Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

AllisonLightning
01.09.2019 , 09:28 AM | #1
So, wanted to do Eyeless in HM but too early so we went story mode. Good thing, since a few things plus an operative roll later- I was immobilized and couldn't move. This bug has been in the game since I can remember and it's an absolute pain whenever I'm spamming anything to move again... now while I know certain things trigger it- it's insane how many bugs we're still navigating that get left in the game causing repeated issues, sometimes minor and sometimes so severe- and you spent time and resources on a new gear tier and reputation system for it.

The sheer resources you dumped into creating the Command system could have fixed many pre-existing issues. And I can't help but think what old and new bugs are just going to fester away in SWTOR for whatever comes next to try and make us keeping paying our subscriptions. I'm not talking content- I'm talking eldritch gear grind and nerfs designed purely to try and slow things down to hide the lack of content, or I don't know, NiM Gods being balanced around 252 over 248- hell, even 230-236-242 as SM/HM/NiM.

All I want is work put into the bugs and issues this game has and a commitment to putting that effort into fixing the mess would certainly be enough to keep my subscription running. It'd be one thing if it was just pure content being released without a new grind between expansions but instead it's ten thousand bug hunts on Ossus- and FYI, when your playerbase scrabbles to stay ahead of nerfs, PvP inequalities and to get to the first new NiM Operation since Dread Palace- it's not them enjoying the Ossus Grind Wars and 'give the players more of this'.

It's them desperately trying to keep what keeps them paying their subscription and then there's those who finally drop their subscriptions and if those people didn't matter- we'd still have West Coast servers.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

Xina_LA
01.09.2019 , 09:49 AM | #2
I would pay money for them to stop adding new things until they fix a large number of outstanding bugs.

Wait... I do... I pay a monthly subscription.

Devs, please concentrate on bugs?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Damask_Rose
01.09.2019 , 10:21 AM | #3
All of the bugs added with Ossus that Bioware steadfastly refuses to acknowledge was what finally drove me to drop my sub. My frustration level hit max then poured over. Thoughtless design decisions didn't help either. Like one of the big complaints when they introduced new companions with 4.0 was our inability to change their gear, so they started fixing a few then stopped before they finished. Then they add Paxton in the same way since apparently they learned nothing and really don't care what makes their customers happy.

Lhancelot
01.09.2019 , 10:49 AM | #4
Pretty sure this game runs on subs and the CM.

People have been paying subs for years on the game so under this premise you have provided it ought not have bugs in the first place.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

kodrac
01.09.2019 , 10:57 AM | #5
I already pay a sub. That should be enough. I wouldn't pay a bug tax on top of that.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

TUXs
01.09.2019 , 10:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I already pay a sub. That should be enough. I wouldn't pay a bug tax on top of that.
And that's exactly what it would be...a bug tax. There's no reason they can't develop new content AND fix bugs.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

IoNonSoEVero
01.09.2019 , 11:07 AM | #7
No. The cost of the subs we already pay should cover the cost of delivering a usable product.

Limariko
01.09.2019 , 11:07 AM | #8
With some of the bugs I've seen, I'd even be open to throwing some money into a fund just for bug fixes at this point along with the sub I pay.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

arunav
01.09.2019 , 11:17 AM | #9
Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Limariko
01.09.2019 , 11:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.
Going from the sheer amount of bugs I've seen people posting about on the forums, just fixing those would be the equivalent of adding additional content.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!