Heh, well, I guess I should give up PvP and switch to entry level raiding.

Loadsamunny

I had a rude awakening earlier tonight when I, a 55 Jedi Guardian Tankspec, ended up at the bottom of a Huttball board with a dismal 17k protection, 100k damage, and 5 medals. The sad thing is that I'm trying, I really am trying, to be decent at PvP, but I can't do it. I'm bad at skill rotations, I'm bad at fighting players that constantly zigzag, and it doesn't help that every warzone turns my game into a 5-FPS slideshow. It's only in Warzones that this seems to happen (my card is a Radeon HD 5570). I got called out by the Wrath of Xedrix players in that particular match, and while I was bitter about it and lashed out, they were right in the end. I don't belong in a warzone; I'm horrible at it.

So I think I'm just gonna bail from the PvP scene and try to get into entry-level operations, so I can at least get a feel for them when SoR comes out. Hopefully I can find a good Republic PvE guild that would be willing to take me in, help me gear up, and learn the strategies for most of the current operations.

Confessions of a fail warzone player. Sorry that I suck so badly if anyone happened to be queued with me today...

Edited by Loadsamunny

I had a rude awakening earlier tonight when I, a 55 Jedi Guardian Tankspec, ended up at the bottom of a Huttball board with a dismal 17k protection, 100k damage, and 5 medals. The sad thing is that I'm trying, I really am trying, to be decent at PvP, but I can't do it. I'm bad at skill rotations, I'm bad at fighting players that constantly zigzag, and it doesn't help that every warzone turns my game into a 5-FPS slideshow. It's only in Warzones that this seems to happen (my card is a Radeon HD 5570). I got called out by the Wrath of Xedrix players in that particular match, and while I was bitter about it and lashed out, they were right in the end. I don't belong in a warzone; I'm horrible at it.

So I think I'm just gonna bail from the PvP scene and try to get into entry-level operations, so I can at least get a feel for them when SoR comes out. Hopefully I can find a good Republic PvE guild that would be willing to take me in, help me gear up, and learn the strategies for most of the current operations.

Confessions of a fail warzone player. Sorry that I suck so badly if anyone happened to be queued with me today...

Out of curiosity , how many games did it take you to decide you were not right for PvP.?

Jolly is right about the FPS part, also you did 17k protection , I may sound like I am kidding but thats like double the protection most tanks do on this server . Normally I would be hateful and vicious cause thats part of my persona , although your post could be a troll post. Kudos for Trying , If you solve your framerate problem , try again.

As for tanking in PVE , if you can be half decent I am sure most guilds would take you.

if every warzone is a 5fps slideshow, then operations and flashpoints are going to be a 5fps slideshow too when there are a lot of effects going off. If your performance is that bad, you'll be having a slideshow just cruising around the fleet too. Not much you can do to fix that other than buying a new computer.

getting called out....people will call you out for anything in warzones, good or bad. You're paying a sub fee, so who cares what others say? If they're free-to-play calling you out as a sub, you should care even less. the same people calling you out will forget about you in a day and nobody will remember or care about the match or your performance or theirs. I can only really think of 1-2 people on this server who are well known and it's because they're notorious trolls.

If you dont behave like a notorious troll by insulting people all day long, then you'll be forgotten within a day or two, so you have nothing to worry about. In MMOs people come and go constantly. Nobody remembers the best players from 1.1 and in time nobody will remember the best players, mediocre players, or worst players from 2.10 either.

At the end of the day, it's a game, and your performance in the game won't determine whether or not you can pay your bills on time and make ends meet. So really, who cares?

Remember you can always turn off your chat if what others are saying is bothering you and play the game how you like (just don't just don't node guard if you turn off your chat box...for obvious reasons)

Just practice dueling some decent players in your guild a few times per day, once you get a decent card try pvp again, but maybe train in lowbie. To be fair, I am decent at pvp with my sage and shadow but totally blow with my guardian, but I am fine at pve with him. Why? Because the rotations are more necessary to success with him and it requires a bit of concentration and players are flying all over the place. How often can you successfully land a master strike in pvp? Never if you are playing against good players.

So, save your pennies, buy an Nvidia card, like this game runs silky smooth on my 560 TI, but I will soon be picking up a 970, they are fantastic.

Well I only hope that my game isn't going to crawl in Operations too. I HOPE that multiple players on screen isn't the cause. I used CTRL+SHIFT+F earlier and it was telling me my FPS in fleet was 15, and it was red.

In any case, it's certainly not good enough to play Warzones with, so I'm going to use them to get entry level gear for doing flashpoints, and slowly work on my PvE gear.

Well I only hope that my game isn't going to crawl in Operations too. I HOPE that multiple players on screen isn't the cause. I used CTRL+SHIFT+F earlier and it was telling me my FPS in fleet was 15, and it was red.

In any case, it's certainly not good enough to play Warzones with, so I'm going to use them to get entry level gear for doing flashpoints, and slowly work on my PvE gear.

You're using a card that was considered a budget card ~4 years ago,I would highly recommend upgrading your graphics card (assuming your motherboard is capable of it and you do not any other serious bottlenecks).

You might be amazed at how different the game looks/feels with a more modern card.

you are not bad, your vga card is bad, if you can please upgrade your vga card or maybe you can turn down the graphic setting to minimum to improve your frame rate

turn everything like effect and set the resolution to minimum ( yeah the graphic will be dull but at least you can play)

PVP is not intended for lag even a sec ! it is much much more high pace

Meh, sounds like you're new to pvp, don't need to slash wrists over it. Like the other guys said, your computer might be holding you back more than you think.

Other thing to maybe consider is going into warzones with a particular objective. For example, when you enter a warzone, pick out one of the healers on your team, put a guard and a marker on that healer and make it your objective for the entire warzone to keep that healer as safe as you can.

Not sure what your UI or keybinds are like, but you need to set those up to be as proficient as you can. Forget damage, you're a tank, have your target of target up somewhere at full size and in front of your face; someone targeting the healer you're guarding? Stun then, knock them back, taunt them, interrupt them. Your taunts (single and aoe) should be bound to easy to reach keys, as should your stuns, kb's and interrupt. Eventually, when you get good at guarding one person, bind your guard so you can recognise who is being targeted in your target of target and throw guard around to anyone who needs it.

For your huttball match, as example, throw your guard up on whoever has the ball and run with them, aoe taunt when the other team jumps them, stun, peel, knockback, get in front for a pass etc. Technically though, as a tank you should've been the one running the ball, not worrying about your damage or protection. If I walk out of a huttball (on my tank) with 0 dmg and 0 protection but I've scored 3-4 goals (or passed the ball onto someone else who has scored), then who gives a ****?

The WoX guys are usually nice, you must've really annoyed them! ;p

If the rest of your computer is that old, there's a chance it's a DDR2 platform, or a slow DDR3 platform. If it's a Phenom II, well, dropping it in a DDR3 motherboard isn't going to help very much.

I did a bit of an experiment. Putting a serious modern graphics card in one of those is going to give you a bad result, even if you have enough RAM for it. A serious modern graphics card in this game is going to require a modern CPU with serious single-thread performance for good results, which basically means an i5 or i7. Sorry AMD Piledriver users, this game only uses 2 of your cores.