Darkness nerf in 1.2

Xancath

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea a tanky assasin critting me with shock for 4k and a simultaneous1.7~ is cool

glad assasins spells hit harer than sorc spells ROFL

thought you guys were melee?

Exaggerate much? I am one of such tacky assassins in tank gear with dps mods (BM). With adrenal/relic/stim/CD the highest crit I've ever put out on an ungeared scrub is around 2700 followed by the once in a while 50% additional one. It will not hit this hard on anyone with a decent amount of expertise. I'm pretty well known as one of the few tankassins on my server that do well. (Infdel-Dark Reaper). Most damage I've done in a wz is a little over 450k. That was void star in a premade with heals on me for max uptime. Breaking 300k is not uncommon if I am going for damage but I normally play for objectives so it's around 250k normally. This is not crazy. In dps gear, I trade around 5k hp and the crappy survivability tank stats offer in pvp for being able to put out enough damage to kill sOmeone.

Tankassins are great if played well but there aren't many to begin with and even fewer played well.

Edited by AncientForce

Yeah I have been seeing this coming for a long time coming. Now I want to see what they plan on doing with deception, as of now darkness is the only spec worth using. A buff is needed for deception maybe a higher armor rating with surging charge or something they are so darn squishy, I destroy deceptions 1v1 its sad I should not out DPS a DPS.

yea a tanky assasin critting me with shock for 4k and a simultaneous1.7~ is cool

One of the really funny thing is that our Force Lightning hits a Sorcerer MUCH harder than their identical spell hits us as a 'tank'. It's not inherently overpowered but it's certainly not something that seems intuitive.

if they want to push pekple.not.to use all dps.mods to tank with, then make tank mods usefull. Make shields capable of blocking all or.at least most attacks. Its not like you will take 0 damage, but allowing shield or defence to actually matter would.help push people to use them.

Change guard to let your shield.and defence stat to forward to your guard target. Dont do a flat 50% split. This wil mean tanks mods and stats will be needed to guard effectivly. This of course will only be usefull if shield and defence.work on most attacks.

One of the really funny thing is that our Force Lightning hits a Sorcerer MUCH harder than their identical spell hits us as a 'tank'. It's not inherently overpowered but it's certainly not something that seems intuitive.

That's if we build three stacks of HD and pop CD/adrenal/relic. You are not taking into account that sorc can cast one then cast another back to back. The damage is different and the set up is different. Sorc gets way more control. Why not use it to set up back to back FL instead of crying about tankassins FL that takes several globals to set up properly and can be interrupted with CC or knockback or pull. People need to learn how to play better instead of crying nerf this and that. Show me 1 good player that rolls people of any class and I will show you 20 o the same class/spec that suck. It's the player. Just a couple weeks everyone was saying how gimp darkness was. Now it is all of a sudden OP when nothing has changed.

lol...

Can we get a REAL source for this supposed nerf?

Just my 2 cents - its not the Darkness spec'ed assassin's DPS ppl should fear, bc we DONT do a lot of DPS....

What ppl are really ************ and crying about is our survivability. Since they actually fixed Harness Darkness and Wither to actually proc the stack appropriately - yes, i can beat anyone 1 on 1.

I have mostly cent. armor, w some champ gear, and a BM staff.

I know how to play it well, use my force pull and fry a noob up in Huttball.

I actually think this thread is a troll, bc of the "source" link lol. And the FACT that Darkness assassins in DPS gear just do not put out the damage that ppl think we do....

The only class that gives me trouble 1 v 1 is an Operative. They seem to just dump the dps on ppls faces....

And another thing, if we did soooooo much dps that we need to be nerfed....why is it i cannot kill a healer when he just heals himself?

If he tries to dps me down, he will lose.

Otherwise, all im doing is just harassing him to the point that he wont heal others as much. We cannot effectively kill, at will, a healer.....

Go nerf yo self!

I think 300k damage 100k protection 75k healing is nuts. We should be able to do the protection and healing but the damage i can put out is nuts. I can get FL with 3 stacks of HD do 6k damage followed by 4k chain shock with popping cool downs and trinkets.

Yes a change that would make sense is making our tanking stats worth wile in PVP. Right now it only makes sense to use dps gear.

This thread is a perfect example of why Bioware should ignore nerf/buff calls on the forums.

Especially considering the fact that they removed combat logs to "protect players from being elitist", when in fact, if they are raiding, we NEED to know how well our team members are doing and seeing how much DPS specs are REALLY doing, not just going by the stupid community whining.

