Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

Why don't they just give us an over estimated downtime instead of saying 12 hours and pissing everyone off.

They said that it was going to be a minimum of 12 hours. They have stated since the beginning of this that it could be longer and even saying that people are still throwing temper fits, even though it has been stated it could be longer.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I won't get to play before my bedtime, I must find other ways to have fun. So, from the wandering mind of the grumpy old guy with the stylish tinfoil hat living in the concrete cellar under the Faraday cage house, comes this morsel of brain bending philosophy to chew on.

What if... most of the trolls bashing devs for the game being down, are in fact devs, watching to see how many loyal fans come to their rescue?

Y'all ponder on that while I get some shut eye. Game will be there tomorrow, or... it won't.

Here I come to save the day! Cookies and coffee for all the devs. No milk, because that will make you sleepy and you need to stay alert until this baby is singing a fine tune.

Yup! We are going to bring EU fully offline to deploy a possible fix, there won't be a patch to download. We will then go through some verification steps and work to get it back online (along with getting NA rolling).

-eric

Good luck and hope you get this fixed so you guys can get some sleep and on that note, good night.

I have seen stuff like this happen before on other games, not uncommon, and usually ends up being located in about 3 lines of coding in the updates.

Give em time to get it right, which is much better than logging on and suddenly the game goes south and you end up locked out or lose everything.

Why don't they just give us an over estimated downtime instead of saying 12 hours and pissing everyone off.

That was done when Scotty was engineer. With Laforge he didn't over estimate. Time's change.

Personally I like Scotty's way.

WOW ... are you getting a free t-shirt for that sucking up? THEY GET PAID FOR THIS DUDE.

They are still working ludicrous hours to make this happen, and it's risky maintenance on a live server. I'm cross I can't play, but their schedule slip hasn't passed into crazy-world yet or anything.

WOW ... are you getting a free t-shirt for that sucking up? THEY GET PAID FOR THIS DUDE.

Yes, but even if they are getting paid, it helps to hear that they are appreciated. I've had to work on some stuff like this and when all you get are complaints money doesn't matter. A simple thank you for the hard work is all it takes from us.

Now the hard decision comes... Do I stay up and laugh at really good troll posts or do I go to bed so I might be awake enough to play tomorrow..... This is tough because it is hard to take your eyes off a train wreck and walk away. All in all I am amazed at how minimal the RAGE posts are... Well to be completely honest I am rather disappointed in the Rage posts thus far. I was hoping for a bit more over the top emotion and originality.

Unrelated, I am seeing some questions about server types (PvE, PvP). Reminder that we no longer have server types, you can join the instance of your chosen gameplay type on any server. If you see those types noted somewhere that is in error and I will pass on that info to have it removed.

-eric

When are you going to do something about RP servers? You guys just kind of left us out in the cold.

Yup! We are going to bring EU fully offline to deploy a possible fix, there won't be a patch to download. We will then go through some verification steps and work to get it back online (along with getting NA rolling).

-eric

Appreciate the hard work devs!!!

-eric

Thanks for the answer. Peoples were concerned about a possible rollback due to the Legacy Overflow working strangely, will there be anything like this ?

(I think you should also explain how this overflow works, i've seen multiples person search for it without finding it ;) )

"SACRIFICE?" WOW ... are you getting a free t-shirt for that sucking up? THEY GET PAID FOR THIS DUDE.

If only they got paid for the metric ton of cr@p people give them about Every. Little. Thing. Then perhaps it would be worth it. Nah, it still wouldn't. Some money costs too much.

Now the hard decision comes... Do I stay up and laugh at really good troll posts or do I go to bed so I might be awake enough to play tomorrow..... This is tough because it is hard to take your eyes off a train wreck and walk away. All in all I am amazed at how minimal the RAGE posts are... Well to be completely honest I am rather disappointed in the Rage posts thus far. I was hoping for a bit more over the top emotion and originality.

Those posts happened on Twitter earlier when they said that the new ETA was 7pm PST