KOTFE & outlander

Syal

Hi there,

am wondering about something and the outlander we play in KOTFE.

I read somewhere that when we start KOTFE we play an outlander with which one we know nothing about its past.

but, I played KOTFE with my sentinel (with which one i have done the class quest + Rise of the Hutt Cartel & Shadow of Revan).

during the story lana come to save me after 5 years in carbonit but my personnage remember all what he did in its past (saved galaxies twice from emperor destruction, compagnions as t7). So, am wondering, is the outlander with no "past" is for player character who start KOTFE directly ?

Edited by Syal

If you're playing with a character who already has completed everything don't worry, your choices will already be set and be remembered in some cases such as romances when you start KOTFE. However if you do indeed use one of the Outlander tokens for either KOTFE or KOTET you'll jump-start to either expansion sure, but your character's decision will have already been taken for you, I'm not sure what the "default" choices are for each class but someone correct me if I'm mistaken it's LS for republic classes DS for Imperial classes. Edited by FlameYOL

If you're playing with a character who already has completed everything don't worry, your choices will already be set and be remembered in some cases such as romances when you start KOTFE. However if you do indeed use one of the Outlander tokens for either KOTFE or KOTET you'll jump-start to either expansion sure, but your character's decision will have already been taken for you, I'm not sure what the "default" choices are for each class but someone correct me if I'm mistaken it's LS for republic classes DS for Imperial classes.

I made an Inquisitor from the token and got flagged as 'Darth Imperious' by the greeter on Marr's ship ...so unless she got it wrong ... then the Inquisitor is influenced by the LS.

I read somewhere that when we start KOTFE we play an outlander with which one we know nothing about its past.

As you learned, whoever wrote that is wrong. You are an "outlander" because you are not from Zakuul, which is fair enough, because you *aren't* from Zakuul.(1) (The English word "outlander" means nothing more and nothing less than "foreigner", although it carries a sense of "foreigner who has come to our territory" rather than "foreigner who is in his home (foreign) country".(2)

but, I played KOTFE with my sentinel (with which one i have done the class quest + Rise of the Hutt Cartel & Shadow of Revan).

during the story lana come to save me after 5 years in carbonit but my personnage remember all what he did in its past (saved galaxies twice from emperor destruction, compagnions as t7). So, am wondering, is the outlander with no "past" is for player character who start KOTFE directly ?

No. Whoever said that was just plain wrong. A character that you create with an "outlander" token to start at level 60 has merely skipped over the choices available in the previous content, and the writers made all those choices for you. Each "base" class has its own list of class-story choices available, and the writers chose one set for each class.

(1) SWTOR isn't the only game where one group of NPCs calls you "Commander" and another calls you "Outlander". I was very surprised when I played the first preview weekend of Guild Wars 2's Path of Fire expansion, and in addition to my allies from back home calling me "Commander" (which they've been doing ever since I played the level 60 stage of the game's "Personal Story" - equivalent to partway through Chapter Three of the basic SWTOR class story - my foes and allies native to Elona were all calling me "Outlander". It startled me.

(2) In that sense, I'm an outlander myself. I'm English, and I live in France. In fact, in total, I've spent a third of my life being an outlander.

I made an Inquisitor from the token and got flagged as 'Darth Imperious' by the greeter on Marr's ship ...so unless she got it wrong ... then the Inquisitor is influenced by the LS.

The "Outlander token" Inquisitor is, indeed, a neutral Darth Imperius. Captain Fora does know what she's talking about, but it's rather strange that a neutral (brand new character that's done nothing, therefore neutral) Inquisitor is considered to be the LS-only version.