AMD Phenom = no fps?

AncherDK

My fps is extremely terrible.. So i asked my best friend google about it and found out that players with AMD Phenom CPU's have the worst FPS. Here's is how bad it is..

(this is not from my pc, but is just as horrible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuR8kwu5JSs

http://de.xfire.com/video/5393e3/#

All these guides on the internet is for weak graphic cards, so any guides for phenom CPU's? or is this just something we gotta wait for Bioware to handle?

Other Phenom users please confirm or disconfirm this fps issue.

SYSTEM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

4GB RAM

1920x1080 Resolution

Windows 7 64bit

30/5Mbit (Though im sure it has nothing to do with fps)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

High or low settings makes no difference. I been through all these Catalyst guides, and .ini guides. No difference at all.

Games such as Skyrim, APB Reloaded, BF3, runs perfect at highest settings.

Edited by AncherDK

Phenom II x4 955 @3.6, 4 gigs of ram, ati/amd 5770

No problems whatsoever, 80+ fps everywhere except fleet where i drop to 40s. Medium settings, no shadows no AA.

That youtube user has a crap pc, hate to tell you, processor @ 2.1 is bad for gaming and 4350 is not a card for gaming.

Edited by Ludstar

Looks like we have two heroes here considering even those with a quad core and a 6970 are having FPS issues.

I'm not a hero, my pc is not top of the line. I'm not expecting super graphics, i have medium settings and the game looks average.

Edited by Ludstar

What are the rest of your system stats?

I'm using a Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition, and I have no issues with my FPS. It's nothing to call home about I average around 45-55fps at 1080p.

For settings, the main thing I've done is use only "low quality" shadows. Everything else is pretty much maxed, VSync is off.

Edited by NaimiIflya

Looks like we have two heroes here considering even those with a quad core and a 6970 are having FPS issues.

I'm sure that there are people who are having trouble. I happen to be fortunate enough to not be one of them. Perhaps you'll notice that we didn't accuse the OP of lying about his issues or anything like that. We simply gave the information that the OP asked for. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. There's no need for you to be a dick about it.

Phenom II 940@ 3ghz.

4 gigs ram

SSD HD

GTX590 Vid card.

2560x1600 res.

Win 7.

Max settings. Though I don't pvp. Only graphics problem I get is when I set a destination in my ships computer, and turn around to head to the airlock. It's stuttery there. Which is weird since it's just the interior of the ship it's rendering.

I'm using a Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition, and I have no issues with my FPS.

---------------------

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

4GB RAM

1920x1080 Resolution

Windows 7

---------------------

High or low settings makes no difference. I been through all these Catalyst guides, and .ini guides. No difference at all.

Edited by AncherDK

I'm using a Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition, and I have no issues with my FPS. It's nothing to call home about I average around 45-55fps at 1080p.

For settings, the main thing I've done is use only "low quality" shadows. Everything else is pretty much maxed, VSync is off.

I'm about the same as you - also a Phenom II x4 955 and get that performance at stock settings (3.2).

edit:

1680x1050 (All graphics high/turned on)

HD Raedon 6850

4GB DDR2 Mushkin Blackline

Pushing a 4.0 ghz OC from my CPU also grants me an additional 15-20 fps on Fleet.

Edited by Songweaver

Not to hijack your thread but im having a terrible issue with my gpu over heating since today, for some unkown reason it used to sit around 75 to 82c in game with a 45 to 70fps (HD4890) now it rockets to 113c 30 to 40s after I come out of the cs screen. I thought it might of been buggerd so I ran furmark and it peaked out at about 91c and just sits there on that temp.

I ran BF3 and BFBC2 (all on high settings) and again only saw about the mid 70's to mid 80's temp wise, load swtor bam 113c + its even shut down from the temp safe guard. Anyone else having this issue at all?

955 BE, at stock was getting solid 80+ FPS in most places, ~35 in fleet and other dynamic spots.

Overclocking from 3.2 to 3.8 GHz made absolutely zero difference in my FPS.

FYI, 1920x1080

Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB

Everything on High and 2x AA forced in Catalyst

Edited by Ringzero

Not to hijack your thread but im having a terrible issue with my gpu over heating since today, for some unkown reason it used to sit around 75 to 82c in game with a 45 to 70fps (HD4890) now it rockets to 113c 30 to 40s after I come out of the cs screen. I thought it might of been buggerd so I ran furmark and it peaked out at about 91c and just sits there on that temp.

I ran BF3 and BFBC2 (all on high settings) and again only saw about the mid 70's to mid 80's temp wise, load swtor bam 113c + its even shut down from the temp safe guard. Anyone else having this issue at all?

Since the last patch 1.1 i've noticed that vsync isnt' working for me. It should lock my fps to 60 with my monitor but i get 80+ and 100+fps most times and that makes my card hotter than when vsync is on.

Edited by Ludstar

OP what video card drivers are you using? are you having problems everywhere or only in certain locations? is vsync on?

Well my FPS are fine in PvE combat zones, no lag but still i would think i had higher fps. But i have short freezes in Republic Fleet and constant fps under 10.

In WZ's i got about the same as in the youtube video.

I have installed different version video drivers, yet no difference. Right now im using Catalyst 12.1 and the newest video driver from AMD.

Vsync on or off, no change in fps :(

Edited by AncherDK

Since the last patch 1.1 i've noticed that vsync isnt' working for me. It should lock my fps to 60 with my monitor but i get 80+ and 100+fps most times and that makes my card hotter than when vsync is on.

I have indeed dont this mate sorry I should of said, today anything from 20 to about 48ish fps, I tried roll back on drivers trying the new CC driver from ati, mucked about with the settings in game and even turning the gamna down (this did actually drop the temp by 2 to 3c), but nothing seems to drop it to what it was.

Im affraid to say this ended the game for me totaly today, as im not going to cook my card and mobo just to play the game.

---------------------

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

4GB RAM

1920x1080 Resolution

Windows 7

---------------------

I have pretty much the same spec, except 8Gb RAM and 2x GTX570s. I notice zero difference between settings and even disabling a card results in the same FPS. Awesome huh?

I do not have AMD Phenom myself, but from what I gathered, I do not think it is hardware related issue in your case.

Try checking the priority order in your operating system. Some people for unknown reason have SWToR in low priority setting by default - and when they switch the priority to high, the fps issues are gone.

I do not have AMD Phenom myself, but from what I gathered, I do not think it is hardware related issue in your case.

Try checking the priority order in your operating system. Some people for unknown reason have SWToR in low priority setting by default - and when they switch the priority to high, the fps issues are gone.

Will let you know in a second, thanks for the suggestion :)

Phenom II X4 945 - overclocked to 3.375ghz

Radeon HD 6850 - overclocked to 875/1150

display is 1920x1200

ZERO FPS issues.

All settings in UI graphics settings are HIGH except shadows, which is off.

Ingame AA is off because it is only 2x and SUCKS, so I have it at 8x in CCC.

I average about 70-110 FPS in the world (depending on size of 'room'; and 35-40 in fleet that sometimes drops to 25-30ish when tons of people are around.

I also have several tweaks to my client_settings.ini file which makes things look 100x better. LOD and lighting tweaks etc...

Edited by TitanJJ

It were on normal, its on high now, but i still have lag i fleet. :rod_mad_p: