Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Assassin today?


KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.19.2018 , 10:57 AM | #11
This is why i did not want to get into this debate with you. I made it about 3/4 of the way through this grammatical nightmare before giving up.

Sins are a hit and run class, as the least mobile melee class guardians are not. If you choose to use your class abilities in an attempt to number farm damage rather than utility, thats on you not the class. You choose when to use something for offensive or defensive purposes. I would hesistate to say that using your stealth out as an antifocus tool would make you fsr less susceptible to being focused. I do this with reflect: do i use it for max damage reflected or save it for when i might need it as a DCD?

Give me an antifocus or mara DCDs and FD can go away. In the meantime, i must function by sitting in everything other classes can avoid.

My real point in coming here was not, in fact, to claim shadows are good or in an incredible place; rather, it is to inform your potential readers that guardians are not even remotely in the same galaxy as merc DCDs, and that the real best melee dps class currently is a concentration sent.

We are never going to agree, and you going off on grammatically atrocious walls of text does not encourage me to continue debating issues. Any 4v4 of entirely one class vs another is to me just a stupid pointless debate. Also, a couple weeks ago, i got into a 4 man of 3 sents (mine and 2 others) and a shadow vs 2 mercs, a guardian, and a sniper.

According to you we shouldn't have had a chance. We won handily. Skill >> class. Oh and by the way, the guardian got focused first. In less than 30 seconds he was dead, bursting through 12 full stacks of FD.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:05 PM | #12
Well grammar Mr. Nazi you forgot the camma after Oh in:
According to you we shouldn't have had a chance. We won handily. Skill >> class. Oh and by the way, the guardian got focused first. In less than 30 seconds he was dead, bursting through 12 full stacks of FD

you misspelled thats, hesitate , anti-focus, far in:

Sins are a hit and run class, as the least mobile melee class guardians are not. If you choose to use your class abilities in an attempt to number farm damage rather than utility, thats on you not the class. You choose when to use something for offensive or defensive purposes. I would hesistate to say that using your stealth out as an antifocus tool would make you fsr less susceptible to being focused. I do this with reflect: do i use it for max damage reflected or save it for when i might need it as a DCD?

Pardon my wall of text, I, my defense I was at work and I did write it on a break on a cell phone no less. To be honest you saying sins is hit and run is your opinion when your cloak is easily broken cloaking out and running become ineffectual at hitting and running because you just end up dead.

I assumed you have the intelligence to understand I was talking about all things being equal i.e. best o the best in skill level not random matches with peeps with no clue on how to play the class your scenario is apples to oranges.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:08 PM | #13
I used my cell phone too. At least i do know how to enter paragraphs on my phone, which assists in readability compared to giant walls of text.

In other words, my slight grammar errors do nothing to affect your ability to read or understand my argument. Your consistently terrible grammar, coupled with an inability to create paragraphs, and repeated over-emotionality makes your argument far less intelligible.

Fyi this is from my phone too, want a screenshot?

And on the skill v skill thing - thats where the rock paper scissors analogy came in. There are some classes that are innately better at some things than others. Thats the nature of the beast, really. There are plenty of ways FD can be made useless too, the easiest of which is to simply burst through it. Again, with sins and guardians its just a different class. My protest is to the insinuation that our DCDs are as good as mercs, which frankly is almost dumber than the guys claiming real tanks do too much dps or that guard on dps specs is op.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I used my cell phone too. At least i do know how to enter paragraphs on my phone, which assists in readability compared to giant walls of text.

In other words, my slight grammar errors do nothing to affect your ability to read or understand my argument. Your consistently terrible grammar, coupled with an inability to create paragraphs, and repeated over-emotionality makes your argument far less intelligible.

Fyi this is from my phone too, want a screenshot?

And on the skill v skill thing - thats where the rock paper scissors analogy came in. There are some classes that are innately better at some things than others. Thats the nature of the beast, really.
Hmm you seem to be the emotional one who can't spell. I have limited time and thus can't go through it all didn't think it would be THAT big a deal I guess I was wrong most peeps just suck it up. Guess your lazy and bad speller. You had bad grammar and bad spelling mine was just paragraph spacing

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Hmm you seem to be the emotional one who can't spell. I have limited time and thus can't go through it all didn't think it would be THAT big a deal I guess I was wrong most peeps just suck it up. Guess your lazy.
I have limited time too, it still doesn't affect my ability to push a button twice to skip a line.

I'm stubborn. If someone is proliferating misinformation, I'm going to say something.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I have limited time too, it still doesn't affect my ability to push a button twice to skip a line.

I'm stubborn. If someone is proliferating misinformation, I'm going to say something.
What misinformation?

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
What misinformation?
My my we have come full circle. As i have said three times now

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
My real point in coming here was not, in fact, to claim shadows are good or in an incredible place; rather, it is to inform your potential readers that guardians are not even remotely in the same galaxy as merc DCDs, and that the real best melee dps class currently is a concentration sent.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:33 PM | #18
In that we agree but, they still break trinity whether you want to admit it or not. Not to the same level as merc or sniper however they break trinity none the less!

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.19.2018 , 12:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
In that we agree but, they still break trinity whether you want to admit it or not. Not to the same level as merc or sniper however they break trinity none the less!
If we agree you need to define what you mean. Mercs have excellent damage reduction or avoidance DCDs in addition to range and superior kiting tools to guardians, not to mention that as a healing capable class they have "spammable" heals.

Snipers work by keeping you away from them (engineering's fire puddle is the bane of my existence), and also have good DCDs but there are no snipers topping a healing chart or eating damage - if i can stay on one, i can kill it, but it has far more ways to get away from me than i have to get back to him.

Guardians have FD. It doesnt reflect all non-aoe damage like a mercs does (our reflect doesn't do that either). We do not get other DCDs like a sentinel does explicitly because we get FD. Frankly, I would rather have more DR based DCDs or an anti-focus and less reliance on FD healing because FD is absurdly easy to burst through by two or more players (and again, i don't bother with 1v1).

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim. Concentration sentinels for instance are probably in a far better spot than vigi and definately focus guardians, and i have seen complaints about them too.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 12:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If we agree you need to define what you mean. Mercs have excellent damage reduction or avoidance DCDs in addition to range and superior kiting tools to guardians, not to mention that as a healing capable class they have "spammable" heals.

Snipers work by keeping you away from them (engineering's fire puddle is the bane of my existence), and also have good DCDs but there are no snipers topping a healing chart or eating damage - if i can stay on one, i can kill it, but it has far more ways to get away from me than i have to get back to him.

Guardians have FD. It doesnt reflect all non-aoe damage like a mercs does (our reflect doesn't do that either). We do not get other DCDs like a sentinel does explicitly because we get FD. Frankly, I would rather have more DR based DCDs or an anti-focus and less reliance on FD healing because FD is absurdly easy to burst through by two or more players (and again, i don't bother with 1v1).

So if you do not think guardians are as op as mercs or snipers defensively, please stop lumping us together. Because i will respond every time i notice this claim.
i said so when i wrote this:

I do believe that's what I said earlier kite and avoid melee, don't attack when stuff is up i've done it and it takes a long time compared to other classes and while they don't rise quite to the level of merc's and snipers it still op you get at least 1 maybe 1.5 extra lives vs the 3 that mercs and snipers get. For the DPS you put out its to much. Take mercs and snipers out of the que and jugs DPS if they know how to run the class are always top dog. Best Damage reduct in game and Don't even get me started on the whole tossing us across the map either that should be nerfed and turned into a stun like our knock down was!