Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

deserttfoxx

So by this thinking, if a Cybertech creates his own BOP speeder, he should only be able to use that 3 times too, right?

::rubbish:: It's this craft's "perk", you want it, roll it. Every crew skill has something unique to the creator.

Z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So by this thinking, if a Cybertech creates his own BOP speeder, he should only be able to use that 3 times too, right?

::rubbish:: It's this craft's "perk", you want it, roll it. Every crew skill has something unique to the creator.

Z

What useful perk does armstech get?

This guy I'm quoting is the only sane person in this thread.

Why do people insist on exploiting games? And I use that term in it's full sense. There's a difference between min-maxing and exploiting. Min-maxing is finding the best case scenario and working towards it. Exploiting is finding an imbalance, and using it as much as possible.

I applaud the OP for making the thread, you actually will garner more attention for them to balance Biochem (either by making other professions more valuable for using, or by nerfing biochem).

Also, as a side note. Nerfing something isn't bad. Sure, to those who it directly affects they will feel the pain. But it's much more in-line with game balance to nerf ONE thing (in this case possibly, Biochem resuables) then it is to buff a bunch of other things. When you buff multiple things to bring it in-line with other similar things you cause a devaluation of stats.

The easiest way to think about this is that you'll find that stats get out of control easily. It's the same reason that WoW has had multiple revisions to their stat system, because rather then nerfing something and taking baby steps, they have increased values across the board. You end up with people having 10's of thousands of health...you end up having people hitting for a couple thousand damage. Rather then keeping everything at a low common denominiator you end up exponentially increasing everything until a major problem arises, then at that point action has to be taken.

TLDR: Enjoy Biochem if you have it. Don't be surprised if it gets nerfed. I don't suggest siwtching to Biochem for FOTM medpacks because it'll bite you in the butt. Nerfing isn't always bad, it brings balance which is what *most* people want.

Can't wait for when bioware comes in and states "Working as intended - craft better items noobs" and you rage all the way home.

I might be mistaken here, but biochem lvl 48 blues also persists through death too. Its lower level ones that dont persist.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/g2pdsx2

My char can make lvl 16 blue stims that persist through death, and possibly lvl 8 ones as well (not 100% sure about the latter). It's definitely not just high level stims that persist.

Btw, TORHead still has a lot of outdated info up. Take what you find there with a grain of salt. It's a good site but it's still in early days as far as accurate post-launch info goes.

Can't wait for when bioware comes in and states "Working as intended - craft better items noobs" and you rage all the way home.

Jokes on you then bub. First off, not raging. I'm kinda smirking at the amount of impotent fist shaking you and the OP are doing though. :rolleyes:

Secondly, why yes. Yes I'm enjoying my Artifice very well. My +30 endurance crystals, my +29 Strength/31 Endurance level 22 hilt. I've capped out all the top tier recipes with RE them to Artirfact level. I expect more recipes will drop in raiding.

Not sure where your snarky reply came from, but when you want to discuss the situation like a big boy come back and post something more than a one-liner. Mmmkay pumpkin? ;)

My char can make lvl 16 blue stims that persist through death, and possibly lvl 8 ones as well (not 100% sure about the latter). It's definitely not just high level stims that persist.

Btw, TORHead still has a lot of outdated info up. Take what you find there with a grain of salt. It's a good site but it's still in early days as far as accurate post-launch info goes.

Im not at the game now, but i'm pretty sure i made lvl 16 stims that didnt persist through death a while before because that called my attention particularly.

Yet i'm almost sure high level ones do (again, i dont have a computer now).

Unless that was changed in a patch, there is at least one blue low level stim that didnt persist through death.

Ok, so why so much hate towards biochem guys ? Bored at work ? :rolleyes:

Everyone here did their homework about how things work in this game?

Biochem crafters trade easy $ from slicing/cool epic armours/ epic weapons/ crystals,mods and

->Cybertech REUSABLE AOE CC BOMBS, epic mounts and loads of fun items:)<-

for:

... free heal every 90 sec, that only counts in open pvp 1v1 /2v2 becouse in wz it doesnt make ANY differance in the long run. Every one can buy non-reusable version from vendor.

Also, till level 50, reusable healing potions are useless, they are to weak compared to pvp potions and health boost from wz.

(2k-3k heal is equal to normal heal from any healing spell in wz's)

PVP potions from daily q are better than most potions till rakata meds(and i dont know anyone so far who got em).

...Adrenal Stims ? U lost a duel becouse someone got (for instance) 5% crit every 3 min for 15 sec... 580 seems alot... but at 50 lvl its around 14% crit for 15 sec ...GAME BREAKING...U did check relic's uses and stats it can give?

...Stat Stim boost (just like wows flasks)

Differance is around 30-50 damage on skill :cool:

Test it Yourself then please call for nerfs. Theyll come anyway...:D

Amen..

Armortech - same as above, anything a armortech can make (even via BoP schematics found in HM flashpoints) are far outclassed. Throw armortechs a bone here; give them craftable 130~+ rating stuff that requires operations/HM flashpoint items

Synthweaving - same problems as armortech, same possible solution.

