4v4 in normal PVP why

rethrox

I've been with you guys since the start, but when you choose to add arena type combat to reg casual pvp, you really messed up,,, i'm not sure who's idea it was, but take a step back and look at it and realize that 4v4 is only meant for arena pvp ranked player base,,,i have know fkn clue who was in charge of this,but please look at the stats for pve and pvp player proggression, i don't even want to que anymore because it is so stupid , and has been for years! fix your game for the cash cows you want!!!!!

you need to look at the big picture,,,i know you were losing peps because of ques,, so pvp was so long, but that is not the case anymore with the server merges,,,put it back the way it was, and all will be fine,,,,,,,ty, gg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last Year or the year before (cant remember), they changed how the queue worked for reg pvp.

Before that, arena and 8s would pop randomly at all times of the day, regardless of how many people were in the queue.

This started to cause a big problem outside of prime time and in lower pvp brackets because the queue would often get stuck waiting to form an 8s game when there weren’t enough people in the queue to do so. You could literally go hours waiting for it to pop because there were even 16 people to make 2 teams. So Bioware made the following changes.

1. They added cross faction teams so that it didn’t matter what faction you were, you would be put on a team even if your faction didn’t have enough to forum a team.

2. When the amount of people in the queue drop to a certain point, it switches the pops from 8v8 maps to 4v4 maps so that at least some form of pvp pops and you aren’t waiting hours for a pvp pop. (Some form of pvp is better than none. At least for most people).

3. At the same time, they removed 4v4 pvp from the queue when it reached a certain number players. Which means when there are enough people to form a few 8v8 matches, it should only pop 8v8 (or its supposed to).

So if you are mostly getting 4v4 maps, it’s because there are not enough people in the queue to make at least one or a couple of 8v8 matches.

Asking them to remove arena from the queue would mean pvp wouldnt pop for you at those times anyway.

So you need to ask yourself, would you rather get some form of pvp when you queue or wait for hours?

If you would rather wait for hours, then the simple solution to your problem is stop queueing for a few hours if you start getting 4v4 maps. Then come back and see if 8v8 has started popping. If it hasn’t, you can then choose to stop queuing again or play 4v4 if you want to pvp.

The choice is essentially yours to make because you shouldn’t be getting 4v4 maps if there are enough people in the queue.

Asking Bioware to remove it from the queue would kill pvp for anyone who doesn’t pvp when the queue is high.

I would be fine with waiting longer in queue to get a warzone rather than an arena. They are different types of gameplay. One objective based 8v8 with respawns and the other a deathmatch.

To clarify, arena can pop even in peak time. All the system does is check if theres enough people for a warzone on top of the ones already running and pops an arena rather than wait another minute or two. Personally i find it totally worth it and i defend that unranked arenas should have its own mode.

I would be fine with waiting longer in queue to get a warzone rather than an arena. They are different types of gameplay. One objective based 8v8 with respawns and the other a deathmatch.

To clarify, arena can pop even in peak time. All the system does is check if theres enough people for a warzone on top of the ones already running and pops an arena rather than wait another minute or two. Personally i find it totally worth it and i defend that unranked arenas should have its own mode.

Then the simple solution for you is stop queuing for a period of time till they start popping again. The power is in your hands as to wether you want to wait or play 4v4

And to clarify, the system is not supposed to do that. If it is, then it’s a bug or there are less people in the queue than you think.

Unfortunately Bioware have not told us what the cut off is for it to revert to 4v4. My best guess if it’s somewhere between 20-30.

Let’s say there are 30 people in the queue (possible cut off), you might have 1 x 8v8 playing and 1 x 4v4 playing and 6 people waiting in the queue for a pop. Which means those 6 won’t have to wait as long for a pop. Or it might make 3 x 4v4 matches playing and 6 people waiting in the queue.

If it didn’t do that, you you would have longer queue times for everyone and more people sitting around waiting because only 16 people would be playing and 14 would be sitting there waiting, then those 14 get a match and 2 from the first game do too. By the time it rotates through, some players will get sick of waiting 10-15 mins for a pop and start unqueueing (I’ve seen this happen first hand) and then you end up with 15 people queuing and it either waits for 1 more person to queue, which could be 5 mins or 3 hours (depending on time of day) or it make 7v8 teams that are guaranteed to be one sided before you even start.

