FYI: Refer a friend - 3/4 items are useless! (returning player) (not directly a bug)

HottesIce

3 of 4 items from the Refer a friend for a returning player are useless.

Hi just dropping bye...

my name is HottesIce, and I wonder you make this advertisement in the SWToR-launcher, and generally I read about it everywhere (I'm here cause of it) however it seems a bit ridiculous :D that only 25% of the stuff is working see below or rather I was a little not believing:

Only usable:

- Extra 10 inventory slots

NOT Usable:

- Extra Crewmember slot...

- Extra Option: show char title

- Extra character appearance unify colors

(because they are already gotten from referred or what ever the reason is, I'm a returning player so I can't tell)

(so I'm sitting here with 3 "nice" rewards that I can't use..)

by the way, this is roughly translated

Small Info:

I fully bought this game in release and was subscribed if that is important = referred as already mentioned.

This is not meant to be unthankful - afterall you get a 6day prem and the person helping me gets shop points, but I might as well drop this information here incase / obviously you didn't notice it yet.

PS: also check out my signature for a bug from 8 years ago (2 things there, the back-then-missing-feature exists now), maybe.

Edited by HottesIce

Hi just dropping bye...

my name is HottesIce, and I wonder you make this advertisement in the SWToR-launcher, and generally I read about it everywhere (I'm here cause of it) however it seems a bit ridiculous :D that only 25% of the stuff is working see below or rather I was a little not believing:

Only usable:

- Extra 10 inventory slots

NOT Usable:

- Extra Crewmember slot...

- Extra Option: show char title

- Extra character appearance unify colors

(because they are already gotten from referred or what ever the reason is, I'm a returning player so I can't tell)

(so I'm sitting here with 3 "nice" rewards that I can't use..)

by the way, this is roughly translated

Small Info:

I fully bought this game in release and was subscribed if that is important = referred as already mentioned.

This is not meant to be unthankful - afterall you get a 6day prem and the person helping me gets shop points, but I might as well drop this information here incase / obviously you didn't notice it yet.

PS: also check out my signature for a bug from 8 years ago (2 things there, the back-then-missing-feature exists now), maybe.

they become useful if your sub lapses or you go Prefferred , which is why a lot of people hold on to them

Hmmm. You may need to click mine so I can verify this...

j/k. I've already unlocked that before and can say that it was used when i was preferred for a bit- but preferred was so restrictive I really ended up just stopping for a while. They really need to revisit things like operations/wz passes or ability to raise credit restrictions since the game's inflation is so high.

Hmmm. You may need to click mine so I can verify this...

j/k. I've already unlocked that before and can say that it was used when i was preferred for a bit- but preferred was so restrictive I really ended up just stopping for a while. They really need to revisit things like operations/wz passes or ability to raise credit restrictions since the game's inflation is so high.

they definately need to bring back op/wz passes, I've never needed them myself, but have had pref guldies, who would have joined an op with us, but couldn't. As for the credits, preff should definately have more than free players, as it's a step up, no idea what a fair amount would be, enough to unlock one room of a stronghold at a time, the most expensive one. At least then they could unlock enough s/h's for cq, if they like that, Can't remember what the most expensive one is, probably about 5 million, but if I'm under, I'm sure someone would correct me. 5 Million would also be enough to unlock perks, etc. So I don't think it really needs to go above that. But i'm sure people will debate it, and the devs will ignore it, and whatever happens will happen :)

The whole thing is such an iffy construction, really.

New player acting out of ignorance and clicking link provided via somebody's signature etc is likely to have a real bad day when discovering how some people would have paid like 5-15 mils for their referral click.

Meanwhile, new players wanting that 5-15 million have a pretty good change to get scammed. Of course, new player getting scammed and new player just clicking profile link without knowing how valuable the click is both get equally raw end of the deal. Meanwhile, the other party gets nice big pile of free cc.

Just in case somebody new is lurking here:

In case you are or become a subscriber, the person whose referral code you click gets at least 500 cartel coins out of you. More if you stay subbed. That 500+ cartel coins can be turned into tens of millions of credits easily enough. That's why like half of the people here have referral link in their signature.That's why you find tons of people offering you 10-15 mils for your click in-game. Many of those people are scammers. Most are prolly legit though.

Edited by Stradlin

Hi just dropping bye...

I laughed at this right out the gates but I agree, another thing worth revisiting but probably won't be. It only took what, 6 years(?) for them to shake up their freemium model and its still inadequate because of other self inflicted wounds like removal of Ops/PvP Passes and restricting the endgame grind so much anyway.

-snip-

I agree with all of this.

Not every player who has used the link stays subbed, as such for them all 4 are useful. Anyone who has brought the unlocks or who remains subbed doesn't really get much I agree. However, as only a part-time sub I have benefited from using the links myself.

Not every player who has used the link stays subbed, as such for them all 4 are useful. Anyone who has brought the unlocks or who remains subbed doesn't really get much I agree. However, as only a part-time sub I have benefited from using the links myself.

Yes, this is true, I've seen it on my refer page, quite a lot click but don't sub, and these are very handy. I've done the same with my pref accounts on a number of occassions, to get the free week. The bundle was very useful to them.