[Vivicar Awaits] Qyzen ran through 2 groups of enemies to attack one in back

Felioats

And he was all, "U mad, bro?"

I should have known something was up after we finished one group of enemies and he stayed in combat. Nothing in between us and his "prey" had noticed us, yet.

There's a simple solution to this, since I'm a healer Qyzen has to do this anyway.

Send him in first. Select a target, Ctrl + 1, and Qyzen will attack that guy, then when he's finished move on to the next closest one.

Hope this helps, I can see how that would have been annoying!

As I said, the enemies were IDLE. He agro'd one behind many, many others all on his own. We couldn't even see it around a couple of corners.

I doubt putting him on passive or unsummoning him would have helped. I'd probably have stayed in combat.

I had this same issue on my Sage when completing this quest, TWICE, in each long hallway where there are layers of mobs. In the first hallway, Qyzen ran like a mad lizard clear to the back despite me mashing the Passive command. The second hall, Qyzen stayed by me but EVERY mob in the hallway came running up and ate us for dinner.

I was not happy, especially when I'd been taking such pains to be careful so that I WOULDN'T pull too many mobs and die.

There was a bug here. When you destroy each terminal (or whatever it is you're doing I forget) the hallway is supposed to fill with 3 or 4 groups of mobs that you engage one at a time. The bug was that they all come out already aggroed even though you're nowhere near them and Qyzen automatically runs out to engage them because he thinks the previous battle never ended. Even if you were to force Qyzen into passive mode, all those mobs would still come barreling around the corner and flatten you. Edited by Reymundo

Hello everyone!

Was the issue with Qyzen attacking an enemy in the back, causing the other mobs to aggro, before or after the patch today? The patch today had the following fix:

Vivicar Awaits: Lowered the amount of enemies that attack the player during the step "Find a Way Past the Force Field."

This should hopefully have fixed the problem with that class mission. If you have run that mission and are still having a problem, please /bug it in game and post here.

By the way, you can view the patch notes for today's patch here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thanks!

Was the issue with Qyzen attacking an enemy in the back, causing the other mobs to aggro, before or after the patch today?

I was just going to ask this as well. I did that mission a couple of weeks ago, and it was a messy zerg-fest with the whole hallway aggroing at once. I'd love to know if the patch fixed it.

Hello everyone!

Was the issue with Qyzen attacking an enemy in the back, causing the other mobs to aggro, before or after the patch today? The patch today had the following fix

Duuno, but pre-patch he was aggroing mobs in this mission through walls or just heading out on his own and chasing them down.

Was the issue with Qyzen attacking an enemy in the back, causing the other mobs to aggro, before or after the patch today? The patch today had the following fix:

Vivicar Awaits: Lowered the amount of enemies that attack the player during the step "Find a Way Past the Force Field."

For me, it happened pre-patch.

I saw that change and wondered if it was to correct this issue specifically, or if it was just to lower the difficulty.

I got to this point the day before the patch and hemmed and hawed over whether to wait. Decided in the end to go through with it and enjoy what the others were complaining about, to enjoy these "remember the time" posts :o

Remember the orange pixel?

YES! I have only sent in one bug report since launch, and it was for this just the other night. That scaly lizard got me killed twice pulling this BS move :( Suddenly I felt like I somehow forgot how to play the game.

That being said, I finished the quest and am overall happy. It was just really annoying to suddenly experience this after 34 levels of having no real issues.

I got to this point the day before the patch and hemmed and hawed over whether to wait. Decided in the end to go through with it and enjoy what the others were complaining about, to enjoy these "remember the time" posts :o

Remember the orange pixel?

lol, yes. Thought my four month old monitor decided to break.

Good to see the instance is fixed now.

• 3 weeks later...