8 hours of maintenance during day in Europe and prime time in Asia????

NinjaApacHe

So go ahead and suggest an alternative. That is, one where it is neither day nor primetime in America, Europe or Asia but still is 8 consecutive hours in length. Good luck.

There are two alternatives:

*Alter the rotation of Earth

*Call whoever it is that is in charge of timezones and tell them that there will only be one timezone from now on.

Edited by MidichIorian

So go ahead and suggest an alternative. That is, one where it is neither day nor primetime in America, Europe or Asia but still is 8 consecutive hours in length. Good luck.

Could vary the maintenance windows. So they are set at local time in the early hours of the morning for each of the different regions.

Now for a time I thought that all the servers were in the same place and so it made most sence to take them all down at once. But then Ping would be the same in each place but this isn't the case, I suspect the European Servers are in Ireland along with the CS centre. While the American are in Austin. We know individual servers can be brought down when they have a problem and while it may take more work it would be possible to bring the different server banks down at one time.

Though whether BW does this I suspect depends on how much they value their Non American Customers. The other option would be to have a 3 week rotating restart so it was in different people peek playing time each week. Once again that depends how much you deem the downtime in someones prime time to be undesirable. If its an inconvenience then there is no reason that you can't inconvenience different groups of players each week. If it would be deemed unacceptable to have down time in NA prime time then perhaps its also unacceptable to do it in others prime time.

I'm playing on test and its running 1.4. its not a problem to have logins for US,EU and Asia all with diffident patches.

It is when they promised a game without borders. What you want would require people being separating to different servers running different client versions, at least until everyone is caught up to latest version. Then a new patch comes out and cycle repeats itself all over again.

It is just so simple for Bioware to fix this. Make the APAC servers go down at 2am local time (9am PDT). Guess what? Everyone is happy.

The obvious complaint is that "You say that now, but lets see what happens when your servers are flooded and you cant login". REALLY!? Our server has between 50-70 people on fleet during prime time. Let them flood our servers. Let the tempest come.

Individual servers have been brought down in the past to fix various issues. Surely the 3 APAC servers could remain up while the rest of the servers patched, and the brought down later.

Honestly, looking at the way the game is set up: you can't have APAC maintenance at a different time. The client doesn't determine which server you are logging into until after the game has launched, as such multiple version would be a nightmare. If it was server driven that would work fine.

What I find slightly more concerning is that historically, 8 hour maintenance windows have been major patch releases. Usually the week following one of these major patch releases we have 1 or 2 emergency maintenance times also in APAC prime time. Typically one of them is on Thursday, a prime raiding night for many guilds.

I'm fine with weekly maintenance. I knew what we Aussies were getting into with this game and maintenance times. What really irks me is multiple maintenance periods in one week, all of which are in our prime time.

It is when they promised a game without borders. What you want would require people being separating to different servers running different client versions, at least until everyone is caught up to latest version. Then a new patch comes out and cycle repeats itself all over again.

The big games have separate downtimes and even separate websites for Europe, America and Asia.... :cool: