job is being done, you have a turret there constantly firing on the other team. The other 6 should be doing their job.

Look at the enemy team, they have 8 players, and if we assume they hold both turrets, then they either have a few people guarding one and equal numbers to you fighting over the other therefore if you're good enough you should be able to beat them and take the objective, or they have nobody on the other flag (stupidly) and 8 on the flag you're fightin for, the soluton here is to take the neglected one instead. This gives you 2 objectives and you can guard both and forget about the middle one.

So many games I've won ahve been where we control the 2 side ones and forget the middle one. Too many people argue over the middle objective and accomplish nothing whilst the 2 side ones take down their ship.

Exactly..use the proper tactics to defend attack, and your side will win.

You seriously let them take the point so you could jump on his corpse...

Also I like people who guard, it allows the rest to have some fun....

Agreed.. they are alot more useful than ppl running from resped alone and getting ganked instantly..

Quiet you!!!

We don't need your logic and 100% Chance to win tactic in this thread..too many people here believe leaving a turret undefended so 1 person comes in undermining their teams effort to take that node in the first place means nothing, and should be done

Quiet you!!!

We don't need your logic and 100% Chance to win tactic in this thread..too many people here believe leaving a turret undefended so 1 person comes in undermining their teams effort to take that node in the first place means nothing, and should be done

Lol, i am not undermining a defensive positon, however when it is clear they are not playing the game, and collecting free XP and loosing the match for the team.. Then it needs to be addressed, defend all you want when you have 2/3 points, if you have 1/3 points and standing at a flag for 15 minutes with no activity, you are AFK botting.. End of Story

Again you are clearly misunderstanding the point that the players were even told to move out by his leader and refused to help where needed... Ranting back they are getting huge points and winning the game...

I am clearly saying defend all you want.. REMOVE the defensive objective scoring and the free XP for idling in a instance doing nothing and this behavior ends...

Or design it so these nobodies get NO VALOR and not in more advanced instances, where competition lies

Thats a shallow approach and you have no clue in game design how things need to be addressed, by your theory this game is 100% perfect and never needs a patch again...

The game can be easily fixed if they remove or tone down the objective points and don't reward losers with big XP. Definately they should not get MVP points with under 10k dmg/healing as obviously they are afk botting

Again, you fail to read the point, Defending is fine, especially if you have 2/3 points.. having 1/3 points and standing at flag 1 for 15 minutes doing nothing when your leader is saying move out... is afk botting... and nothing short of that, no excuse... End of story

Edited by Shrug

If the war zone is broken and people are exploiting it should be happening on both sides. Why is it that the other team is always winning as a result of your team members exploiting?

I have been on both sides of the war zone and it always comes down to A) How many of my guild members I am playing with, B) How noobish the non-guild members on my team are or how noobish the other team is.

The solution is to allow 8 man teams to be formed rather than 4 man teams with 4 pick-up members. That is a problem across all warzones not just Alderaan.

If the war zone is broken and people are exploiting it should be happening on both sides. Why is it that the other team is always winning as a result of your team members exploiting?

I have been on both sides of the war zone and it always comes down to A) How many of my guild members I am playing with, B) How noobish the non-guild members on my team are or how noobish the other team is.

The solution is to allow 8 man teams to be formed rather than 4 man teams with 4 pick-up members. That is a problem across all warzones not just Alderaan.

And who says it don't? I am only reporting what I am seeing on my side.

... is afk botting..

That means something other than what you think it means.

On topic, if my team only has 1/3 and we have people defending the point, I think that's awesome. How are you actually able to rationalize that leaving YOUR ONLY CONTROL POINT undefended is a good idea. Furthermore, you are actually complaining about having people defending instead of leaving it for the enemy to take.

They were there the whole game? GOOD! We need defenders. All too often people cap a node and then take off, leaving the area empty. 1/3, 2/3, 3/3. Doesn't matter. You need defenders.

Also, what magic powers do you feel the "ops leader" should have? It's not like they set up the group! Their name got pulled to be that, so him telling the defenders to move, IMO, means nothing to me.

Honestly, we need more people like them, an less people like you.

Defending a map point for 15-20 minutes not being attacked = AFK botting, stat padding for free XP, guaranteeing a loss for the 5-6 people who unfortunately got stuck with this/these players.

I saved a gun more than once in Alderaan, i never move from the left gun, that is my gun, if noone comes all game then so be it, but most games people try and ninja it.

But i guess i shouldnt be there to fight them off, because that is just botting right?

I'm one of those guys OP.

I cap the left turret and stand there stealthed and I interrupt enemies trying to cap it. I hate people that cap a point a run away to die in a fight.

If I'm doing nothing is because nobody is attacking it at that moment. But it's more than certain that if I leave they will cap it.

Alderan: Cap - Defend - Win.

Also, what magic powers do you feel the "ops leader" should have? It's not like they set up the group! Their name got pulled to be that, so him telling the defenders to move, IMO, means nothing to me.

Honestly, we need more people like them, an less people like you.

This is why I had to laugh at OP's post. He just wants them to conform to his style of play. This is a total non-issue.

I saved a gun more than once in Alderaan, i never move from the left gun, that is my gun, if noone comes all game then so be it, but most games people try and ninja it.

But i guess i shouldnt be there to fight them off, because that is just botting right?

So be it, if you want to stand and do nothing for 15 minutes when down 2 points and no one attacks for 15 minutes and you choose to pick your nose instead of helping your team, when we need help elsewhere then I guess the real choice for us then is to refuse to play this map, and since we have no option to bypass the instance, we shall move forward by leaving in droves when it pops, to help ensure you are short sided players.

I will rest assure, my 4 man group wont participate anymore with a chance of non team players doing nothing when needed to get their free XP just for showign up.. So good luck with that

This is great actually, its helping our case that granting XP to losing teams is a JOKE and the big picture is that, we should only award those that WIN, therefore the lamers wont participate..

To all those that actually understand this, i know you don't respond to these kids, as it's usually a complete waste of time. Just do us a favor also and boycott by exiting it when you get in until its addressed and the kids who don't want to play correctly are dealt with. In any of the provided scenarios such as removing points, not awarding XP to losers.. etc.

The last thing we need is more WoW based useless PVP Instances in this world.

I'm one of those guys OP.

I cap the left turret and stand there stealthed and I interrupt enemies trying to cap it. I hate people that cap a point a run away to die in a fight.

If I'm doing nothing is because nobody is attacking it at that moment. But it's more than certain that if I leave they will cap it.

Alderan: Cap - Defend - Win.

Kinda funny, whenever I see this tactic, 2 flags down, the result is not Cap- Defend - Lose

its Lose because your standing there not capping, when you NEED to cap..

So your logic has failed because you sir were not ordered to defend the flag, and you were ordered to do what is the first point of your creed... CAP

Yet another fix.. you assign a squad leader, well give the leader the power to kick then...

If you were in my army and not listening, you'd be face first in the sand until you puked blood

Edited by Shrug