Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VirtualMorrigan
07.11.2017 , 11:56 AM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by adayamothrawn View Post
Is it worth it to switch from lightning to corruption?
I'm very frustrated with lightning atm and was wondering whether corruption would be more viable for ops - even with the nerf!?
No. Sorcs are ****ed.

CARNAGE_FU
07.11.2017 , 12:44 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by adayamothrawn View Post
Is it worth it to switch from lightning to corruption?
I'm very frustrated with lightning atm and was wondering whether corruption would be more viable for ops - even with the nerf!?
No, a Kíloríslug on Korriban is more useful than a corruption inquisitor now.

HeBecTyJlKa
07.11.2017 , 08:43 PM | #473
Just keep in mind that in any Operation, you will be the healer with lesser HPS numbers (if you play at the same skill level as the other healer/s) and will be considered as "being carried" rather than "carrying the team" healing-wise If that's okay with you, reset to Corruption! Yeah, you might find some fun in playing the class nowadays.. let me know if you do!

Jake_Chambers
07.11.2017 , 08:53 PM | #474
Corruption was broken op and easy af to play since 3.0. The spec still has good instant burst and a host of other tools as well as being much easier to play than op or merc (kolto probes and heat management eek). Honestly... people need to suck it up. It was way too easy to get good numbers on a sorc and now the output matches effort put in imo
TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE
REVALIO
astor best egirlfriend

Elusive_Thing
07.13.2017 , 05:06 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by Jake_Chambers View Post
Corruption was broken op and easy af to play since 3.0. The spec still has good instant burst and a host of other tools as well as being much easier to play than op or merc (kolto probes and heat management eek). Honestly... people need to suck it up. It was way too easy to get good numbers on a sorc and now the output matches effort put in imo
Not to mention that all healing specs have the same target HPS, so it is very likely that the hammer is going to come down on the other two as well.

Chelz
07.15.2017 , 01:31 PM | #476
I can deal with the major force regen issue now. I could also deal with them taking away our Aoe's, what I can't deal with, and what makes the class useless now in PvE, is the major nerf to our burst healing. We don't have HOT's. We Can't AoE. What would you like us to do now? You can't take away everything and expect us to be viable in even an SM raid. At this point a comp could heal better.

In full 248's I feel like I am healing naked. I have a Scoundrel/ Op healer in 224's that are better healers at this point. I am going to have to raid with them, which I think is what they wanted us to do.

HeBecTyJlKa
07.15.2017 , 06:57 PM | #477
Well, it's too late now, what's done is done. Some people rerolled, others unsubbed, third are still sweating a lot to remain viable in end-game PvE..

It'll take months to gather solid data on the current performance and HPS meters and they would more likely nerf Mercs and Ops rather than buff Sorcs.. Just making the game less and less fun for ppl that enjoy healing

Elusive_Thing
07.16.2017 , 04:46 AM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by HeBecTyJlKa View Post
Well, it's too late now, what's done is done. Some people rerolled, others unsubbed, third are still sweating a lot to remain viable in end-game PvE..

It'll take months to gather solid data on the current performance and HPS meters and they would more likely nerf Mercs and Ops rather than buff Sorcs.. Just making the game less and less fun for ppl that enjoy healing
Nightmare raiding has certainly had a change in character after these adjustments. There's a marked difference in PvP performance as well, because Sorcs' raid healing now mostly consists of bubbling people. I can still make do in both PvE and PvP, but I constantly feel like I am getting carried quite hard. During raids it can be a little depressing to check Starparse's raid window.

AdjeYo
07.16.2017 , 11:38 AM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
In full 248's I feel like I am healing naked. I have a Scoundrel/ Op healer in 224's that are better healers at this point. I am going to have to raid with them, which I think is what they wanted us to do.
You are either lying about your operative (in that gear) healing more effectively than your sorc. Or you are very bad at sorc healing. Not trying to be mean, but sorcs are still certainly viable and in some ways more viable than operative healers still

Chelz
07.16.2017 , 11:50 AM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
You are either lying about your operative (in that gear) healing more effectively than your sorc. Or you are very bad at sorc healing. Not trying to be mean, but sorcs are still certainly viable and in some ways more viable than operative healers still
No they're not.