New Sorcerer (level 11) build help

Idrin

I've just started a Sorcerer and I'm wondering if there is a good build for leveling that is updated for 1.6. Which tree to start putting points into and so on. I don't want to gimp myself by start putting points into the wrong tree.

I've seen a lot of builds, but no guide where to start spending the points or if they're current.

Honestly, as a low-level Sorc there are not too many priorities.

I would advise picking up the entire 1st Tier of Lightning and then Will of the Sith (x2) and Calcify (x3). Depending on what build you want either build towards Wrath in Madness or Force Barrage in Lightning.

Pick up Lightning Barrier (x2) early and place it on Khem and you will breeze through all the early planets.

While having the extra force and force cost reduction from the lightning tree is great I'm always putting my first points into the madness tree , to be able to quickly get rid of the CD on force lightning. After that I'd say that it's down to personal preferences, go for the force buffs or aim for wrath.

Calcify- Will of the Sith- Chain Shock- Disintegration (at low levels, without sniper buff chances are you'll have around 10-15% crit chance, so against one foe you'll get an affliction crit every 18 seconds or so- which makes the 1% heal truly not worth it from parasitism. Once you're around 20-25% crit and have wrath, crits are going to be more common, for now parasitism isn't worth it)

-Madness- Death Field- Sith Efficacy- Wrath

At this point- you can take Parasitism* if you want to, or you can simply jump into another tree- personally, I'd go

Convection- Reserves- Electric Induction*- Exsanguinate*- Lightning Barrage

At this point it depends. If you're going to pvp alot- Electric Bindings- Chain Lightning- rather than Elect Induction/Exsanguin take Lightning Barrier and Subversion- then Backlash and Lightning Storm

If you're just soloing- Dark Mending is nice so you can heal when needed- Seeping Darkness for crit- Force Suffusion for 10% more DF damage.

Or- keep going up madness, Deathmark- Lingering Nightmare- Force Horrors- Creeping Death- Devour- Creeping Terror.

Ultimately- as long as you don't go corruption you'll do fine solo... though, if you go corruption, you'll have better chance with getting groups.

*- I put a star beside abilities that aren't particularly important and in general are just filler to get another ability.

• 2 months later...

I strongly recommend using lightning tree till about level 25 when you can spec into 0 cooldown FL and recover force from it. There's no real benefit to madness at low levels.

EDIT: I was sucked into the trap of thinking this was a new thread yet again :(

Edited by WaldoA

For solo leveling, as dps, getting Madness (no cd on FL) is a must.

Leveling as a healer is doable, and can go fast enough. However don't run a tank companion if you can help it, or you'll need a very good book for any pulls. But running corruption and ashara or andro works well even at later level. Throw down bubble, HoT, and add your dps to theirs, you'll have a similar team dps in short solo encounters than to those running dps and khem, if you keep your companion's gear up to date.