Speed Running

LyraineAlei

In this context, Speed Running means "plays only class missions and nothing else".

Off the bat, I get that after several alts the planet missions really drag on and get repetitive to the point of "Why am I running this quest again?" I myself have skipped a whole planet quest line from time to time (Tattooine, I am looking at you).

But this game gives away exp like it's snow on Hoth. Why do people not take advantage of these choices to keep in level range of their missions instead of begging in Gen Chat for help on a story mission?

GSF gives exp, War zones, Flashpoints, the original line of Space Missions, bonus missions with the missions you are running, and I am sure I am missing a lot of other options.

But what is the point of running around doing missions you're extremely under leveled for?

People don't have trouble with class quests because they are low level.

They have trouble with them because they suck.

I have leveled multiple toons only doing the class stories / heroics on each planet without falling behind.

Reading is not easy for you, is it? If you are doing the Heroics, you are not just doing the class missions.

Reading is not easy for you, is it? If you are doing the Heroics, you are not just doing the class missions.
[cough] ;) that is why there was a slash between the two... meaning, only those two type of missions.

Considering not every planet seems to have them, and some only get unlocked after doing the bonus series for a planet, that would still come to just a few extra missions per planet. Much less than those making up the planet missions.

Edited by LeJarC

[cough] ;) that is why there was a slash between the two... meaning, only those two type of missions.

In this context, Speed Running means "plays only class missions and nothing else".

Class/Heroics is not speed running under the meaning I gave it for this context. You were doing more than class.

probably same point as in running around without your advanced class. not becasue you deliberately chose to, but because you didn't click on a quest npc, becasue exploring in a rpg is for suckers!

Hmm? I know not what you speak of, precious. What this nonsense be, concerning class advancement? :confused:

probably same point as in running around without your advanced class. not becasue you deliberately chose to, but because you didn't click on a quest npc, becasue exploring in a rpg is for suckers!

I am in the same boat as the OP. It doesn't mean that he or I are lazy or want things handed to me easily. I want to run new characters and have rolled several new alts to do so. I really enjoy the class missions, but you can only do the world arcs so many times before you don't want to them anymore. For this purpose, I am only doing class missions while supplementing exp with flashpoints and GSF.

I really cannot stand the idea of doing all of those common area world stories again.

Edited by TheBBP

I am in the same boat as the OP. It doesn't mean that he or I are lazy or want things handed to me easily. I want to run new characters and have rolled several new alts to do so. I really enjoy the class missions, but you can only do the world arcs so many times before you don't want to them anymore. For this purpose, I am only doing class missions while supplementing exp with flashpoints and GSF.

I really cannot stand the idea of doing all of those common area world stories again.

Definition of lazy:

adjective

unwilling to work or use energy.

Regardless, I believe people take the term "lazy" too personally.

I'm too lazy to do HM and NiM operations nowadays and I have no issue admitting it. It's a game... It's not the same as being unemployed and being too lazy to look for a job for example.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I was asking why some people pass up the perfectly good alternatives to the planet quests.

Never asked for things to be easy. And I make sure I have the exploration achievement done before I skip planet missions.

Off the bat, I get that after several alts the planet missions really drag on and get repetitive to the point of "Why am I running this quest again?" I myself have skipped a whole planet quest line from time to time (Tattooine, I am looking at you).

But this game gives away exp like it's snow on Hoth. Why do people not take advantage of these choices to keep in level range of their missions instead of begging in Gen Chat for help on a story mission?

GSF gives exp, War zones, Flashpoints, the original line of Space Missions, bonus missions with the missions you are running, and I am sure I am missing a lot of other options.

But what is the point of running around doing missions you're extremely under leveled for?

Yes agreed... Although I find I can do only the class quests and never need help... It just requires you to have yourself and you companion geared... Also using the right companion helps

If I do the planet quests I am so far above the required lvl for the next planet, it is way to easy and boring

No one should ever need help doing their class quests... And if you are too low a lvl for some reason... The do what is suggested in the OP... Or go back to the previous planet and do some planet quests or 2 man Heroics with your Companion

Yes, if you run class missions only and DO NOT GRIND you will likely fall behind and start having serious problems around level 35 or so.

If you do the heroics, or add in the side quests but skip the heroics in most cases, with a bit of grinding here and there, you should remain about one or two levels above the content.

Do at least one KDY every level as part of the class/side or class/heroic sets and you will find you are far above the content for a nice easy run if that is what you want. If you grind even a bit you could end up hitting grey quests.

Yes, if you run class missions only and DO NOT GRIND you will likely fall behind and start having serious problems around level 35 or so.

If you do the heroics, or add in the side quests but skip the heroics in most cases, with a bit of grinding here and there, you should remain about one or two levels above the content.

Do at least one KDY every level as part of the class/side or class/heroic sets and you will find you are far above the content for a nice easy run if that is what you want. If you grind even a bit you could end up hitting grey quests.

*headdesk* I am not asking if it is possible, I am asking why do people only run the class quests.

I know how the leveling options work, and I think most of us do too.

it's not a question of being ''lazy'', but when it's the 5 or10 time you run the same it became boring :)

i'm running actually a new IA-sniper, i've enjoyed the story so much as a Operative who did every single quest, i'm just trying a new approach, she's DS the most to match better with Kalyo, but to lvl up, i'm doing only the class story line and WZ + from lvl 15 few Kuat (i can't do it more than 1 one a day. it's so ...:( i know there is people doing it all day long, but i simply can't) and the FP on LvL.

i've done the same with my Sorc & Assassin and it was perfect, Imp side, i'm done :D, i've just finished most of the quest on every planet with the Guardian, because it was Pub, she was tanking (good to learn your skill, with Kira destroying everything :p)

there is one problem, you're not gathering really much, so to lvl your crew skill, it cost a lot on Gtn

Definition of lazy:

Regardless, I believe people take the term "lazy" too personally.

I'm too lazy to do HM and NiM operations nowadays and I have no issue admitting it. It's a game... It's not the same as being unemployed and being too lazy to look for a job for example.

Hmmm...I see this a bit differently...

Definition of addiction. Devotion: great interest in a particular thing to which a lot of time is devoted. Experts on Internet addiction have described this syndrome as an individual being intensely working on the Internet, prolonged use of the Internet, uncontrollable use of the Internet, unable to use the Internet with efficient time, not being interested in the outside world, not spending time with people from the outside world, and an increase in their loneliness and dejection.

I certainly don't view anyone as "lazy" for not wanting to waste time doing the exact same boring crap in an online video game. I see that as NOT addicted.