Best PvE classes/specs at the moment?

Nightius

I started playing this game around a week ago and have a 65 boost token that I plan on using. I already have a sorcerer and I enjoy playing most ranged classes in mmorpgs, which ranged class is currently the best in terms of dps in PvE? So I may boost one if I enjoy the class enough

As you are relatively new, going with Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando is probably a good idea. They do pretty good dps and the rotation is not difficult to learn to a proficient level (only lightning sorc and marskman sniper have easier rotations imo), and Arsenal does much higher dps than either of those 2.

If you did have to pick either Merc or Commando to boost to 65, I would pick Commando, just because the story for Trooper is not as good as for Bounty Hunter (again, in my opinion).

As you are relatively new, going with Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando is probably a good idea. They do pretty good dps and the rotation is not difficult to learn to a proficient level (only lightning sorc and marskman sniper have easier rotations imo), and Arsenal does much higher dps than either of those 2.

If you did have to pick either Merc or Commando to boost to 65, I would pick Commando, just because the story for Trooper is not as good as for Bounty Hunter (again, in my opinion).

Not bad advice considering that Mercs are OP as hell at the moment. Throwing in easy game play only makes it a better idea for someone new to the game. Downside to it is all the Merc/Mando hate. [Justly deserved as it is =] ]