Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

FlyXan
10.03.2018 , 12:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used.
You have to use phantom stride for good DPS to begin with. Why do you comment in class specific threads if you don't play the class? Now you just made yourself look stupid.
As mentioned above, using the ability procs various other abilities and as such, it is a crucial part of assassin rotation/priority.

Baennen
10.03.2018 , 01:06 AM | #12
Please remove the GCD from Phantom Shride again. It's really annoying to play the class like that. The class feeling isn't especially for Deception Sin the same as it was before.

It would be very nice from you to change it again to no GCD.

BraverDre
10.03.2018 , 03:20 AM | #13
Very good changes. I am so happy about it as never before. It is brilliant how they fix PS. 10/10 Now it's inquisitors time!!! Time to buff Sorcs since assassins recieved a PS fix that now will allow them to stay in the battle and deal more deeps. Great job bioware. Respect from me

LudhaninRolgge
10.03.2018 , 05:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
Very good changes. I am so happy about it as never before. It is brilliant how they fix PS. 10/10 Now it's inquisitors time!!! Time to buff Sorcs since assassins recieved a PS fix that now will allow them to stay in the battle and deal more deeps. Great job bioware. Respect from me
I hope you're being sarcastic because the way they fixed PS is like putting a bandaid on a hole in the hull of your sinking ship.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

zhezvya
10.03.2018 , 06:33 AM | #15
I haven't log in since last week, and as I understand from this thread they have sh#!@ even more on sins now.
I bet they want us to go play with PTs in the corner.
Kira Kira TheDebofNight

Elssha
10.03.2018 , 12:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zhezvya View Post
I haven't log in since last week, and as I understand from this thread they have sh#!@ even more on sins now.
I bet they want us to go play with PTs in the corner.

They added a .25s GCD to pStride... which wouldn't be an issue (IMHO) IF it didn't also make it respect the normal GCD (if you use an ability, you have to wait a GCD to use pStride.

For Tanks, this means our opener goes from Pull>Stride>shock to pull [GCD]>Stride [miniGCD]> shock, giving us more than a GCD between the first two threat generating moves (pull/shock). It's annoying as hell and most people I've spoken to say we'll likely have to revert to the 2.0 opener which eats one of our DCD's as a gap closer.

For Deception, that means you're lowering your APM by using pStride (which you need to use rotationally, for the few post I've seen here that apparently post without actually playing the class) and have to fight muscle memory like crazy.

Tests have already also shown that this "fix" fixes nothing of the normal over/undershoooting issues or basically 18 of the D20 roll possibilities when using pStride.

The only reason we're not sure yet if it fixes getting launched into space (which it shouldn't, as that thing is usually caused by angles and not ability overlap AFAIK) is because the launch is so rare that you can't really rule it out just because it hasn't happened yet. I'm fully expecting to hear within the next week or two that someone gets launched though, and that this was all just to screw with our class XD

Darittha
10.03.2018 , 12:07 PM | #17
its a huge nerf to dps but it completely cripples tank opener. 1,5-1,75 secs global cd u get after force pull before u can use phantom stride causes bosses like writhing horror or raptus to pretty much wipe the raid on harder difficulties.

their explanation was so vague it seemed like they couldnt find proper reason for adding that 0,25 global cd. feels like this: what will i mess up in next patch, maybe cripple all assassin specs with 1 change? but how do i explain it? : .25 second Global Cooldown has been added to Phantom Stride to prevent an issue when this ability was overlapped with other movement abilities. ->i never had any problems, only platforming was a bit off when stride is used on target close to the edge of something. and thats not even worth mentioning since all the rest worked perfectly. so what movement abilities they even speak off?

LeonDeGrance
10.03.2018 , 12:16 PM | #18
I have to agree, this additional GCD has done more harm than good thus far. I really hope the devs see this, and remove the additional GCD.
SWTOR - Beta

Darittha
10.03.2018 , 12:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Baennen View Post
Please remove the GCD from Phantom Shride again. It's really annoying to play the class like that. The class feeling isn't especially for Deception Sin the same as it was before.

It would be very nice from you to change it again to no GCD.
100% agree. since stride is part of all sin class specs whatever i try it feels so wrong and clunky. dont know why they fix something that clearly isnt broken. hope they will realize their mistake of nerfing a class that definitely doesnt need it and go back to no gcd for phantom stride.

RikuvonDrake
10.03.2018 , 12:38 PM | #20
In no way is this a "cripple" to tanking, simply do force pull from 10m and then follow that up with normal rotation, no need of using phantom stride at all, use force speed if you are slow at getting to your target. If you are still struggling with maintaining aggro you can either use your first taunt earlier, use a DPS Adrenal, use Recklessness, use Overcharged Saber or a combination of those. After your 3rd taunt, you will have the highest threat on the target and it will be incredibly difficult for someone to get aggro, even if you have worse gear than the DPS or aren't using power mods.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus