I say NO to more warzones between one faction

Riddickcz

First off I aint no RP lunatic guy. That said I cant believe BW wants to introduce more Republic vs Republic/Empire vs Empire warzones.

Yes I agree that population on servers is not balanced. And I believe there are few ways to fix this. But this aint one of em.

I mean if this is implemented, whats the point playin different faction? We can just all be one big faction and fight each other like one big Deathmatch game.

Lest be honest. PvP is poor atm. I mean while leveling (even on PvP server) You will hardly meet anybody from your own faction, not even mentioning oposit faction. When you get to ilum, there is hardly any PvP goin on due to the Win-trading scheme of the zone. Yes this will get adjusted in the patch, but really it will just throw oil in the fire into the imbalance flaming.

So the only time You actually do compete against the other faction is in 2/3 warzones. Take this out and we can just all join republic ONLY or empire ONLY, cause it wont matter. Good luck with balancing ppl then.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I aint no RP lunatic guy. That said I cant believe BW wants to introduce more Republic vs Republic/Empire vs Empire warzones.

Yes I agree that population on servers is not balanced. And I believe there are few ways to fix this. But this aint one of em.

I mean if this is implemented, whats the point playin different faction? We can just all be one big faction and fight each other like one big Deathmatch game.

Lest be honest. PvP is poor atm. I mean while leveling (even on PvP server) You will hardly meet anybody from your own faction, not even mentioning oposit faction. When you get to ilum, there is hardly any PvP goin on due to the Win-trading scheme of the zone. Yes this will get adjusted in the patch, but really it will just throw oil in the fire into the imbalance flaming.

So the only time You actually do compete against the other faction is in 2/3 warzones. Take this out and we can just all join republic ONLY or empire ONLY, cause it wont matter. Good luck with balancing ppl then.

riight, so ..i'm glad you aren't the game director. darth riddickcz here would have us play hutball forever no doubt.

riight, so ..i'm glad you aren't the game director. darth riddickcz here would have us play hutball forever no doubt.

OR you can reroll republic! most other games don't have same faction pvp games. Should not have had them here! IS it my fault you want to zerg and think you are great?

Keeping people enjoying the game is going to be the top priority. Trying to maintain the feel of two faction sides at the cost of one faction having extremely long queue times isn't going to fly.

I'm fine fighting my own faction in warzones, I would prefer them to actually get ilum flushed out to make the faction vs faction feel.

For one Ilum's pvp area is huge, why does it need to be so wide so that you can just walk by each other? It's not alderaan civil war, people are not going to sit defending the nodes doing nothing.

If game is short other faction then apparently you have start cracking each other skulls

What sith actually does anyway trough story line. Jungle law, only strongest will survive. :p

Take it as multi player duelling.

Edited by Chaffery

OR you can reroll republic! most other games don't have same faction pvp games. Should not have had them here! IS it my fault you want to zerg and think you are great?

same faction pvp is a geat idea. rather be able to play pvp rather than complaining "i never get to play pvp".

its not biowares fault that more people picked empire is it?

some people are never happy. and i find that extremely annoying.

It makes complete sense for the Sith empire to have infighting. Have you not even played to level 10 on an empire character?

Ur still talking only about one faction. If they would at least make it dark side one faction vs light side one faction..that would at least be acceptable on some level.

no i'm not kidding you, are you kidding me? explain to me why.

no im not kidding you. Are you kidding me?

Yea we could go on like this forever.

The advertisement of the dark side and empire was MUCH stronger than republic. Did You see any Jedi Statue on conferences? Everywhere You looked You could see Darth Malgus statues, lil statues, wallpapers etc. Get real for a min here.

Ur still talking only about one faction. If they would at least make it dark side one faction vs light side one faction..that would at least be acceptable on some level.

The republic whines constantly, as you are proving. If they did not give you the same instances, your tears would drown us all.

The republic whines constantly, as you are proving. If they did not give you the same instances, your tears would drown us all.

As someone who rolled Empire and wanted to play Empire, but who re-rolled Republic to avoid being on the over-populated faction.. This seems so wrong!

As far as I can see it's Empire players whining that they only get to play Huttball against Empire teams and never get to PvP against the Republic.

Playing PvP for Republic is great as its full of bad PvP players. This means you have to work twice as hard to win and as such victory seems like a real reward for a well played game. On the Empire side you never get frustrated with having idiots on your group but you also never feel like you were that important. Most players on Empire side no what they are doing to the point you could afk as Empire (I am not saying you should or that I do) in a BG and the rest of your team will be good enough to carry you. On Republic if you aren't on your game, your team wont carry you!

The moans seems to be:

Republic - Half our players are new to PvP or are in-experienced and it's hard to find a match where you are in a good Republic team.

This is generally true but worse on some servers than others. On Treyus Academy it feels very similar to publishes figures of 53% Empire win 47 % Republic win.

Empire - We only ever get to play Huttball against Empire.

Again this is true but caused by the population imbalance. If Huttball wasn't able to have Imp vs Imp then you would spend all night in a queue and only get into one PvP match.

To fix this they need to make players have more reason to roll Republic, As it stands they have the worse quest lines (not as fun or immersive as Imp quest chains) and currently the Republic have a lot of mirror class abilities different (and worse) than Imps have. An example would be the soon to be fixed in a patch difference between scoundrels flash grenade CC and the Operatives same ability. On scoundrel it has 1 min 30 CD on Operative only 1 min. They also need to make it so Rush/Alderan can be played against same faction so people don't got too bored of constant Huttball.

Same faction PvP is just fight clubbing.

If I wanted to fight club I would go get a first person shooter and have a meaningless but slightly more skillful PvP fight. The idea about a persistent world MMORPG is that the big PvP fights mean something they advance (in a bioware game) the story. They aren't a meaningless grind just to get better gear, to be better at the meaningless gring to get better gear to be better at the... you get the idea.

Huttball is a joke and after the initial few games the novelty wears off as the meaninglessness of it dawns on people. More of the same would likewise only be a means to gettting tokens.

Same faction warzones are the best idea ever.

I'd rather play Huttball every 2 minutes instead of having to wait for freaking 30 minutes for a warzone to open up that is probably over in 10 minutes.

Short queue times are more important than everything else IMHO.

same faction pvp is a geat idea. rather be able to play pvp rather than complaining "i never get to play pvp".

its not biowares fault that more people picked empire is it?

some people are never happy. and i find that extremely annoying.

THIS!!!

1. Allowing same faction battle for Huttball makes sense. It's a competition of 2 groups, any 2 groups. There's no "We must do this for the <insert faction here>." it's all about my team.
  2. Which faction a person plays is out of the hands of BioWare so if a bunch of people plays one faction you'll end up in Huttball a lot. Which IMO is a REALLY great warzone (and no I don't PvP on a force character).
  3. This is just your opinion. If you read the forums you'll notice people asking for Voidstar to be allowed for same faction battles. Yea THAT makes sense. (/sarcasm)

Bottom line you can't make everyone happy and game forums tend to have people who wish to complain about EVERYTHING. (Like the fact that space stations don't "feel" warm and comfie)

Actually if there is too many of one faction, then honestly re ROLL as the faction with less players and lets even things up. PVP will work then for faction balance no problem, all solved.

As far as I can see it's Empire players whining that they only get to play Huttball against Empire teams and never get to PvP against the Republic.

Lamo @ that. I wonder why ? is it because Republic are easier to beat than Empire guys, who indeed have some very OP players. I guess you now see what us Republic people see in WZ. Taste of your own medicine perhaps.

Edited by dronepilot

I absolutely agree. I refuse to fight my own faction. I will not. Especially for some fat Hutt that just wants to watch us die over and over again.

Is that heroic? is that epic?

I don't rp, but I respect it, therefore fighting your own people to please a hutt is an insult.

Not to mention that Hutt Ball is already the worst "warzone" I ever played.

Playing PvP for Republic is great as its full of bad PvP players. This means you have to work twice as hard to win and as such victory seems like a real reward for a well played game. On the Empire side you never get frustrated with having idiots on your group but you also never feel like you were that important. Most players on Empire side no what they are doing to the point you could afk as Empire (I am not saying you should or that I do) in a BG and the rest of your team will be good enough to carry you. On Republic if you aren't on your game, your team wont carry you!

<---SKIP--->

To fix this they need to make players have more reason to roll Republic, As it stands they have the worse quest lines (not as fun or immersive as Imp quest chains) and currently the Republic have a lot of mirror class abilities different (and worse) than Imps have. An example would be the soon to be fixed in a patch difference between scoundrels flash grenade CC and the Operatives same ability. On scoundrel it has 1 min 30 CD on Operative only 1 min. They also need to make it so Rush/Alderan can be played against same faction so people don't got too bored of constant Huttball.

First point I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. I was just in a warzone last night and Empire was beat like a man caught doing the pro boxer's wife. Yes it was that bad.

Also I want a way to vote those afk players out of the match. I wished I was playing a force character so I could yank the idiot into the fire or something.

I disagree with the quests on Republic not being fun. I have both a JK and Smuggler on Republic and Smuggler is so funny I catch myself having pains in my side from laughing so hard. My JK got me some before leaving the starting world. Can't get better than that.

I can understand Huttball. Huts are neutral and so they are Games it doesnt matter if its empire or republic. However in this light lets have combined teams with both empire and republic players.

But for other ones? Battle for control over some planet? or some station? I refuse to fight my own ppl.

Star Wars has always been a fight between republic and empire. Did You ever see two Jedis, both being the purest Jedis, no dark side in it, fighting each other? I dont think so. It just doesnt make sense and is completely against the whole SW universe.