Hugs and kisses for kotfe?

Aeristash

For me, the most disappointing thing about the original companion romances is that once they play out to their conclusion and the sweet mails are forcibly deleted, there is nothing to remind you that they ever happened. x months later when you're walking around with your lover and they still won't give the slightest inkling that you were ever together, It gives off the somewhat depressing vibe that the romance happened in an illegitimate alternate bubble reality. What I'd like to see happen for romances in kotfe is:

• Special summon barks for romances like 'Honey, you called?' and 'I'm here for you'.

• Looped Kiss/hug animations activated by the wheel, like in dragon age.

• Lounge scenes like in me2. i.e: if you ask your romance to hang out, a scene could show you both having a drink together in the lounge area, or the pc stroking their lovers hair, bald head or lekku while snuggling on the bed (clothed).

• Also if possible, a picture of your romance to go on the wall of your study.

With things like that, it won't feel as if you're in a one sided estranged relationship. :o

Edited by Aeristash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the most disappointing thing about the original companion romances is that once they play out to their conclusion and the sweet mails are forcibly deleted, there is nothing to remind you that they ever happened. x months later when you're walking around with your lover and they still won't give the slightest inkling that you were ever together, It gives off the somewhat depressing vibe that the romance happened in an illegitimate alternate bubble reality. What I'd like to see happen for romances in kotfe is:

• Special summon barks for romances like 'Honey, you called?' and 'I'm here for you'.

• Looped Kiss/hug animations activated by the wheel, like in dragon age.

• Lounge scenes like in me2. i.e: if you ask your romance to hang out, a scene could show you both having a drink together in the lounge area, or the pc stroking their lovers hair, bald head or lekku while snuggling on the bed (clothed).

• Also if possible, a picture of your romance to go on the wall of your study.

With things like that, it won't feel as if you're in a one sided estranged relationship. :o

Some more occasional fade to blacks would be nice. I married for love, so it'd be nice to have abilities to show it. Well, not details, but still 'hey pookie, *SMOOCH* *fades to black* Ah, that's what I'm talking about' or something.

Agreed. I enjoyed the continuous interaction in DA, but given how they took "repeat" interaction away between 1 and 2 i doubt it will happen, apparently bioware thinks the "married people dont talk/do it anymore once they are married" trope is real... :(

Cmon Bioware, even Fable let you go back and spend time with your spouse :p (or spouses if you had more than one :D) (and you gave the repeat kisses back in DA:I)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Agreed - there ought to be something like a repeatable kiss/hug/whatever. additionally, I've always said that some romance-specific banter or combat shouts would be nice (like if you're married, maybe your spouse could at least sound worried when you're shot during a fight).

This is all "original story" stuff. None of that is ever going to be changed. Might as well ask for Wookiees as a player race.

Please reread the thread title and reconsider today's dose of vitriol. This is about KotFE, not the original story. You remember, that expansion where they are changing companion interactions and adding more companion story?

Alternately, you could take your bitter and ultimately useless attitude to a thread that actually deserves it instead of deliberately misinterpreting both the scope of the expansion and the OP's post.

Back on topic: This would be awesome. It reminds me of the lovely glitch you could use to get endless kisses from Zevran! :D

Please reread the thread title and reconsider today's dose of vitriol. This is about KotFE, not the original story. You remember, that expansion where they are changing companion interactions and adding more companion story?

So this is only about the romances that might take place in KotFE with members of your Alliance, not with your character's original romance partner once KotFE hits? If so, then yeah, I misunderstood.

In any event. whatever decisions have been made have been made. Too late to change it now. Is this thread an actual suggestion, or just idle musing?

snuggling on the bed (clothed).

Well, hey, we already know the SI wears armour in bed. :eek: :eek: :eek:

When you arrive on Tatooine, I think it was, you get a sleep-time visit from the ghost of Kallig, and your character is shown in her (mine was a her, anyway) armour on the bed, getting up to see what is going on.

They should do it like in Dragon Age Origins, you went through all the romance conversations, and after you're done with them, if you talk again with your companion they will actually treat you as a lover, you can choose to kiss, or go to "bed" and get a fade out, or another romantic comment.

In case you haven't followed the news about KOTFE, all the old companions are basically gone and will get re-introduced at some time in the storyline.

While you can still access them somehow (to quest with outside of KotFE), there won't be any more story with them until they re-appear in the KotFE storyline (where presumably everyone can interact with them).

