Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception vs Hatred 5.9

winterelegy
09.28.2018 , 12:37 PM | #1
I currently run a Deception sin and it's decent enough (I can get some solid parses but overall its lower than my IO Merc) and I'm wondering how it compares to Hatred these days for HM/Nim content. I know for a while Hatred was supposedly like the worst dps spec in the game, but that was a few patches ago. I recently got into dot specs with the IO merc and I'm wondering if Hatred vs Deception is similar to IO vs Arsenal in terms of increased dps over an ops boss fight?

Maxitrac
09.28.2018 , 06:39 PM | #2
Hatred and Deception are good for certain things, after all they're opposite specs. Most fights with an extended burn, or adds hatred will out perform deception. But something with a small burst window deception will be better. If you want to do NiM as a sin I suggest to learn hatred and deception to an equal level.
26/26 Nim/MM 5.0 5/5 Gods pre 5.9
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <Aeon>

ultimarb
10.01.2018 , 01:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by winterelegy View Post
I currently run a Deception sin and it's decent enough (I can get some solid parses but overall its lower than my IO Merc) and I'm wondering how it compares to Hatred these days for HM/Nim content. I know for a while Hatred was supposedly like the worst dps spec in the game, but that was a few patches ago. I recently got into dot specs with the IO merc and I'm wondering if Hatred vs Deception is similar to IO vs Arsenal in terms of increased dps over an ops boss fight?
Deception has the most dps difference between each parse for e.g + - 500, due to crit luck etc. a huge difference is the second ball lightning which can be triggerd by a chance (25%) so on top of having the fortune of getting a crit you'll also need a certain amount of double ball lightnings to get max dps.
that's the reason why you'll be lower than io. and you cant compare a dot spec with a burst spec in general

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
Hatred and Deception are good for certain things, after all they're opposite specs. Most fights with an extended burn, or adds hatred will out perform deception. But something with a small burst window deception will be better. If you want to do NiM as a sin I suggest to learn hatred and deception to an equal level.
You can clear all NIM Content with just Deception. I've done that, cause I hate Hatred

But you can go much easier for you if you are capable to perform both specs. As Maxitrac mentioned Hatred will outperform Deception on most Boss encounters and since on of the later patches it has the aoe damage reduction too.
Hatred has one of the hardest hitting < 30% DPS. So it's definitly viable.
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

Maxitrac
10.01.2018 , 02:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
You can clear all NIM Content with just Deception. I've done that, cause I hate Hatred
I'm the opposite to you lmao. I play hatred for everything cause i hate deception
26/26 Nim/MM 5.0 5/5 Gods pre 5.9
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <Aeon>

Kazz_Devlin
10.04.2018 , 12:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
I'm the opposite to you lmao. I play hatred for everything cause i hate deception
Hatred the chicken S%$%& spec no respect for this spec. super boring oooo look I dropped a bunch of dots and they hit multiple peeps <snore> Epic snooze fest. No sense of accomplishment I mean really and this goes for all dot spec's how hard is it to drop a dot on a group?

Though I do love when I manage to out DPS a dot spec!

LudhaninRolgge
10.05.2018 , 08:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
Hatred has one of the hardest hitting < 30% DPS. So it's definitly viable.
Doesn't Deception have the best execute ? Something like +5% DPS under 30% ?
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

Jevaruss
10.05.2018 , 12:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
Doesn't Deception have the best execute ? Something like +5% DPS under 30% ?
It was nerfed to 3% with the great nerfs of patch 5.5. Also hatred has a 30% boost to Death Field, Eradicate, and all dots in execute which is a bit over half its damage so that's like 15%+.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.