Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

Equeliber
10.03.2018 , 12:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
In no way is this a "cripple" to tanking, simply do force pull from 10m and then follow that up with normal rotation, no need of using phantom stride at all, use force speed if you are slow at getting to your target. If you are still struggling with maintaining aggro you can either use your first taunt earlier, use a DPS Adrenal, use Recklessness, use Overcharged Saber or a combination of those. After your 3rd taunt, you will have the highest threat on the target and it will be incredibly difficult for someone to get aggro, even if you have worse gear than the DPS or aren't using power mods.
Sure, it isn't THAT bad. But it is still an unnecessary change that is not welcome. Especially for Deception.

P.S. And by the way, I don't even know what they fixed with this. I have already seen people teleported 30+m away in the wrong direction after using holotraverse/Phantom stride. May be the bug where you get thrown upwards into the sky?
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

FlyXan
10.03.2018 , 01:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
In no way is this a "cripple" to tanking, simply do force pull from 10m and then follow that up with normal rotation, no need of using phantom stride at all, use force speed if you are slow at getting to your target. If you are still struggling with maintaining aggro you can either use your first taunt earlier, use a DPS Adrenal, use Recklessness, use Overcharged Saber or a combination of those. After your 3rd taunt, you will have the highest threat on the target and it will be incredibly difficult for someone to get aggro, even if you have worse gear than the DPS or aren't using power mods.
Yeah sure, why not delete phantom stride? We don't need that crap anyway, we can just waste one of our best dcd as a gap closer in the first second of the fight.
Seriously, why are you defending this change? Or should juggs use mad dash instead of force charge and PTs pop their hydraulics? Sins have this ability for a reason. Sure, we can adjust until this fix is unfixed again but that doesn't mean it should stay like this.

Darittha
10.03.2018 , 01:43 PM | #23
if something negatively affects all specs of single class it should be deleted. i play tank sin only and the change we got is real hindrance imo.

Force Pull->Phantom Stride->combat.
this was perfect opener. once you used Pull, you could use stride to
close distance even while global CD was running because stride
was off GCD and then normally tank rest of the fight with high starting
threat.

Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Phantom Stride->0,25secs GCD->combat
that 1,5secs that got thrown in there is
making my like living hell especially on bosses
like Raptus who have plenty of time to jump on
you before u can close the distance with your
Phantom Stride.

My friend suggested to stay at 10m and use
Force Speed but that is also hindered: Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Force Speed->combat.

As for dps specs i dont play it but from what ive seen on this forum and on guildchat it messes up rotation and lowers overall dps-> not good either.

As i never noticed any instance when Phantom Stride overlapped with "other movement abilities" i really dont get why they had to "fix" it. Assassin tank is my main character and the only thing i noticed that should warrant some fix was bad platforming that caused a person to fall down when Phantom Stride was targeted on someone close to the edge of some platform - and even this is something that u stop noticing after few mins of playing. But something nobody noticed needed fixing more than that? And as a bonus all three class specs get nerfed? This needs to be undone immediately so Phantom Stride can be free of GCD like before.

Equeliber
10.03.2018 , 01:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Force Speed->combat.
The way you could do it is activate Force speed first -> force pull while running to the boss -> Combat
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Darittha
10.03.2018 , 01:55 PM | #25
you will get the same problem: Force Speed->1,5secs GCD->Force Pull->combat. but by the time u get to Force Pull your Force Speed will nearly run out.

ultimarb
10.03.2018 , 01:56 PM | #26
this change is not acceptable for deception . this is a complete mess
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

AdjeYo
10.03.2018 , 03:20 PM | #27
if something negatively affects all specs of single class it should be deleted. i play tank sin only and the change we got is real hindrance imo.

Force Pull->Phantom Stride->combat.
this was perfect opener. once you used Pull, you could use stride to
close distance even while global CD was running because stride
was off GCD and then normally tank rest of the fight with high starting
threat.

Phantom Stride.

My friend suggested to stay at 10m and use
Force Speed but that is also hindered: Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Force Speed->combat.

