HM,ops,NiM too long?

Hello there. Honestly I know this will get a lot of ranting and bashing but I am speaking the truth for myself.

SO my problem is, why are HMs, and ops so long???

I dont have enough time at night to do a stupid HM that potentionally might not get me any good loot.

In SWG a heroic at the most took maybe 1 hour.

Take Hoth in swg for example, if you had a good group, you could do it in no time. In this game a HM can take upwards of 4 hours to do one stupid thing. I am sorry if I am the only person who likes to sleep at night and wake up and do things in the morning. So far I have been looking for a new guild that will run ops at maybe 7 est. This will give me enough time but really. These HMs are too long.

I am not the complaining type so please dont yell at me for this person observation

Hello there. Honestly I know this will get a lot of ranting and bashing but I am speaking the truth for myself.

I dont have enough time at night to do a stupid HM that potentionally might not get me any good loot.

Take Hoth in swg for example, if you had a good group, you could do it in no time. In this game a HM can take upwards of 4 hours to do one stupid thing. I am sorry if I am the only person who likes to sleep at night and wake up and do things in the morning. So far I have been looking for a new guild that will run ops at maybe 7 est. This will give me enough time but really. These HMs are too long.

I am not the complaining type so please dont yell at me for this person observation

This isn't swg

Edited by AidanLightwalker

You must be doing something wrong. or you dont have a good group.

When i do hard mode flashpoints, hm Taral V i can do in 15minutes (skipping the bonus boss) HM MP/D7 in 30 - 35 minutes (skipping bonus boss in D7), HM Esseles in 30minutes, HM Kaon under Siege in 40 - 45minutes. The ones that take a bit longer seem to be battle of ilum and false emperor HMs but i dont think they take me much over an hour.

OPs generally take longer than an hour but thats because its nature is supposed to be hard for a large group of 8 or 16 people.

Edited by Neferseki

You must be doing something wrong. or you dont have a good group.

When i do hard mode flashpoints, hm Taral V i can do in 15minutes (skipping the bonus boss) HM MP/D7 in 30 - 35 minutes (skipping bonus boss in D7), HM Esseles in 30minutes, HM Kaon under Siege in 40 - 45minutes. The ones that take a bit longer seem to be battle of ilum and false emperor HMs but i dont think they take me much over an hour.

OPs generally take longer than an hour but thats because its nature is supposed to be hard for a large group of 8 or 16 people.

actually I did Ilum in about 30 mins today if you know how to skip most of the mobs its easy to do.

FOUR hours for a HM-flashpoint? Really?

The longest one until now is probably Lost Island and it's doable in less than an hour...

The rest is doable in about 30-40min...

Same goes for operations.

Even with taking our sweet time we clear Nightmare KP in less than two hours. Yesterday's speed run had us at just a bit over one hour.

Edited by schnopsnosn

Yeah when you first start to learn the fights, then sure you can spend a whole night 3-4h on one boss. But once you learn to beat them all, you can clear EV/KP in 1-1.5h, and well EC takes a while longer to learn, but we're clearing story in 2h usually, sometimes 3 if we're slow (which we are :p)

So as others said, you might wanna find a better group, or try and sacrifice more time. But honestly, if you've killed them before, it definitely shouldn't taken MORE than 4hours. And if it is, suggest to your guild to split it over 2 nights.

Ok, you compare a good group in SWG to a bad group in TOR? A good group in TOR need less than 1 hour for Nightmare ops. So what was your point again?

How long can hoth in SWG take if you dont know what you do? Currently you compare apples and oranges.

As long as both are not on the same denominator its no use at all.

I can only tell you, if you need 4 hours for any ops or flashpoint, its to long and you do something wrong. Flashpoint: 30-60 min max. Ops: even on nightmare, 30-120 min. All over this means you are still lerning lerning on it, or need to improve.

FOUR hours for a HM-flashpoint? Really?

The longest one until now is probably Lost Island and it's doable in less than an hour...

The rest is doable in about 30-40min...

Same goes for operations.

Even with taking our sweet time we clear Nightmare KP in less than two hours. Yesterday's speed run had us at just a bit over one hour.

Lost island is one of the shortest and can be done in 30 to 35 mins

I read two things from your post:

1. You want to clear stuff in less than an hour.

2. If it takes you more than an hour, you blame the game.

Now the facts:

It's possible to clear EM HM in less than 1 1/2 - 2 hours if your group knows the fights in and out, and has successfully defeated them multiple times in the past. EV and KP maybe even in less than an hour.

Of course you won't clear it that fast when you are still learning the encounters, which can take multiple hours/days/weeks, depending on your guild. That's why it is called HARDMODE and NIGHTMARE.

The solution:

1.If you want to clear stuff in less than an hour on your first run, do (HM) Flashpoins, and normal-/storymode operations.

2.If you want to clear hardmode and nightmare, accept that these are supposed to be ... you know: HARD!

Put in the time to learn the encounters. For a casual guild this might mean that you won't be able to clear the operations for the first few weeks after their release. Maybe not until the next Ops is released. Maybe never. If you want a challenge, accept it.

HM/NiM are not long. But they're hard. :rolleyes:

Double entendre intended.

Edited by bwortbutch

Then play on the lower difficulty, If you don't put the time and effort in for it you shouldn't be rewarded with good loot.

My group can beat it in 21 mins

Is that while doing all the bosses or are you skipping some. Cause not possible in 21 mins doing all of them

Edited by Traxv