If we were to get NiM Flashpoints...

Which ones would you like to see?

And what changes would you like?

What kind of loot would you like to drop?

Personally, I would like it to be hard enough to be about half way between HM SnV/TfB and NiM SnV/TfB, mainly cause I want a real challenge in flashpoints. Oh and making it that hard allows amazing drops from them.

Something like the following:

FLASHPOINTS

Taral V/Boarding Party

- Typical bosses drop 2 Elite Comms, 1 Verpine Gear

- Tight enrage timers on each boss that typically require at least an Arkanian set bonus to get past each boss

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Belt Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Legs Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry

- Tight enrage timers on each boss that typically require at least an Arkanian set bonus to get past each boss

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Bracers Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Helmet Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Additional note: Revan has a chance to drop his mask, though its an incredibly small chance (< 0.001%). Also Killran no longer drops loot, but the loot from him is found in a chest labeled "Revans Personal Belongings" just before the entrance (and the HK Loyalty chip is also found in this). <0.001% chance of revans mask being in this chest

The False Emperor

-This was added as an afterthought HK-47 has a small chance to drop a HK-51 customization that makes him look like HK-47 and increases the use of the term "Meatbag" in combat.

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Relic Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Chestpiece Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Kaon Under Siege

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Earpiece Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Offhand Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Lost Island

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Gloves Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Mainhand Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Czerka Corporate Labs

- No Bonus Boss

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Implant Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Czerka Core Meltdown

- No Bonus Boss

- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Boots Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Now I could go into more details, but thats what I'd do for now.

So Bioware, get onto these NiM FPs. Ops are getting real frustrating with the 1 week lockout, and HM flashpoints are way too easy now.

Oh and its harder than the HM Ops that drop underworld tokens due to a lack of a lockout

Edited by TACeMossie

Too easy to get token gear. Even IF you would get lock outs for these Flashpoints.. it would be too easy.

An idea would be that you could only do ONE NiM flashpoint a week. It wouldn't kill the PuG operation population. But even then..

I think NiM flashpoints would be more acceptable and reasonable if they dropped 1 piece of Verpine gear at the last boss with a chance (really like this idea), a small chance (0,2% to 2% based on rarity of item) at dropping a super super rare item. I think this would probably make the GF queue a litte less dead at the moment. So yes it is interesting and plenty of possibilities out there. Of course with my suggestion, no lock outs on NiM FP's or maybe like 15 Max a week or something. This would be a great opportunity to go treasure hunting in FP's and make them worth while even when over geared for them :)

Ok maybe the set bonus is a bit much to hope for, even though the proposed difficulty of the NiM FPs would almost have to keep up with NiM SnV/TfB, though at least some of the tokens should drop (e.g. Currently HM Meltdown's Vigilant will drop either an Arkanian Earpiece token or an Arkanian Implant token).

Or hell, even some Underworld Relics (instead of a token) from a specific list (the same ones you could have bought with comms if they let you buy better relics than arkanian) at least (No serendipitous assault/Fortunate Redoubt/New Kind of relics)

Edited by TACeMossie

Flashpoints is never going to become as hard as nightmare mode operations, I also believe that the next loot from flashpoints if made new ones that are harder then the current will be random Underworld gear, not tokens, not setbonus, just the crappy aver pine that drops from HM Ops.

However if you are looking for a challenge, drop the role play attitude and join a real PvE guild and start doing Nightmare mode Operations. I am both Dragonslayer (timed run s&v) and from Beyond (timed run tfb) and none are these are in any way easy. If you are looking for a challenge, stop dreaming about nightmare flashpoints, that will never happens, they won't waste resources on making new mechanics for flashpoints when they can develop operations instead.

Flashpoints is never going to become as hard as nightmare mode operations, I also believe that the next loot from flashpoints if made new ones that are harder then the current will be random Underworld gear, not tokens, not setbonus, just the crappy aver pine that drops from HM Ops.

However if you are looking for a challenge, drop the role play attitude and join a real PvE guild and start doing Nightmare mode Operations. I am both Dragonslayer (timed run s&v) and from Beyond (timed run tfb) and none are these are in any way easy. If you are looking for a challenge, stop dreaming about nightmare flashpoints, that will never happens, they won't waste resources on making new mechanics for flashpoints when they can develop operations instead.

Hey I still do all the ops. Granted I haven't done HM SnV yet or HM TfB, but there is the gear gap to consider for them... Almost got my set bonus then Ill start moving across to them.

Though Dread fortress/Dread palace is a lot more fun..

So, you're talking about nightmare FPs but haven't done at least the hardmode Ops? :D

The challenge as it is right now is okay. Storymodes for entry gear (tokens), Hard Mode for better gear and a bit of challenge and nightmare modes for the ultimate challenge. Besides, HM FPs for some commendation farm and time in between. No need to change that.

I think that before those are implemented, we need to look forward to the HM of red reaper and colicoid war games.

