Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do people still play GSF actively?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do people still play GSF actively?

xXxNYROxXx
11.23.2020 , 11:27 AM | #1
Do a lot of people still play this mode actively?

phalczen
11.23.2020 , 12:31 PM | #2
It's definitely dependent on server and time of day, but it was popping throughout the weekend on Satele Shan enough for me to get the [WEEKLY] completed on two toons.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

MagikFingerz
11.26.2020 , 10:55 PM | #3
Depends on what you mean by "a lot".

On Darth Malgus it pops steadily throughout the day, though I don't think there's ever more than one match going concurrently. Pops stop around midnight CET.
75's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<75's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Th'raxxon Sniper - Drax'n | Mercenary - Laranxa

DarkTergon
11.27.2020 , 01:03 PM | #4
I don't play it myself, but from threads here, and people talking in game, it does seem to have a core following. And while it's not popping every minute, of every day, there does seem to be enough to keep the community going, and people to get their weeklies, plus some.
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!

kcirevamnalyd
12.02.2020 , 09:22 PM | #5
I've been playing it for a few weeks* - to get Conquest points, I'm not any good at it and my teams have more than likely been mad at me and possibly ignored me. But yes, I do play GSF.

* Couldn't play it on my old computer, got a new one for an early Christmas gift from my son about 6 weeks ago, so I have been trying out the content I was unable to play the past few years.
Spoiler

Refer a Friend http://www.swtor.com/r/qxyjyG
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

Toraak
12.03.2020 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kcirevamnalyd View Post
I've been playing it for a few weeks* - to get Conquest points, I'm not any good at it and my teams have more than likely been mad at me and possibly ignored me. But yes, I do play GSF.

* Couldn't play it on my old computer, got a new one for an early Christmas gift from my son about 6 weeks ago, so I have been trying out the content I was unable to play the past few years.
If you haven't done it already. Try the tutorial (it's bad, but will teach the basic controls), and do a search for Despon's GSF school Video's. He has some really good ones for beginner pilots.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

kcirevamnalyd
12.03.2020 , 05:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
If you haven't done it already. Try the tutorial (it's bad, but will teach the basic controls), and do a search for Despon's GSF school Video's. He has some really good ones for beginner pilots.
Thanks for the info. I did the tutorial way back at GSF launch, but that was awhile ago, I'll have to try it again.
I will take a look at some videos, may get me to the point I don't feel so out of place.
Spoiler

Refer a Friend http://www.swtor.com/r/qxyjyG
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

Ttoilleekul
12.16.2020 , 05:21 AM | #8
Yes. GSF has more of a core following compared to Ground PVP, but yes plenty of people still play it. On certain days (usually Fridays to Sundays and Tuesdays when it resets) you can see double matches at peak hours. But usually its one match ends before the next starts. Holla if you want any help getting to grips with it.
-Luc Nodaro