Mergers might have fixed some of the out of prime time issues at the start. But they are a long time ago now and if you play outside of prime time or try to play Lowbies, you would be experiencing more than 10-30min waits, it could be hours like it was before the mergers. I know this first hand because I experienced it since 5.0 dropped and a majority of pvpers left, especially those who played when I did. I would queue and I might or might not get a pop in a 3 hour session. It also limited what I else I could do because I couldn’t go run flash points or queue for other things,

As much as some people don’t like 4v4, myself included. I would rather get 4v4 pops than waiting around for hours or have limited choice of what other stuff I can play while I’m queued.

Let me add something that I don’t think you’ve considered, if you login and can’t play pvp when you do, then you’ll probably stop trying to at those times, which means less people queuing, which makes the situation worse and you have this snow ball affect that creeps all the way up to primetimes fringes.

And those of us who do stick around and queue, don’t get to play pvp and if you do, the pop times are long and you have people leaving the queue all the time because they get sick of waiting which also affects the wait times.

Even now, with the system in place, there are times of the day you can still wait 30+ mins for a 4v4 map to pop and if it does pop, it’s nearly always the same 8 people in the match.

Like I said, the choice is now fully in your hands as to wether you want to play 4v4. If it’s the only map type popping, then leave and come back intermittently to see if it’s gone back to 8v8. If you are getting a regular mix of 8v8 and 4v4, there still isn’t enough people to guarantee you won’t get 4v4. At that point you can either leave every 4v4 before it starts and hope you get put into an 8v8 or you can take a break and come back when you’ve a better chance of getting 8v8 maps 99% of the time.

Lastly, 4v4 matches are fast in regs. I never have rounds that go the full amount and most games are over in less than 4-5mins. When you consider 8v8 maps go for around 10+ mins, you can play one or two 4v4 maps instead of waiting 10+mins for a pop. Then hopefully you might get an 8v8 map,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've been with you guys since the start, but when you choose to add arena type combat to reg casual pvp, you really messed up,,, i'm not sure who's idea it was, but take a step back and look at it and realize that 4v4 is only meant for arena pvp ranked player base,,,i have know fkn clue who was in charge of this,but please look at the stats for pve and pvp player proggression, i don't even want to que anymore because it is so stupid , and has been for years! fix your game for the cash cows you want!!!!!

you need to look at the big picture,,,i know you were losing peps because of ques,, so pvp was so long, but that is not the case anymore with the server merges,,,put it back the way it was, and all will be fine,,,,,,,ty, gg

Arenas are fun in regs and lowbies. L2P

You are all mostly ignoring the fact that arena doesn’t pop unless the queue drops below enough people to support 8v8 games at a reasonable pop rate.

So if you are getting mostly arena, there are not enough people in the queue and if they kept it the way it used to be, you wouldn’t get regular or even any pops outside of prime time.

I don’t like arena either, but if I want to pvp, I dont want to be waiting 30 mins to 3 hours for a pop like I used to have to do before they changed how it worked.

If you only get a small amount if arena pops then it’s probably some random glitch. And you also have the ability to leave the match before it starts and requeue.

It really isn’t a problem and you have total control on what types of pvp you play.

If you don’t like arena, just leave and requeue. If it keeps popping regularly, then I hate to tell you, 8v8 probably wouldn’t pop at those times anyway. You can then choose wether to stop queueing until later or you can play arena till 8v8 starts popping again.

The ball is in your hands. Use it or get off the court.

Many players hate Arena and want balanced matchups, rather than short ones that usually entail premades

With such a low pvp population and much lower skill lvls of people coming through, it’s probably past time that premade’s were either removed from regs or the system tweaked more.

Premades havent always been an issue (even though many have said they are), but since the decline in population after 5.0, they are now a menace to the queue and over all pvp participation. People start seeing premades and they start dropping games and don’t requeue.