Oh I can imagine HM Colocoid: No turrets at the initial stage, environmental puzzle-like stage includes forcefields that insta kill you if you try to leap to droids, the Imps that you try to sabotage opening the gate and attacking you...

Hey I still do all the ops. Granted I haven't done HM SnV yet or HM TfB, but there is the gear gap to consider for them... Almost got my set bonus then Ill start moving across to them.

Though Dread fortress/Dread palace is a lot more fun..

Dude, if you haven't done S&V or TFB Hard Mode yet, you wouldn't stand a chance in Flashpoints got a Nightmare mode, manly because your gear would be so bad your group wouldn't be able to handle the DPS requirements nor the healing/tanking pressure. Get in these instead and I assure you that it will be a challenge, then if you still think it's easy mode go and test your luck in TFB/S&V Nightmare, when you have done all these modes and cleared them. I am alright with you coming back to the forums and ask for more challenging content, right now you feel more like someone that is running 55 HM FP and thinking they are they hardest content ingame lawl.

Also, regarding the "gear gap" that you are talking about, I am a member of the guild that got the world first on first three in S&V (and World 2nd on last four) and we did it mostly in 63 gear with some 66 and 69 pieces, so don't come here and say that the GEAR REQUIREMENTS are stopping you lawl.

Also, regarding the "gear gap" that you are talking about, I am a member of the guild that got the world first on first three in S&V (and World 2nd on last four) and we did it mostly in 63 gear with some 66 and 69 pieces, so don't come here and say that the GEAR REQUIREMENTS are stopping you lawl.

Ok maybe Im just worried that the healers are gonna suck... I do clear DF and DP every week though, and from what I've heard they are only a little bit easier than SnV/TFB HM (with all those glitches increasing difficulty at least)

And I want harder flashpoints cause they are easier to organise than ops, and FPs are way too easy now

Edited by TACeMossie

Ok maybe Im just worried that the healers are gonna suck... I do clear DF and DP every week though, and from what I've heard they are only a little bit easier than SnV/TFB HM (with all those glitches increasing difficulty at least)

And I want harder flashpoints cause they are easier to organise than ops, and FPs are way too easy now

Well players being bad is nothing that gear can do something about, the difference between 69 and 78 isn't that massive that it's going to protect you from countless wipes. Well If you are doing DF and DP Hardmode without problems then S&V/TFB HM shouldn't be any issue, I don't know which one is considered to be harder, but maybe DF/DP since devs commented that they are tuned for 72 gear and S&V/TFB HM are only tuned for 69 gear

Well of course flashpoints are easier to organize, they require no tactical knowledge to clear, the gear requirement is like average 66 at most and when it comes to players raid awareness there is almost no need at all. They are easy because they are supposed to prepare players for endgame Operations, you are not supposed to find a challenge in a flashpoint, unless your group members suck and you have to compensate.

Well of course flashpoints are easier to organize, they require no tactical knowledge to clear, the gear requirement is like average 66 at most and when it comes to players raid awareness there is almost no need at all. They are easy because they are supposed to prepare players for endgame Operations, you are not supposed to find a challenge in a flashpoint, unless your group members suck and you have to compensate.

Actually, I still have fond memories of HM Lost Island before it got nerfed in 2.0 That flashpoint required as much tactical knowledge as some of the more complex operations at the time, since with only 4 people in the group it was unlikely that you'd be able to outgear it. And if you had 2 melee DPS in your group, god help you. I remember the most fun I ever had in a flashpoint was the time I and some guildies got a queue pop for Lost Island with a healer in nothing but Tionese. We managed to complete it anyway since she was so good at her class.

So yeah, I'd enjoy seeing some more challenging Flashpoints just to break up the monotony.

Actually, I still have fond memories of HM Lost Island before it got nerfed in 2.0 That flashpoint required as much tactical knowledge as some of the more complex operations at the time, since with only 4 people in the group it was unlikely that you'd be able to outgear it. And if you had 2 melee DPS in your group, god help you. I remember the most fun I ever had in a flashpoint was the time I and some guildies got a queue pop for Lost Island with a healer in nothing but Tionese. We managed to complete it anyway since she was so good at her class.

So yeah, I'd enjoy seeing some more challenging Flashpoints just to break up the monotony.

Haha yea I guess, always played sniper/gunslinger since launch with one-two months before 2.0 with a marauder/sentinel, so once 1.2 hit with Denova and Lost Island, I never tested it with two melee DPS pre all the nerfs. But yea it totally agree, it was challenging and considering that it just was a flashpoint you didn't really take it seriously until you noticed that the tactics were p considerable, but once you got that down, rakghoul weekly was done every week.

