Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stupidly Low Prices on the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills

AlrikFassbauer
05.14.2018 , 01:48 PM | #31
Thread title :

Quote:
Player psychology :

"We are not wanting enough money for our items. No matter what it is. These guys tell us that we have to have HIGHER prices ! Higher and higher !

And, by the way, who wants to be stupid ?"

Thank you by putting more inflation into "the system" by making people believe with this thread title that charging low prices is stupid in general - and not exclusive to crafted items.

And thank you for telling everyone to be stupid if he or she is charging low prices even for the lowest Ord Mantell item.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Aeneas_Falco
05.14.2018 , 02:52 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by FormlessOne View Post
That's unpossible - why, I was told on another thread that folks are making hundreds of millions of credits by crafting just a few hours a week!

You must be mistaken.
Let me repost something I said earlier in this very thread:

"My daily credit goal is also relatively modest. 2-3 million per day is easily obtainable and doesn't require a lot of time investment. I also sometimes make quite a bit more than that if I devote more time to it or sell augments or 246 hilts or barrels."

I'm not hurting for credits particularly since I've now been crafting for years with that relatively modest daily credit goal, and I can afford to buy any item currently listed on the GTN. I was voicing a complaint at something that was a minor inconvenience for me (causing me to shift what I was selling) for what I perceived as little benefit for the other seller(s), not voicing a complaint about my daily income

People selling crafted items for far less than their actual worth ultimately does not affect my daily income, because those sellers aren't competing with me for every thing that I sell, and I have multiple crafters. I can always switch what I'm crafting to weather it. Where it inconveniences me isn't in income, it is in time investment. Sometimes the switch has to be accompanied by resource gathering or more time spent surfing the GTN to gauge the market for whatever I'm switching to.

Quote:
Player psychology :

"We are not wanting enough money for our items. No matter what it is. These guys tell us that we have to have HIGHER prices ! Higher and higher !

And, by the way, who wants to be stupid ?"

Thank you by putting more inflation into "the system" by making people believe with this thread title that charging low prices is stupid in general - and not exclusive to crafted items.

And thank you for telling everyone to be stupid if he or she is charging low prices even for the lowest Ord Mantell item.
The items I sell aren't at ridiculous prices. They are sold at rates that the majority of the time, result in a sale on the day that they are listed. Obviously these are considered fair prices, or I wouldn't be getting sales and would spend a lot of time relisting. Some of the items I sell are already at a substantial discount to from what other sellers list for (because my goal is a sale on the listed day for most items) while still being very profitable for me.

I will agree that I probably shouldn't have used the word stupid in the title. Maybe "bafflingly low prices" would have been a better way to phrase it. If a player is selling an item that for example can earn 50,000 credits on the day it is listed, for 10,000 credits (less than you earn completing a single quest), I have to wonder why they bother with that item? It just seems like a waste of their time at that point. Another issue that I don't believe I touched on is that these sellers will often list multiples far exceeding the actual demand for that item, regardless of prices. They may list 10 of that item all at 10,000, sell 4, and end up relisting 6 for example. (I've experimented with a few items to see if they were making more than me on those items by sheer volume...and they're not) Again, that just seems like a waste of time for me. Instead of crafting so many of one item that your own supply exceeds demand, it would be better to have some of your companions craft something else.

I'm not listing trash Ord Mantell drops for ridiculous prices. I've also by the way, given away plenty highly desired Cartel Market items (Satele Set, Tythonian Force Master Lightsaber, one of the Revan sets, ect) for FREE to players I knew would use it. I've also joined new guilds with alts just to donate all the decos I've purchased for FREE, to help people get started with their guild SHs or ships. I've been very generous with the credits I've earned and am not some Scrooge pinching his imaginary pennies.