I'm not calling for a nerf for Biochem really, BW just needs to show some love for the other crew skills.

This is where you are wrong, I've crafted Rakata Bracers and Belt have both of them as exceptional pieces which gives an augment slot and they are BiS Items(T3 PvE gear with an augment slot), This is THE BEST IN SLOT with an augment from snythweaving. I only assume that armor tech can also make Rakata counter parts for non force users.

Eh...you could yknoe...just buy tons of useable adrenals and blue stims o.o

If only I could find a decent crafter of it, I would totally buy tons of blue stims and adrenals but alas..I cant find any. Which is why I just made an alt with biochem/bioanalysis/slicing to provide me the consumales I need.

We should nerf the entire game - Everything is OP; Anything that works is OP; Anything that is enjoyable is OP; even my annoying droid on my spaceship is OP. How about we just use bows and arrows - no wait, some QQ'er would say that the bow string is OP.

You ppl really need to just relax already, the game is broken enough as it is;

most of the nodes still don't work

CS doesn't give you the light of day, of jeez, what CS

Quest lines are bugged

There are so many bugs, I thought I saw some walk across my screen last night...

If you want to nerf stuff - how about we wait until we get the "real" problems sorted out first then you can QQ about how the other guy has shoes that are shinier than yours...

i would be happy if they took the biochem restriction off those reusable packs. you know how much money i could make. make slicing look like a poor mans crafting skill then. it is balanced because you cant sell those items, unless it is to another biochem guy. me and a guy in our guild just pooled all of our mats and i make him the reusables and he just levels his biochem enough to get to the next reusable while i get all his extra mats. biochem would be a good money maker if those reusables could be used by anyone. as it is, just a money sink with some good benefits.

So instead of making the rest of the crew skills much more usefull devs should nerf the only one that works fine...

Games like this MUST MOVE FORWARD and definitely nerfing something that is ok just to bring it on par with other broken things is not the way for it.

Make cybertech be able to craft the best mods in-game and make them cybertech req jsut like biochem is right now.

Do the same with armor and weapon crafting and let it be the end of it.

i would be happy if they took the biochem restriction off those reusable packs. you know how much money i could make. make slicing look like a poor mans crafting skill then. it is balanced because you cant sell those items, unless it is to another biochem guy. me and a guy in our guild just pooled all of our mats and i make him the reusables and he just levels his biochem enough to get to the next reusable while i get all his extra mats. biochem would be a good money maker if those reusables could be used by anyone. as it is, just a money sink with some good benefits.

If they took off the restriction on the reusable, you will make a large amount of money in the beginning. Then everyone will have them and what else will you sell?

Just sell the consumables. When I had biochem, I had a LOT of regular buyers of stims and med units o.o

ITT: still-enraged slicers looking to share the misery of not being able to exploit.

Ever look at the components those purples require in order to craft? It's basically raid gear people. Of course you're going to pick the very end of the line best stat gear to hold up as being OP.

And if you really boil it down, the cost and time required to level to 400, AND get the mats, AND buy the recipe (35k, somewhere near there?) you could set yourself up with consumable stims from 1-50. They are dirt cheap. I know, I sell them for dirt cheap.

Ever look at the components those purples require in order to craft? It's basically raid gear people. Of course you're going to pick the very end of the line best stat gear to hold up as being OP.

Actually, I was able to craft all three Rakatas after 3 days of hard mode BT and FE.

My suggestion is to remove the Biochem requirement on non-Rakata reusables. Might gut the stim/adrenal market, but Biochem can always still sell implants.

Ok... Here's the thing. I'm a biochem, but I didn't go that for myself. I went for my guild.

Now, it's annoying to not be able to pass out reusable stims, but the funny thing I noticed is that the blue ones are actually BETTER than the reusable ones. This is where is evens out. As a biochem, I will never use a blue stim, because I am addicted to constantly having myself stimmed up. But my guildmates will have a larger boost when we do raids/ PvP/ endgame PvE than me becasue I will make them blue stims/ lvl 400 purples (which are better) because that's my job. They supply me some operating money, I spend all my time getting excess supplies to have stims that are better than what I use. They will be better off than me.

As long as you have a dedicated crafter in the guild (or a few) who you supply with money from time to time, you will be better off than any Biochem user under most circumstances.

Edited by BlindingShadow

Biochem requires biochem 400 to use the items.

I didnt say it was a bug or a glitch dude read, it gives 585 to any stat you decide to make. do you not understand how much of a buff that is? Clearly you dont because you dont.

And its permanent, this is a balance thing, not a bug or a glitch report.

You can make the items and drop Biochem. I did and still use my stim, adrenal and medpac

MMO today -> find the most broken side of the game as fast as possible and exploit as much as possible before the developers notice. Repeat ad naseum.

Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come.

MMO today -> whining until everything is nerfed and then act superior about it like you are the angel of death casting judgement "Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come". You crack me up.