That's if we build three stacks of HD and pop CD/adrenal/relic. You are not taking into account that sorc can cast one then cast another back to back. The damage is different and the set up is different. Sorc gets way more control. Why not use it to set up back to back FL instead of crying about tankassins FL that takes several globals to set up properly and can be interrupted with CC or knockback or pull. People need to learn how to play better instead of crying nerf this and that. Show me 1 good player that rolls people of any class and I will show you 20 o the same class/spec that suck. It's the player. Just a couple weeks everyone was saying how gimp darkness was. Now it is all of a sudden OP when nothing has changed.

Um no... the reason is because we have far more armor than they do so trading the identical spell, even with only 1 stack of HD (to avoid interrupt/pushback), is always greatly in favor of the Assassin.

I think 300k damage 100k protection 75k healing is nuts. We should be able to do the protection and healing but the damage i can put out is nuts. I can get FL with 3 stacks of HD do 6k damage followed by 4k chain shock with popping cool downs and trinkets.

Yes a change that would make sense is making our tanking stats worth wile in PVP. Right now it only makes sense to use dps gear.

Perhaps, but how much time did it take to get that 300k damage? If assassin tanks in pvp are racking up those kind of numbers is it because they are dealing masive damage over a short period (high dps) or low damage over a larger number of targets and/or longer amount of time (low dps)?

Character A does 10k damage over 10 seconds and dies = 1k dps.

Character B does 20k dmage over 40 seconds and dies = 500 dps.

Character B did "more damage" only because it took them 4x as much time to get killed as character A. If this is the basic cause of a tank seeing high damage numbers, then it really isn't a problem is it?

I love playing a deception assassin but right now darkness is so OP compared to it. No I can't burn down a healer but in my stalker gear with dark charge I can take anyone, any class. I do plenty of dmg and with relic, recklessness, and adrenal I can make short work of people...usually all while force shroud is up making me immune to most attacks. I'm for a darkness nerf but there needs to be a deception buff b/c right now deception is way too squishy. There really is no downside to going darkness other than it's a little boring...not near as bad as tracer missle spamming but it's pretty easy to play.

darkness is a great tree at this time. its strong enough to take people on 1v1, at this time there are still couple of classes that give me trouble. certain healers BH & marauders.

marauders 1v1 will usually burn me down pretty quick. not complaining.

i originally played deception and it was great leveling, but when it came to pvp jeez that build is useless. there is no deception assn that can beat a darkness of the same gear / skill lvl. there just is no way. we have 40-43% dmg reduction. absorb & shield if need to.

nerfing darkness would make me cry a little.

fyi my assn is valor 64 at this time and i have a bit of BM gear.

Edited by toshman

Yeah, I'm also BM lvl 64. There's a good decep bm lvl 68 assassin on my server and I just LOL when he opens on me. I haven't had any issues with marauders recently...i did a lot of marauder duels to figure out their mechanics outside of wzs b/c they always have healers or help... they still give me problems but I can take them in a 1v1 most of the time...just save electrocute for there cooldowns and forceshroud after their first rotation...they get pretty easy.

I would really like to play deception but it's really not viable at this point when I can get more dmg done (b/c I stay alive) in warzones, more healing, more protection, more utility...darkness at this point is the only PVP build that encompasses everything. Sure deception can burn down a sorc healer (if guard isn't up) but isn't going to kill a merc healer (if he's got half a brain) and same with Madness the other trees at this point aren't geared for PVP near as well as darkness and that's a little sad to me.

nerfing darkness would make me cry a little.

If you read further in the interviews you would have noticed that their attention isn't to just limiting tank damage but to making tanks more tank-like too. If you are playing a tank to dps down things you hold onto improper expectations.

I haven't heard confirmation of changes to tank design in general but one angle to make sure they wear tank gear is the emphasis on Accuracy and some re-itemization in 1.2. Pure dps classes will likely hit harder through mitigated damage skills where shielding will be needed. The game currently has too much non-mitigated damage scaling flying about and everyone simply gearing toward it.

I have no flipping idea if Bioware's tweaks will truly change things but it certainly sounds like tanks are to become more tanky and less spanky. This will only annoy the players playing a tank as a dps class.

It's not the guys fault that you have extremely bad , terrible, horrible gear apparently.

Because by the way, even with that horrendous gear you must posess, I must tell you that you are probably exagerating. Nevertheless, you should gear up.