As for dps specs i dont play it but from what ive seen on this forum and on guildchat it messes up rotation and lowers overall dps-> not good either.

As i never noticed any instance when Phantom Stride overlapped with "other movement abilities" i really dont get why they had to "fix" it. Assassin tank is my main character and the only thing i noticed that should warrant some fix was bad platforming that caused a person to fall down when Phantom Stride was targeted on someone close to the edge of some platform - and even this is something that u stop noticing after few mins of playing. But something nobody noticed needed fixing more than that? And as a bonus all three class specs get nerfed? This needs to be undone immediately so Phantom Stride can be free of GCD like before.
Force Speed is usable off the gcd in case you haven't noticed. So you can open with Force Pull + Force Speed in the same GCD just like Sins have done before Phantom Stride. There's plenty of reason to be annoyed with this change, but honestly Sin tank's opener is really not one of them.

RikuvonDrake
10.03.2018 , 05:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyXan View Post
Yeah sure, why not delete phantom stride? We don't need that crap anyway, we can just waste one of our best dcd as a gap closer in the first second of the fight.
Seriously, why are you defending this change? Or should juggs use mad dash instead of force charge and PTs pop their hydraulics? Sins have this ability for a reason. Sure, we can adjust until this fix is unfixed again but that doesn't mean it should stay like this.
What kind of weird reasoning is this, you can waste force speed if you have problems pressing movement keys and need to quickly get to the boss and start using abilities. Generally, you don't need your defensive cooldowns anyway within the first few seconds of the fight so your entire argument doesn't make sense, most tank on Nightmare already use DPS adrenal at the start, cause there is simply no need to save all your defensives for Revan core.

It's not a great change, sure, but the impact is incredibly limited and I don't see who so many of you are making a big deal out of it, as far as I can read from your reasoning it's more due to lack of proper ability usage that is the cause of your aggro issues.

Phantom Stride.
The Raptus argument doesn't make any sense, even when you have everyone using rebounders to push it quicker into the next phase you will have AoE taunt back if you are required to use it. If you are not using rebounders you can simply start with phantom stride, no need to use force pull, and do double taunt to maintain aggro. Don't blame your flawed ability rotation on this change.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

FlavivsAetivs
10.03.2018 , 06:00 PM | #29
If you do the math it only nerfs infiltration/deception's DPS by about 80 DPS. So it's not a serious nerf but it is still a nerf to one of the already lowest-parsing classes.

But yeah, this really screws with shadow rotation, it makes it extremely clunky and annoying, and severely hamper's Shadow's/Sin's utility on the few fights where it's actually extremely useful. E.g. Brontes, where you can zip around through the Clock Phase, etc. This is because you now have an essentially 1.55 second delay where you're doing 0 DPS, and in that time frame that's all it takes for other DPS classes to do enough damage clean up, whereas deception/infiltration had a slight advantage in that role.

Also, it's not 1.5s + 0.25s because you should be using an 1866 Alacrity build which reduces your GCD to 1.3s.

That being said, I'm switching to serenity it looks like. This is a really annoying and unnecessary change that doesn't even fix the problems with shadow stride/holotraverse. I could understand it if it actually fixed the issues with shadow stride, or the uncoupled shadow stride from infiltration's rotation, but it doesn't, and they didn't.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
Umbra
Jedi Covenant

LudhaninRolgge
10.03.2018 , 07:14 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post
The only reason we're not sure yet if it fixes getting launched into space (which it shouldn't, as that thing is usually caused by angles and not ability overlap AFAIK) is because the launch is so rare that you can't really rule it out just because it hasn't happened yet. I'm fully expecting to hear within the next week or two that someone gets launched though, and that this was all just to screw with our class XD
I was launched across the map earlier today in the new huttball so now it doesn't fix anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
If you do the math it only nerfs infiltration/deception's DPS by about 80 DPS. So it's not a serious nerf but it is still a nerf to one of the already lowest-parsing classes.
How would one do the math to find that ? I'm curious. I tried earlier, but obviously failed since I found a bigger DPS lost
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale