ridiculous amount of trooper gear

Is it just me, or do ops literally drop 75% trooper gear?

I run with 4 knights 3 consulars and a trooper, and the trooper so far has collected at least 10 boots while most of the rest of the party has none

RNG ridiculously broken

Edit: Smugglers seem to do alright with drops when we add one too..

Edited by CyberCheese

I run with 4 knights 3 consulars and a trooper, and the trooper so far has collected at least 10 boots while most of the rest of the party has none

RNG ridiculously broken

I personally have the experience of a lot of Force-user gear drops, so it's probably just bad luck on your end.

Ridiculously stupid post. The drops that no one in the group can use will always be more memorable and annoying. The ones that we useful and upgrades for people other than you are soon forgotten. And yes your bad luck can be that bad..

For us, it's been Knight gear as well

I haven't seen a trooper main hand drop in HM KP ever. Seriously, not once. That's running it at least once every week and many times twice.

I agree with you, I finally got my T3 main hand from Kephas Last night

Edited by Snakeyees

pre 1.2 my guild had 90% Smuggler/Imperial agent loot.

post 1.2 we've had quite good variety, however I must say it turns somewhat to Bounty Hunter/trooper tokens, but the reason might be because we bring 1 merc healer, 1 powertech tank and 1/2 merc dps. Inquisitor/Consular loot seems to be quite consistent as well, we bring 1 tank, 1/2 dps and 1 healer of those as well. while we only have 1 warrior with us, he is fully geared from pre 1.2 anyway. for full Rakata we only miss 2 Main Hand for inquisitors and 1 pair of boots.

I think the system is more or less ok now, bad luck might happen, but eventually you should end up with loot as well.

OP i want in on your operations. that cerainly WASN'T the case when i cleared Soa for six weeks straight and couldn't get the rakata trooper chestpiece while JK and JC double dropped in three consecutive weeks... RNG can be a ***** Edited by Swuge

I'm sure it's just the RNG, but my guild experiences the same exact thing from HMs. It's become so comical after about the 10th run that everyone with a BH alt saves their force users for pvp or ops and only takes their mercs into Hardmode. I have yet to see a single piece of usable gear outside of ops for a sorc. Think I've seen exactly 1 columni piece for an agent. Even the exotech/tionese crap seems to be 80% BH.

I know the rolls are influenced by who's in the group (which might explain why we still see nothing but BH drops), but we were seeing almost all BH drops when we were taking 0 BHs with us. But, like I said, probably just bad luck.

RNG ridiculously broken

dont worry, thats to account for the 75% more troopers that have been rolled in the past week.. ;)

My guild's OPs run usually drop heavy Jedi Knight/Smuggler stuff...

We usually run 3 Knight/3 Smug/5 Consular/5 Trooper.

It's actually quite hilarious.

Jedi Knight stuff for us will probably drop 50% of the time. ;D

Know how many JK Mainhands we've gotten from HM KP? Alot. We probably have a pile of sabers somewhere...rotting away.

It is just another LAZY RNG Programming. Everything RNG except they are not supposed to drop anything for classes not in the ops now, although I actually still experienced operation dropping smuggler's gear while there is no smuggler after their latest claim-to-be-fixed patch.

In a consecutive run of two op last week, we got a lot of JC gear while there was only one JC, then the next one, only one Trooper gear from all bosses while there were 3 troopers in the operation. Drop according to composition? Nah ... they have their own explanation for all those statements in the patch notes which no one else would agree.

our guild we had a full consular run and full trooper run. that was to force the instance to drop the gear we wanted. especially the full trooper run, was pretty epic, everybody was heavy armor. in ev, we just pop reactive shield and adrenals and live through the missles in the annilation droid. and after a while, our healers are like, "i'm done healing, i'm dpsing now"

that was pretty epic trooper run.