This game gives players too many reasons to complain.

thestackshow

Bioware, Im starting to question your developers.

1) Crappy engine. Why did you guys use an engine that was made for a MMO that failed to even launch and was cancelled after 2 months in development. Why didnt you build your own engine like Blizzard did to make WoW? Learn from the most successful MMO of all time. You guys obviously didnt learn from others success.

2) The SWTOR End game, is a carbon copy of WoW's endgame with less things to do, nothing new, and a whole LIST of problems. All of us played WoW, we wanted something different, not more of the same with only "slightly better" graphics.

3) Ability Delay, your developers worked on this game for 5+ years and for some reason failed to acknowlege this horrible problem and fix it within that time? I think you knew this was a problem, but failed to do anything about it, why you waited is beyond me. Horrible decision that has and will cause a loss of subscriptions, something you could have dealt with BEFORE the game launched, but chose not to, hope the loss of $$$ makes you realize this mistake.

4) Zero World PvP, my server had a 2 hour queue to log in every night when I leveled, I ran into 3 players of the opposing faction from levels 1-50. Three. Your game has no world pvp. Something so many people wished it had and thought it would.

5) Bugs, I have never, EVER, played a game that had as many bugs as this game.

6) Performance. Lets be honest, the games graphics are mediocre at best, and slightly above WoW. Yet so many people are having performance problems running this game, espeically in Warzones. WoW was successful because their engine was made to compliment hundreds of players in one space and large scale PvP.

7) No interaction with the opposing faction. Does the republic even exist? I never see them, we cant raid their cities, we cant go to any of their planets, we cant interact with them unless we queue up for two instances warzones.

8) Everything is small-scale. The planets are huge, but nothing else is. The games engine cant handle hunderds of people on the screen at once, so kiss raiding cities goodbye, and you will NEVER see a 40v40 warzone like AV in WoW.

9) Lack of player immersion. The game feels like once you hit 50, you beat the game and there is nothing else to do. Sure you can log in and raid once a week, sure you can queue up for Huttball, but is this really worth $15 a month?

10) Lack of polish. Quite frankly, the game feels extremely unfinished and rushed, it lacks pretty much any feature of newer MMO's, feels old, and makes you feel like your a beta tester.

11) Legacy system is a complete and utter embarassment to your company. You literally implemented a legacy system, it tells you "you have gained a legacy level" but it does absolutely nothing. What an embarassment Bioware. Why even implement this if it has nothing to offer? It just makes your game look rushed.

12) This list can go on forever, the point is, BW, you gave us so many things to complain about. Why didnt you just try to please us and make us happy with your product instead of leaving us dissapointed.

Edited by thestackshow

Yes to all 12 points.

Oh and let's not forget that the legacy system is rumored to effect character creation so you're currently discouraged from rolling an alt.

If its just some more hairstyles I don't care but what if its not. WHAT IF ITS NOT?

Enjoyed the story on my sith warrior up until level 42. Then I just couldn't handle some of the things you mentioned any longer during the normal questing. It got too frustrating.

It's really sad they couldn't do better with the amount of resources they had available.

Edited by Astron_

yep and if it was a single player game called skyrim it would be game of the year

What? No.

If Skyrim had these graphics, this many bugs, this kind of combat responsiveness or anything else mentioned it would be getting panned.

Why TOR got good reviews is beyond me. I guess if you base a review on 1-30 then it will give you the illusion that SWTOR is actually a good game.

Hey all,

While we do appreciate and read feedback, both positive and negative, and do thank people for putting the effort into writing what they think, we do ask that said feedback is constructive and respectful. If you need some guidelines for doing so, we do have a post here via our Dev Tracker that explains it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

In addition there is a thread which has a compilation of feedback you may want to read and post your thoughts from this thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!