Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

olagatonjedi
08.24.2018 , 11:38 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheike View Post
These changes should probably be reverted. How can deception/infiltration damage be cut while our DCD's don't protect us well at all compared to other class DCD's? We can't take a hit, we can barely dish it out and we only get one health bar's worth of up time. If we aren't going to be allowed dcd's that give worthwhile protection or allowed any more than one health bar of up time, then you have to restore our damage or we'll just continue to eat crap and get steamrolled. I highly discourage your approach of balancing this game on paper, but not seeing it through in practice i.e. not doing intensive testing with experienced pvpers who specifically rock out on SWTOR. Leave the dcd's as they are if you must, but it shouldn't be difficult to assign appropriate damage to what is supposed to be the melee glass cannon of the game. Eric and others, I want to be honest: This feels like something you guys ought to have realized on your own if you actually play the game as much as you claim to.
What dcds are you finding unhelpful? Compared to what other dcds?

LD_Little_Dragon
08.24.2018 , 03:24 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
What dcds are you finding unhelpful? Compared to what other dcds?
Since he's pvp-centric I'll wager a guess it's the utilties he's really miffed about. Deception doesn't get the damage reduction on stun that tanks get - they get aoe reduction instead.

For pve damage reduction when stunned is largely useless, but some pvp-only players want to be the fotm class, and can't stand being anywhere in the middle.

From a pve viewpoint the survivability of deception is fine, for pvp it's in the middle.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

olagatonjedi
08.27.2018 , 10:26 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Since he's pvp-centric I'll wager a guess it's the utilties he's really miffed about. Deception doesn't get the damage reduction on stun that tanks get - they get aoe reduction instead.

For pve damage reduction when stunned is largely useless, but some pvp-only players want to be the fotm class, and can't stand being anywhere in the middle.

From a pve viewpoint the survivability of deception is fine, for pvp it's in the middle.
Yeah, i didnt quite understand his complaint.