Transpose and PVE

xkcurtisx

Here in this thread i ll just shine light on some of my concerns regarding the new Vanguard / Power-tech ability and its usefulness.

Lets take a look at the ability it self

Transpose

Activitation: 1.50 seconds

Range: 5-30m

Swaps places with a group member and bestow a benign up on them for up to 6 seconds. Targets with a benign presence are ignored by most enemies, cannot be leapt to or pulled and are immune to interrupts and ability activation push-backs until they use an aggressive or healing ability. This ability is immune to activation push-backs and only works on other players.

So in short term this will swap you with your selected target implying that they are in range and do not move out of range while your 1.5s activation ability is channeling. They will additionally get and effect on them for 6 seconds, which will break if they heal or attack.

This ability was given to Vanguard / powertech tanks because Storm / jet charge is now baseline for all vanguards. Thus they additionally increased Hold the line / hydraulics to a 45 seconds cooldown. If you take the Iron will utility you can lower this to 35 seconds.

As a tank Vanguard the Utility Blitz ( Activating storm grants blitz, increasing movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds. The duration of blitz is refreshed if attacked while it is active) was previously baseline. Now if you want that you have to give something up to get it.

So in return for getting the new transpose skill we got a nerf to our Storm ability and a nerf to our Hold the line.

Lets see if it was an even trade or not.

Cons of the new skill:

- Activation time

- If hey move out of range while you are channeling the skill will break

- You do not reset or swap agro tables with your selected target up on use.

- You will cleave the raid if you use it (if you are the tank having agro)

- It cannot be used effectively for tanks swaps

Pros of the new skill:

- You can somewhat troll people

( I was thinking hard on this one but didnt find anything else)

My Conclusion: This ability cannot be used for PVE, and it also shouldn't be. For PVP there is an extent of usefulness to it. Trading most of our mobility for a skill that shouldn't be even on a toolbar is not worth it.

The new ability is useless, cant even troll with it because it cant be used on non group members.

I really want them to add a multi-harpoon / multi-grapple like companions have now in place of transpose: Pulls all targets in a cone in front of you to your location, and generates a high amount of threat. THAT would be a useful tanking ability.

If it could be used while moving then it would be a lot better and be on par with its Guardian Leap counterpart, its more of a tool to help you move around and pick up adds. All Tanks now have 2 gap closers they can use.

Well, this would give Vanguards/Powertechs 3 Gap Closers sorta. IMO, Transpose is useless. Now, I have not tried it in PvP, because I haven't gotten the chance to get even a full ranked DPS set for my PT yet because of all the morons in PvP...

If we got one of these three things.

Multi-Grapple

New DCD

New Attack

We would be golden. Now as for the new DCD?

Shield Overcharge

CD: 120s

Channel Time 3.5s

Overloads your Shield Generator to create a nearly impenetrable defensive field around you, reducing all damage taken by 75%. You can move while this skill is channeling.

THAT would be useful for Tanking!

New Attack?

Passive - Flammable Oil/Ionized Gas

When Firestorm/Ion Storm is used inside Oil Slick/Riot Gas you ignite/ionize the area dealing 10k over the duration of Oil Slick/Riot Gas, In addition Oil Slick/Riot Gas is now off the global cooldown.

We have wanted this for years, and it would make so much sense, just add it!

Well, this would give Vanguards/Powertechs 3 Gap Closers sorta. IMO, Transpose is useless. Now, I have not tried it in PvP, because I haven't gotten the chance to get even a full ranked DPS set for my PT yet because of all the morons in PvP...

If we got one of these three things.

Multi-Grapple

New DCD

New Attack

We would be golden. Now as for the new DCD?

Shield Overcharge

CD: 120s

Channel Time 3.5s

Overloads your Shield Generator to create a nearly impenetrable defensive field around you, reducing all damage taken by 75%. You can move while this skill is channeling.

THAT would be useful for Tanking!

New Attack?

Passive - Flammable Oil/Ionized Gas

When Firestorm/Ion Storm is used inside Oil Slick/Riot Gas you ignite/ionize the area dealing 10k over the duration of Oil Slick/Riot Gas, In addition Oil Slick/Riot Gas is now off the global cooldown.

We have wanted this for years, and it would make so much sense, just add it!

I love your idea here, this would be extremely useful. omg, when I tank bestia, I need this. I can't tank the boss and 3 dread monsters and 3 Larva.

Any of those ideas would be a good replacement. Particularly partial to Multi Grapple myself. Would make life so much easier with packs of trash mobs.

Yeah ok. But if it worked on players it would be incredibly obnoxious especially since PT has an AOE stun.

Sure it would whitebar a bunch of players but you've just clumped then stunned them all for aoe or spread.

