Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin today?

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
i said so when i wrote this:

I do believe that's what I said earlier kite and avoid melee, don't attack when stuff is up i've done it and it takes a long time compared to other classes and while they don't rise quite to the level of merc's and snipers it still op you get at least 1 maybe 1.5 extra lives vs the 3 that mercs and snipers get. For the DPS you put out its to much. Take mercs and snipers out of the que and jugs DPS if they know how to run the class are always top dog. Best Damage reduct in game and Don't even get me started on the whole tossing us across the map either that should be nerfed and turned into a stun like our knock down was!
Then we still substively disagree.

1v1 if your opponent doesn't know what the buff looks like or if you time it well (i.e. dots ) FD is a second life. Multiple opponents, however I've used FD and not even noticed it because i was killed so fast.

I think negating .mercs and snipers, concentration sentinels would be the new kings.

Also, don't shadows get an aoe knockback or did they make that sage only too (ala phasewalk)?

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If we agree you need to define what you mean. Mercs have excellent damage reduction or avoidance DCDs in addition to range and superior kiting tools to guardians, not to mention that as a healing capable class they have "spammable" heals.

Snipers work by keeping you away from them (engineering's fire puddle is the bane of my existence), and also have good DCDs but there are no snipers topping a healing chart or eating damage - if i can stay on one, i can kill it, but it has far more ways to get away from me than i have to get back to him.

Guardians have FD. It doesnt reflect all non-aoe damage like a mercs does (our reflect doesn't do that either). We do not get other DCDs like a sentinel does explicitly because we get FD. Frankly, I would rather have more DR based DCDs or an anti-focus and less reliance on FD healing because FD is absurdly easy to burst through by two or more players (and again, i don't bother with 1v1).

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim. Concentration sentinels for instance are probably in a far better spot than vigi and definately focus guardians, and i have seen complaints about them too.
You and the devs refuse to see the impact that a 1 vs 1 encounter has. You completely ignore it and write it off as oh it's a team match. If it ain't balanced 1 vs 1 how in the hell is it balanced when you have 3 jugs in a match?

So yes 1 vs 1 matters because as long as you have " I WIN CLASSES" you upset the balance and impose a barrier that NON "I WIN CLASSES" have to over come which increases with every said class added to that team. This is the reason why only certain classes are desired in ranked and others are frowned upon and discouraged. It is also the reason most typical pvp matches consist of no less than 3 mercs, 3 jugs and at least one sniper. It is also why you get lumped with the rest !

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:58 PM | #23
You and the devs refuse to see the impact that a 1 vs 1 encounter has. You completely ignore it and write it off as oh it's a team match. If it ain't balanced 1 vs 1 how in the hell is it balanced when you have 3 jugs in a match?
because different classes are good at different things

As a vigi guardian all i bring to the table is high aoe damage and taunts. I have no other team utility. If i went focus, I'd have low mobility burst on a melee class.

As a shadow you have among the best team utility, I'd say the better stealth was a good operative, personally. But stealth, utilized well, is far more crucial to a team than aoe damage (at least outside of arenas).

I was in a hypergates with 3 juggies, we lost to a numerically inferior team with an operative. He stealthed our guard in the last 20s of the crucial round. That is the power of a stealth class in team play.

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 01:01 PM | #24
Then we still substively disagree.

1v1 if your opponent doesn't know what the buff looks like or if you time it well (i.e. dots ) FD is a second life. Multiple opponents, however I've used FD and not even noticed it because i was killed so fast.

I think negating .mercs and snipers, concentration sentinels would be the new kings.

Also, don't shadows get an aoe knockback or did they make that sage only too (ala phasewalk)?
one would argue that your not suppose to survive multiple opponents! Two jugs vs one sin is a death sentence because of Enraged Defense and reflect even when the other jug is a noob as a sin you have to stop attacking at least twice while still being attacked.