But, this is for a different thread,

With such a low pvp population and much lower skill lvls of people coming through, it’s probably past time that premade’s were either removed from regs or the system tweaked more.

Premades havent always been an issue (even though many have said they are), but since the decline in population after 5.0, they are now a menace to the queue and over all pvp participation. People start seeing premades and they start dropping games and don’t requeue.

But, this is for a different thread,

I've argued for this before. In other games I played you had a separate queue for solo and for team. So you would never get pug vs team but always pug vs pug or team vs team.

Having queues separated like that makes sense but I wonder of BW is worried that it would split the already small community. So your idea that you would only be able to queue solo in unranked seems like the best solution.

I am just curious. What don't people like about 4 vs 4? I enjoy them for the most part. What i do not like is certain huttball arenas, the lag is insane but the game itself is fun! It is odd though, huttball used to run really well and that was on a much older computer :/

While what you say is correct, they are very different styles, the problem of late is that the group queues are playing everything like its death match.

Objectives have become a bad word they laugh at and call those who actually make that effort try hards and what not.

I actually got multiple insult whisper the other day for capping the door in Voidstar when the premade half of the team wanted to farm numbers.

Their choice, their dime, they can play how they wish, ive basically chosen to just leave those matches as i dont see it changing.

I play to win, regardless of mode.. not to pad stats. Get the win, get the rep etc... , and move on to the next match. I guess thats become passe for the cool kids :).

While what you say is correct, they are very different styles, the problem of late is that the group queues are playing everything like its death match.

Objectives have become a bad word they laugh at and call those who actually make that effort try hards and what not.

I actually got multiple insult whisper the other day for capping the door in Voidstar when the premade half of the team wanted to farm numbers.

Their choice, their dime, they can play how they wish, ive basically chosen to just leave those matches as i dont see it changing.

I play to win, regardless of mode.. not to pad stats. Get the win, get the rep etc... , and move on to the next match. I guess thats become passe for the cool kids :).

That’s exactly how I feel too

I am just curious. What don't people like about 4 vs 4? I enjoy them for the most part. What i do not like is certain huttball arenas, the lag is insane but the game itself is fun! It is odd though, huttball used to run really well and that was on a much older computer :/

Speaking only for myself, i like the idea of breaking up the same old death match style play with something that requires actually cooperation and teamwork in objective play.

Its like comparing capture the flag style to death match style, it comes down to preference and i for one get bored of the same old 1v1 fights and comps.

Death match is more about class/spec than brains as evidenced by seeing the same meme teams in most matches, whereas in objective play other classes have value for various reasons.

Deathmatch is like formula 1 you need the car to win, an amazing driver won't win if the car is not set up right

The objective is more like Rally don't get me wrong car is still important but driver decision may influence results sometimes more than the car itself.

To each, his own maybe BIO should implement objective minigame 4vs4 and keep the 2 lines separated for the first 10 minutes and then merge after 10 minutes if nothing pop.

Edited by Pekish

Deathmatch is like formula 1 you need the car to win, an amazing driver won't win if the car is not set up right

The objective is more like Rally don't get me wrong car is still important but driver decision may influence results sometimes more than the car itself.

To each, his own maybe BIO should implement objective minigame 4vs4 and keep the 2 lines separated for the first 10 minutes and then merge after 10 minutes if nothing pop.

We’ve been asking for them to keep the 2 versions seperate since they implemented it. They refuse to do it and have always said (even when we had 1000’s more pvp players), that they feared it would affect the queue pop times.

BioWare have always fallen back on queue pop vs quality. They do not give an F if the quality is crap as long as their holly grail pop times are low.

So if they wouldn’t split them when we had 1000’s more PVPers, they certainly won’t do it now when we are lucky to get enough to have 8v8 matches before they often revert to 4v4 outside of prime time and low queue numbers.

I remember when you could queue pvp 24 hours a day and get pops with in 1-2 mins or sometimes instant. Those were the days :o

They won’t split the queues. What we have is what we’ll ever get.

Edited by TrixxieTriss