Or flat out skip a stun and team up for a cluster knockback.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can use it for:

- Dread Master Caphayus NiM: When transposing holocron carrier you will effectively 1) get him 25 meters further which is nice in 1 GCD and 2) break the chainer immobilization (which will actually make the add disappear).

- Cartel Warlords NiM: transposing a stabbed person will act as a cc breaker if that person does not have one ready. Although the piece of information will have to be relayed quickly cos the 1.5 second cast there will be as long as eternity.

You can use it for:

- Dread Master Caphayus NiM: When transposing holocron carrier you will effectively 1) get him 25 meters further which is nice in 1 GCD and 2) break the chainer immobilization (which will actually make the add disappear).

- Cartel Warlords NiM: transposing a stabbed person will act as a cc breaker if that person does not have one ready. Although the piece of information will have to be relayed quickly cos the 1.5 second cast there will be as long as eternity.

Cally: why would you be tranposing when u should be the one running it with 45% HTL movement speed. Why do u need to transpose anyone there in the first place? (dps horrible if add dont die in time)

Cartel Warlords: First off everyone has 1 cc breaker and a bunch of DCDs, thats a healer check you will only resort to cheap tricks like that if the healers are bad. On a side note you pointed out the channel time which i agree with in this scenario.

And to finish it off: you pinpointed 2 bosses out of the 56 in game. Such usefulness.

Edited by Xcurtx

I agree with your statement.

For Calphayus,it's just a matter of how you see the boss. IF you want to kill the add properly, sure. If you dont want to, just make him disappear in 1 GCD. It's just cheesing the mechanics. But then again, if you take sin tanks and go vanish->rocket boost, I guess you are too. Imho it's just fun to do it that way (cos this skill is so troll-ish in its nature, it's cool to see it's at least usable SOMEwhere).

I agree with your statement.

For Calphayus,it's just a matter of how you see the boss. IF you want to kill the add properly, sure. If you dont want to, just make him disappear in 1 GCD. It's just cheesing the mechanics. But then again, if you take sin tanks and go vanish->rocket boost, I guess you are too. Imho it's just fun to do it that way (cos this skill is so troll-ish in its nature, it's cool to see it's at least usable SOMEwhere).

Also if you look at what shadows and guardians got the whining is just.

Never got anything useful from finding a use for ability. Instead, I'm looking at what mechanics fight provides and try find out better way of completing them (reducing pressure on healers/dps, minimizing damage or, best scenario, completely deleting mechanics from encounter). And when it comes to Transpose... well, it just that all the time, for every mechanic I find HO or Jet Charge or "swap to sin" a much better option.

Using it on person stabbed by Vilus seems interesting, but saving one healer that theoretically can get 2nd stabbing (and that would be the only single use per fight because cooldown) simply doesn't seem viable. Vilus is tankable while team kills Tuchuk, and burn after is too short, better bring a sin, because 30% stun dr. Then again, it's just so much more fun for tanks to kill Sunder last...

You can use it for:

i believed your stupid statement and tried transpose with my group today on cally. it doesn't work at all you can transpose but u ll still be rooted by the add. So scratch that off your list of usefulness.

So next time before you present a 'fact' check it if it actually works....

Kinda hard on me here.

IT WORKS, end of story. It is just the same as for vanishing crystal carriers, you have to wait for the add to pop and effectively root the guy then transpose him so that the add does not care. It's been at least 5 times now that I've downed the boss (guild or pug) and with 2 Pts tanks we always managed to make it work with the transpose.

Maybe there's another subtility that I missed, that we always do but didn't pay attention to (like waiting for the root or not) but I assure you, you can make it work. So don't blame it on me, and blame yourselves. Other thing I don't know about the boss: in 8 man, only one chainer pops, if in 16m 2 chainers pop then possibly it does not work idk.

Anyhow calling me stupid was kinda useless, question yourself before questioning others. If it does not work, you're doing it wrong.

Last time I did it was last Saturday, and it worked at the time. As far as I'm aware, no kind of patch was done in the meantime...

Edited by Deldra

I have dutifully tried...with little success...to employ Translocate in an useful manner. Straight up, the 1.5 second cast plus the requirement to be stationary for those 1.5 seconds makes a taunt and/or our rotation far more useful. There are certain situations where it can be tolerated, but I generally find that the person being translocated doesn't enjoy the experience...especially when they know I could have done something more conventional and effective.

In short, kill the long cast(no other class has such a thing) and the stationary requirement and it might be useful. As is, it's just a raid trolling tool during fights and a fun way to kill people during breaks.

It's a bummer, but it is what it is. I'm not holding my breath on a fix...

• 2 weeks later...
One of the tanks I raid with ended up using this move in a pretty amazing situation in HM 16m MB. Since we aren't using a shadow for ion cutter one of our VG tanks used transpose to swap places with a sage/sent when they had bomb to make it incredibly easy to get in to take ion cutter.