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 01:04 PM | #25
because different classes are good at different things

As a vigi guardian all i bring to the table is high aoe damage and taunts. I have no other team utility. If i went focus, I'd have low mobility burst on a melee class.

As a shadow you have among the best team utility, I'd say the better stealth was a good operative, personally. But stealth, utilized well, is far more crucial to a team than aoe damage (at least outside of arenas).

I was in a hypergates with 3 juggies, we lost to a numerically inferior team with an operative. He stealthed our guard in the last 20s of the crucial round. That is the power of a stealth class in team play.
Stun lock? Really it should happen to you once and then you should learn to camp away from the node and have INC pre-typed! That is just neophyte vs veteran. Against someone who knows how to play he can't cap a node that way because by the time he makes it back to the node the stun is almost over plus you can't be stunned cause your white barred and you can leap, saber throw whatever before he caps! So now your power of stealth is rendered moot. The only exception to that is multiple stealth's which is easily countered by two guards.

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 01:11 PM | #26
Stun lock? Really it should happen to you once and then you should learn to camp away from the node and have INC pre-typed! That is just neophyte vs veteran. Against someone who knows how to play he can't cap a node that way because by the time he makes it back to the node the stun is almost over plus you can't be stunned cause your white barred and you can leap, saber throw whatever before he caps! So now your power of stealth is rendered moot.
Way to assume i was the guard in this instance. Someone else volunteered. The point is, stealth capping is very much a thing. I have a friend that stealth capped 2 people. We'd have lost that match otherwise

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 01:15 PM | #27
Way to assume i was the guard in this instance. Someone else volunteered. The point is, stealth capping is very much a thing. I have a friend that stealth capped 2 people. We'd have lost that match otherwise
Moot point whether it was you or a ranged class now isn't it! Would it be any less effective if it was a sniper or merc or sorc? NO! Fact is they are best suited as guards because they have the range. Stealth sap capping is only effective against neophyte players/ teams that don't know any better! against an experienced skilled team it won't happen.If other team has multiple stealth plan ahead and have 2 guard if both are at least 30 meters away the stun should end and allow one attack.

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 01:22 PM | #28
Moot point whether it was you or a ranged class now isn't it! Would it be any less effective if it was a sniper or merc or sorc? NO! Fact is they are best suited as guards because they have the range. Stealth sap capping is only effective against neophyte players/ teams that don't know any better! against an experienced skilled team it won't happen.
Mercs are actually pretty terrible node guards... snipers are decent at it, stealths are honestly the best at it, but outside of that the best node guard is probably a powertech because shoulder cannons.

The point is, stealth capping is something a shadow has the potential to do that my guardian cannot do. Again, its a hit and run playstyle. Backstabby classes aren't my thing personally but assassin is obviously supposed to be a bsckstabby type class.

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 01:39 PM | #29
Mercs are actually pretty terrible node guards... snipers are decent at it, stealths are honestly the best at it, but outside of that the best node guard is probably a powertech because shoulder cannons.

The point is, stealth capping is something a shadow has the potential to do that my guardian cannot do. Again, its a hit and run playstyle. Backstabby classes aren't my thing personally but assassin is obviously supposed to be a bsckstabby type class.
on that we disagree hit run means being able to cloak out at will we get one on a 2 minute cool down that can be broke with AOE melee attacks & AOE DOTS if you don't have shroud of madness. When you do manage it your stuck in combat and can't heal or stun peeps so it's the most ineffectual hit and run spec ever designed.

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 01:48 PM | #30

don't see how its a ranged spec! if you guard at your maximum range and get sapped the sapper has to move all the way over to the node by that time most of stun is up. as soon as it ends fire off best ranged attack .....cap.stopped. If two stealth then 2 guards both at range and opposite one another at least 10 meters apart to avoid both being sapped by operative's flash bang again it takes each sapper to much time to make it to pylon to cap it your stun is dam near over before he starts the cap. Once ends fire off you ranged attack lightning, missile's, whatever.