I kind of see the point with nightmare mode, I have cleared all current content, done all title runs, Dragonslayer, from Beyond and were serverfirst back in Warstalker days so trust me, I want more content. But I rather see nightmare modes coming sooner then flashpoints with HM modes that is gonna make the forum wet with tears, nightmare mode operations is accepted. I mean even today as lvl 55 the bad players/guilds have problems doing Nightmare Denova, but tears on forum were low even back then, the bad players/guilds knows that they aren't even close to being able to handle it. But flashpoints is another issue, this is where the bad players/guilds reside and if Bioware would introduce harder flashpoint content. Tears will flow like back in Lost Island pre all nerfs or or even when the new flashpoints came out with lvl 55, the bad players are crying even now about how hard these FPs are, it's p funny reading.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Without going NiM FP, a very technical flashpoint (or two) with their own weeklies and category like LI was pre 2,0 would be fun.

You could then make it drop 72 earpiece/implant/belt/bracer at the last boss, or 69 mainhand/offhand.

And LI is now easy on the gear, but I've had groups wipes in it even post 2,0. Roughly, if the healer gets killed on the savrip early, you get boned, and you also get boned on Dr. Lorick if dps is lacking in the 2nd phase, if tank dont position him right, or if people stand in its satchel charges.

The droid became a pushover tough.

If Bioware would do another LI+Kaon duo again, which is highly unlikely, fights would massively be about tactics, moving and handling different mechanics at the same time as there were some kind of countdown so your DPS had to stay high. Drop would be one level below current BiS, that would mean a random Underworld chestpiece, back in the days it was rakata chest with setbonus from LI and columni head from Kaon, but I guess that would mean none setbonus underworld chest, ie. vergine and then arkanien also none setbonus from the other.

Bioware cannot throw underworld tokens or items like underworld relics/earpiece/implant to flashpoints you can just do over and over again, vergine is fine, those item are **** with to much crit and no setbonus, that is no problem.

Then they removed it with current flashpoints content that only drops none setbonus, no more tokens or any setbonus items, your point?

Just saying that it's not unheard of. Dscount's "no way in Hoth" comment seemed like he was saying that the mere suggestion that set bonus gear would drop from flashpoints was an affront to the very idea of the game. No need to get defensive :)

I agree that it's not a good idea, as set bonus pieces are only necessary for those doing high level operations. There really is no reason for them to drop there, when you can pug into any of the hundreds of story mode 16 man S&V or TFB runs being formed on fleet every day and get some arkanian if you want it that bad.

EDIT: As it stands now, I tend to somewhat use the presence of an Underworld set bonus (or higher) an indicator of said player's skill. If they haven't even completed enough of HM S&V or HM TFB to pick up a couple set pieces, I really wouldn't be too enthusiastic about inviting them to a PUG run. For instance, the other day, one of my guildies was in a DF 16 man PUG run for ultimate comms, wherein one of the tanks was quite proud and boastful that he was "full 78s" and they should "let me take care of the tanking". Well, he was full 78s, alright(save the mainhand hilt)... complete with accuracy and alacrity enhancements. He also couldn't pull off anything even closely resembling a rotation and the only time he kept aggro was when he fired off his taunts.

Edited by VoW_LugNut

I would like Nightmare mode FPs even if they had lockouts. I don't know how to work out gear, but honestly even if they just dropped vanity gear I'd be ok with it.

I would like:

Red Reaper. This is one of my favorite flashpoints. The fact that there's no HM is ridiculous.

Directive 7. Mentor in Nightmare would be awesome.

False Emperor. The final fight is epic and needs to be made relevant again.

Lost Island. Bring this one back!

The Vigilant dropped an Unassembled Arkanian Implant in SM once...

There's a high chance that SM Vigilant in the new CZ-198 flashpoint to drop an Arkanian Implant. It's happened on many many occasions. So the thought of not adding token drops to Flashpoint content can go out of the window now, it's already been done.

I'm all for NiM content for Flashpoint. Bring back Colicoid Wargames, Taral V and Maelstrom/Boarding Party and The Foundry, Red Reaper (please), Directive 7, Kaon, Lost Island, False Emperor, Battle of Ilum.

Make the gear rating recommended for the flashpoint be 69/72s, which would be in line for HM TFB/SnV, and make the bosses drop non-token 72 pieces with no set bonus on them.

Dude, if you haven't done S&V or TFB Hard Mode yet, you wouldn't stand a chance in Flashpoints got a Nightmare mode

I don't see why not.

"Hardmode" flashpoints seem to be roughly equivalent in raw difficulty to story mode operations, so nightmare flashpoints could be equivalent to hardmode ops.

The fact is, on my server at least but I suspect this is general, most of the people queuing for lvl 55 HM FPs outgear them significantly, making the whole experience a faceroll.

Flashpoints require a lot less organization and time commitment than operations, that alone is a good reason to provide more of that type of content. But it doesn't have to be extremely easy. And with any luck it will mean fewer overgeared character in hardmode queues, so more of a chalenge for hardmode FPs too.

As for what they should drop, I suppose the logic would be one tier above hardmode, so Verpine gear and ultimate comms. The problem here is that since Bioware decided to bump up a tier what each commendation type can buy, people are basically queuing for content that drops the kind of gear they already have a full set of (and expecting others to be at that gear level too), and that would likely be no different here.

Edited by Loc_n_lol