Agreed. I enjoyed the continuous interaction in DA, but given how they took "repeat" interaction away between 1 and 2 i doubt it will happen, apparently bioware thinks the "married people dont talk/do it anymore once they are married" trope is real... :(

Cmon Bioware, even Fable let you go back and spend time with your spouse :p (or spouses if you had more than one :D) (and you gave the repeat kisses back in DA:I)

They clearly can't make up their minds! :p

But, yes. /signed

It'd be a nice feature to have for sure!

So this is only about the romances that might take place in KotFE with members of your Alliance, not with your character's original romance partner once KotFE hits? If so, then yeah, I misunderstood.

In any event. whatever decisions have been made have been made. Too late to change it now. Is this thread an actual suggestion, or just idle musing?

Might?

Bioware said at comicon that not only would we be able to "get hitched" with our new companion love interest, but old ones would confront us if we cheated and we'd have to choose one way or the other who we want to be with.

I take that as a pretty strong 99.9% indicator that old cinders can be stoked and if no other companions make it into kotfe, our romance lovers should be assured to. And if they come back, why not come back with some special lover only interactions and memorabilia? Sure maybe it's too late to change anything in kotfe as it is now, but the expansion won't stop at just these first 9 chapters. The devs said in the august stream that they were going to release the 9 chapters, take a break through the Christmas holiday & come back to release more expansion chapters. so there is always the possibility they could patch in new content in one of the new unknown chapters. :)

Edited by Aeristash

I, for one, am definitely for this or at least as much of this as we can get.

Hell I'd even take just a couple lines by each LI when you click on them that changes to something about you two actually being together rather than the canned "I'm here" "isn't there a galaxy to save or something?" remarks. Even just that would make me happy.

They should do it like in Dragon Age Origins, you went through all the romance conversations, and after you're done with them, if you talk again with your companion they will actually treat you as a lover, you can choose to kiss, or go to "bed" and get a fade out, or another romantic comment.

I completely agree. Imo, bioware was on the money in regards to companion post romance interactions with Da1 & me2. It's common practice that when people enter a relationship and especially a marriage, they tend to be more loving & tender with each other. That's not to say that the more in-depth one time cut scenes aren't nice, but they only happen once and go from a happy memory to a bitter reflection of a better past once one goes a time without getting anymore. The nod in the intro cutscene at our romances in sor was nice, but that was like getting a few droplets of water flicked in the face, after walking days in the hot barren desert. Need more. :p

Edited by Aeristash

Signed

It bothers me greatly, Made me forget I got the characters married when the standard lnes is used and nothing changes.

Yeah, once we reacquire our original crew/spouses (not the new ones, but the original ones, cause grabbing them from the terminal doesn't count, I'm talking FROM Kotfe, whatever chapter(s) it'll be) it would be nice if I click on Quinn he says 'my love' instead of 'my lord'. Yes, Quinn, I know we're out in public, but you know damn good and well I prefer 'my love' to 'my lord' even in public! :p

Or Corso to call me something else besides Captain. Didn't I marry us on the bridge of my ship? Hey Doc, you snuck that droid on board to marry us, stop calling me your Jedi Friend.

Agreed - there ought to be something like a repeatable kiss/hug/whatever. additionally, I've always said that some romance-specific banter or combat shouts would be nice (like if you're married, maybe your spouse could at least sound worried when you're shot during a fight).

This I like. Sure they're healing you, or you heal yourself, but a *GASP!* Pookie! would be nice.

Yeah, once we reacquire our original crew/spouses (not the new ones, but the original ones, cause grabbing them from the terminal doesn't count, I'm talking FROM Kotfe, whatever chapter(s) it'll be) it would be nice if I click on Quinn he says 'my love' instead of 'my lord'. Yes, Quinn, I know we're out in public, but you know damn good and well I prefer 'my love' to 'my lord' even in public! :p

Or Corso to call me something else besides Captain. Didn't I marry us on the bridge of my ship? Hey Doc, you snuck that droid on board to marry us, stop calling me your Jedi Friend.

All of that pales into insignificance compared to the French localisation, where you initially talk to your future lover as "vous" (reasonable enough, you've only just met), and then you continue to do so even once you are married. In the real world, the two of you would, at least in private, be calling each other "tu" for some time before getting in the sack together. (OK, we know there's some issues with that theory when talking about the male IA and Kaliyo, given the speed at which things develop between them, but one of the "companion appears" lines that she says is "Toi et moi, agent"... ("you and me, agent").)

I literally forgot if my sentinel married Kira or didn't :/

I still can't remember and have no way of knowing. It was the first character I leveled to 50 back at launch and ...I... Don't remember what I had him do.

It's not like there's anybody I can ask either :rolleyes: