Question about effectiveness of the Scoundrel.

Venamier

I did some research on the class but not being able to play it, I can't judge on facts alone. Should one use the scoundrel for a pure stealth and DPS class, would it been worth it? I am one who has always played stealth classes such as Spy in SWG, Rogue in WoW, Assassin in Aion. Will the stealth based Scoundrel even compare? (I fully understand this is a new game and am not trying to hold up any class to a class from another game. Merely wondering if it will be similar and even worth playing.)

You can also look at the Jedi Shadow. Stealth is very powerful against mobs.

I played both to around 20 or 25, but that's only enough to get the general idea. On both, you also get the option to be a healer type, if that's your thing.

Edited by Vuelhering

You can also look at the Jedi Shadow. Stealth is very powerful against mobs.

I played both to around 20 or 25, but that's only enough to get the general idea. On both, you also get the option to be a healer type, if that's your thing.

Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't thought about the force sensitive classes. I'll look at those skills as well. I was more wondering about how stealth classes will hold up in PvP. Will they be able to pop out of stealth, take down a target, and restealth without dying or remaining out in the open for to long?

Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't thought about the force sensitive classes. I'll look at those skills as well. I was more wondering about how stealth classes will hold up in PvP. Will they be able to pop out of stealth, take down a target, and restealth without dying or remaining out in the open for to long?

Yes, you can pop out of stealth and start bursting, but whether or not you kill your target without dying is entirely up to you and your target, not the classes. You have an in fight stealth on a lengthy cool down should you fail to kill them before help arrives.

SW:TOR is much paced than other current MMOs. Don't expect your fights to last less than 20 seconds unless your target is vastly inferior. (don't have accurate numbers since I'm neither DPS nor do much PvP)

Edited by ManaKeKz