GF sucks!!

First of all let's not overgeneralize things, there has been a good number of instances when GF for HM LI has matched me up with adequately + over geared people with decent knowledge. But this does indeed happen from time to time you get your random 13-14k hp'd guy thinking he can do it all.

The only solution I can think of is to apply a minimum gear requirement for the encounter to at least weed out the 13k-14k hp'd lot.

Is it just me or is it increasingly becoming a major pain to find any proper party for LI hm via GF? Lately I seem to only been tossed into parties that are either a) completely undergeared or b) got no clue about the game mechanics or c) both. ***???

Thought this was gonna be a thread about your bragging about how awesome your girlfriend is. ;p

No comment on your post though, as a healer for the most part I can pop all cds and heal through it like a bawse, obviously there are many unavoidable mechanics though, and I am overgeared for LI.

Thought this was gonna be a thread about your bragging about how awesome your girlfriend is. ;p

No comment on your post though, as a healer for the most part I can pop all cds and heal through it like a bawse, obviously there are many unavoidable mechanics though, and I am overgeared for LI.

indeed, I was ready to type 'I would be worried if she didn't' or 'I know, she is the best'

back from 12 yo humour.

it's not group finder who sucks, it's people who sucks. no gear checks gonna help there. Hell, I want to take my fresh L 50 sniper friend in recruit gear, since he is a good player..

Make something idiot proof, and some one else will make a bigger idiot.

Hahaha Yes, she literally sucks pretty well too..

I thought the other way I thought it was going to be a girlfriend bashing thread.

Yeah, unfortunate acronym for group finder, lol. Reading on the fleet "GF screwed me over again" or "GF always puts me in rol I'm not" makes me smile everytime.

The only real problem with group finder is random jerks. That's the only thing it can make a FP unpleasant for me.

People who don't know the instance can be taught and they can learn. And these Tier 1 FPs have been nerfed enough that I've never been with a group so undergeared that we couldn't manage it to beat it.

The "worst" in terms of gear was one with the tank and 1 dps in recruit gear, and the other dps in 40 someting purples, plus some blue implant. Sure, wasn't a faceroll but why should it be ?

Edited by wainot-keel

Yeah, it's not group finder's fault. Unfortunately you can't stop people who are undergeared or just have no clue from queuing and sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not so much. The first time I did LI HM via Group Finder I had a really poor group and we barely even started, the second time I was matched up with a fantastic group and we managed to finish it.

I think the major issue is that there is no guide to recommended gear or health in game. If it was not for my guild I would not know to stay away from certain things until i reach different HP levels. As a fresh 50 every daily was available for me and I didn't know that I would be under geared for T1 or T2. I had to manually turn those off in GF. (I think My health was around 11k when I hit 50) @ 14k I started to Run T1 and now at 15 and Half have not started running HM LI yet, as it was mentioned I was best of waiting until 16k or better.

At the very least in the GF if there is no gear check it should at least put a note T1 Hardmode Recommended HP level X or Higher.

Edited by Jedi_Slayer

Honestly just wish people would make it known from the start that they have never done it b4. This way you can plan accordingly.

By kicking them right away? :p

I will only do LI with friends. I don't mine healing my way through any other FP with 13K Tanks, but LI just isn't any fun doing that. Having random strangers yell at me for not healing them enough when they are standing in AOE or getting yelled at when they die after getting flung off the platform, just gets old.

Still not GF fault.

Edited by mikebevo

By kicking them right away? :p

I will only do LI with friends. I don't mine healing my way through any other FP with 13K Tanks, but LI just isn't any fun doing that. Having random strangers yell at me for not healing them enough when they are standing in AOE or getting yelled at when they die after getting flung off the platform, just gets old.

Still not GF fault.

Agreed. Did LI hm today and my healer buddy, just kicked every DPS that came in who had low hp. I somehow felt sorry for those guys, but eventually we had a proper group together and did it in like 30mins. Else this could takes ages.