Hit Level 50... now what?

Yozbick

There's better gear in there. It's just not better enough for you is that what you're saying?

No. I just don't know. Is it a 2 point upgrade to one stat or a 10 point upgrade? Are they fun or do they feel like grinding and work? Just curious. I didn't get to see them in beta.

Edited by Yozbick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I already know it is not for me. And it is an excuse to defend a broken and useless endgame the worst I have ever seen ever. In any MMO.

Man, people don't care about this as much as you do, first of all. As far as I can tell, no one's "defending" anything, just responding to a situation that's been outlined by hundreds of people over the last few weeks on these forums. Some of us are looking forward to when the whining's going to end and these boards might have SOME constructive value (I know that's a stretch to expect from a forum but I can dream, dammit).

Edit: Not to mention, if you want to talk about worst end game in any MMO ever, I shudder to think of how hard you would have been raging if you had rushed to 60 in the first month of WoW's release. At least this game had SOMETHING when it came out.

Edited by ManuNegra

Man, people don't care about this as much as you do, first of all. As far as I can tell, no one's "defending" anything, just responding to a situation that's been outlined by hundreds of people over the last few weeks on these forums. Some of us are looking forward to when the whining's going to end and these boards might have SOME constructive value (I know that's a stretch to expect from a forum but I can dream, dammit).

I don't think I've whined. It's just that most of the things that were fun and useful pre-50 (e.g., crafting, buying/selling, space combat, quests, PVP, etc.) lose almost all their value once you hit 50.

From what I can see, the entire 50 game will revolve around Hardmode dungeons and Ops. Is that about right?

Edited by Yozbick

No. I just don't know. Is it a 2 point upgrade to one stat or a 10 point upgrade? Are they fun or do they feel like grinding and work? Just curious. I didn't get to see them in beta.

I enjoy them a lot. But i play with friends and i've always enjoyed doing instances with them in pretty much every game. So i'm curious you made this post about nothing to do but yet you haven't touched the bulk of this end game content, why?

For me an upgrade is an upgrade and even if it's not i don't play for an "i'm a special snowflake reward ribbon", I play to have fun.

I don't think I've whined. It's just that most of the things that were fun and useful pre-50 (e.g., crafting, buying/selling, space combat, quests, PVP, etc.) lose almost all their value once you hit 50.

From what I can see, the entire 50 game will revolve around Hardmode dungeons and Ops. Is that about right?

That's standard fair for most MMO's out there, with slight variations depending on certain games' pvp models and such

NO the march release already have a new planet coming out with new single player content as well as more raids, flashpoints and a new warzone.

They are also working on dynamic space events for end game and a change to the space missions. This is exciting!!!

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Hit Level 50 with my Powertech. He's 400 in Biochem and his other crafting skills (my four alts are all 400s in their skills at this point too). So, now what?

1) Crafting stinks...

Nothing really worth making that I don't already have except for the three purple Level 50 Biochem things. All of them require drops from dungeon bosses on Hard mode. Each is only marginally better than the purple Level 48 stuff and after next patch they will be useless in PVP (the PVP stims and medpacs are better).

2) Galactic Trade stinks...

I've got plenty of money, but there's nothing there worth buying at this point. I can't find a better blaster or better armor or better relics or better implants or a better earpiece than I already have. I keep checking, but the rare "upgrade" I see is like 100,000 credits for a 2 point increase in one stat (usually with a 2 point decrease in another).

3) Space Combat stinks...

Once you have the proper gear on your ship (I think I have all the Level 5 purple stuff now) all the space missions are a cakewalk. Moreoever, the high level ones are just the low level ones repeated, but with tougher ships. So once you get through the Pollith Minefield, you've seen everything.

Moreover, the rewards are worthless once you hit Level 50. There's only one thing worth getting... a Level 50 purple bag. It costs 375 commendations, which is several days worth of space missions. It gives a random level 50 purple (the one I received last, I could not even use).

4) Open PVP stinks...

I did the weekly quest in about 15 minutes this morning. Ilum is a joke. Usually the entire zone has about 2-8 people in it. The Pubs and us just stand there swapping control for the quests. We don't want to actually kill them or even fight them because we need them to flip the point to their control so we can take it back (and the same is true for them).

One guy tried to actually fight this morning and everyone yelled at him. And they were right to do so because he was screwing up the quests for everyone else. We NEED them to show up, live and succeed so we can get our quests done. There's comparatively little reward for actual PVP, and you're usually screwing someone else over if you do it.

5) PVP rewards stink...

PVP rewards are pretty horrible. I have grabbed two so far after doing the PVP weekly on back-to-back days (guess it resets Tuesday morning?). I had also saved a Champion bag and hoarded enough badges for two more when I hit Level 50.

One item was a clear upgrade -- the only clear upgrade pre-Battlemaster gear, which doesn't open til Valor 60. One was a marginal upgrade, which forced me to sacrifice a tiny bit in another area. None of the gear represents an upgrade, except that it gives Expertise.

Each piece of gear's Expertise represents about a 1.1% increase in damage/healing done and a 1.1% decrease in damage taken. It will add up over time in creating a PVP gear set, but it's going to take a lot of repeating those three warzones (or doing the quickie Ilum quests once per day and once per week). It's also going to require some decisions because a 1.1% increase/decrease may not offset the loss of certain stats -- at least not on the Powertech set.

5) The War Zones are getting old...

Huttball pops too much. All three can be bad if there's a pre-made or an especially bad PUG, but Huttball is the worst when it comes to that.

What else?

Are there any decent dungeons to do at Level 50? Do the Flashpoints offer good rewards? I will probably continue my class quest, just because, but is there anything else to do?

It was a lot of fun getting to 50, but I feel like I just beat KOTOR and there's nothing more to do. What am I missing?

I got one for you....go play another game. I heard Wow is looking for players as SWTOR stole them all.

Why do people need to express these view points...

Edit: Not to mention, if you want to talk about worst end game in any MMO ever, I shudder to think of how hard you would have been raging if you had rushed to 60 in the first month of WoW's release. At least this game had SOMETHING when it came out.

Yea running 15 man raids on LBRS and UBRS and Stratholme was end game till MC was patched in 2-3 months after the game released.

Do you have an answer?

I'm not complaining. I had fun. It was well worth it. But if this is all there is, then the game's pretty much done.

Yes. This is it. This was all we paid for. They will NEVER update, give new content, buff / nerf anything. This stays how it is. Really, it's truth !

I also have a Sniper, Operative, Scoundrel, Sith Assassin and a Marauder. All are in the teens, except for the Sniper who's in the upper-20s.

I think you will find that the classes are like the worlds -- largely reskinned versions of the same thing, with a few new variations tossed in (after the Powertech, I love the Sniper's four CC skills, for example).

Not as bad as the space missions though, which aren't event really reskinned. Just tougher versions that require tougher gear to make them identical to the lower level versions.

Sounds to me that you're playing this like a single player game. If you don't group up and make friends in an MMO it's never fun.