Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there no option to amicably part ways with Lana?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there no option to amicably part ways with Lana?

Dracofish
12.18.2018 , 08:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
No one worried about my heart when they decided to campaign against Quinn and ultimately bump him off in the stupidest way possible, ten years after the fact when it made no sense. Where were people's hearts then? Oh yeah, they didn't have one because it wasn't someone that mattered to them. It was all kill kill kill kill Quinn! No one worried about me or the countless Quinn fans that didn't want their companion bricked.

I have no heart and I'm not progressive then. I don't care. Whoop dee do. *bored finger twirl*. I don't see why one companion is held aloft like a golden trophy above all others and can't be killed or touched or gently sent away or even put on a bloody vacation for once (which is actually what I preferred), while the rest can go suck it and die, never to speak again. If I had my way the Quinnhaters wouldn't have gotten their way and started all this crap. Everyone would have their LI and their LI would show up either as part of a story cutscene, or an individual alert so that there is a presence. Hell, we don't even get a proper letter. Buy hey, zomg, Lana can't go not even on a brief vacation, cause zomg, the Lana....oh noes. We loves her. The rest of us can languish in brick land with our voiceless pixels.
/\ /\

Not even a letter. Nothing.

"But, but BioWare said they had hopes of giving old companions new content...!" But, but nothing. Bullspit. They're saying what we want to hear so we shut up. Those companions are gone. They bricked Theron...you think they're going to give new content to Quinn? Or Andronikos? Or...any of the past love interests who are nothing more than hood ornaments?

We have Lana. Apparently that's all we need, even if it makes no sense in the story. I like her just fine as a character, but even I'm at my last rope with her being shoved to the forefront over every other character after the last update. We get a "Be good, kbye..." from Theron and that's it. Despite his being a founding member of the Alliance. That's right. He was just as integral to the inner workings of the Alliance as Lana. But nope. He dun care apparently. And nothing from anybody else...not even a placeholder, unvoiced hug. Nothing.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Suzsi
12.18.2018 , 08:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
They never said Quinn-haters were cruel for railing against him existing in the game. They gave them a kill scene just because. They never said Koth-haters were cruel for not wanting him around, they let us chase him off and kill instead. Hell they even caved to those who wanted Theron gone. Kaliyo gone too so it's not a males only thing. but Lana? why's she suddenly so special and why's it cruel all of a sudden?

I ask that as someone who likes Lana and doesn't want her gone, but wants her to step back and let some other characters, preferably class story LI's at the very least, have some limelight and scenes for a little bit. There really is such a thing as too much of one character and I don't need her removed from my game, just request a different npc takes over for a bit, or a few of them to have a break from her.
Male gamers have always been favored over female gamers.

Case and point- You get to fight with Nadia on Ossus but not Doc.
Lana gets 2 romance scenes whilst Theron gets one.
Theron, Aric, Torian, Koth, Quinn and Arcann all have kill options on their heads whilst only Vette and Kaliyo do for the guys.
Some of the vanilla class stories have 2 romance options for the guys. For us girls we get one in each, no, im not counting pierces one night stand and Tharan ditching us for holiday.
F/F until recently only had one option, Lana whilst M/M had 2, throughout all of KotFE and KoTET.
Until Arcann we had no force user romance option.
We still at this point only have one non-human option.

I could go onto other bioware games to but this list alone is getting long enough.

Female players always have and always will get shafted in bioware games.

SithKoriandr
12.18.2018 , 09:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
No one worried about my heart when they decided to campaign against Quinn and ultimately bump him off in the stupidest way possible, ten years after the fact when it made no sense. Where were people's hearts then? Oh yeah, they didn't have one because it wasn't someone that mattered to them. It was all kill kill kill kill Quinn! No one worried about me or the countless Quinn fans that didn't want their companion bricked.

I have no heart and I'm not progressive then. I don't care. Whoop dee do. *bored finger twirl*. I don't see why one companion is held aloft like a golden trophy above all others and can't be killed or touched or gently sent away or even put on a bloody vacation for once (which is actually what I preferred), while the rest can go suck it and die, never to speak again. If I had my way the Quinnhaters wouldn't have gotten their way and started all this crap. Everyone would have their LI and their LI would show up either as part of a story cutscene, or an individual alert so that there is a presence. Hell, we don't even get a proper letter. Buy hey, zomg, Lana can't go not even on a brief vacation, cause zomg, the Lana....oh noes. We loves her. The rest of us can languish in brick land with our voiceless pixels.
Not about being a golden trophy.

It's about not being an eye for an eye and making the whole world blind.

It's just that the people going, "Mine had a kill option so all should have a kill option" makes them some really pathetically sad people, when they want to do unto others what they whined about happening to them.

What's being said now, is give a kill option for Scourge, Kira, Tharan, Zenith (all companions that haven't returned) because someone lost a companion they liked more.

Do people really want to see none of these companions anymore? Just new faces every single new storyline, never to see a familiar face again, because people were so deplorable that they would want that?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

SithKoriandr
12.18.2018 , 09:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. The Devs have said again and again that the Kill Option does NOT mean that the Comp will never get more content. Khem Val is an appropriate example. Also...

Vector has had no new content,

T7 just got one letter if you side Imp.

Blizz no new content

Qyzen no new content

Star Fortress Comps no new content

Bowdarr no new content

Mako no new content

Corso no new content

Guss no new content

Rusk no new content

Yunn no new content

M4 no new content

Pierce no new content

Need I go on? You can scream all you want about how we're cruel and want to ruin your game but it isn't true.
AA Companions may never be recruited, so they can't do more content with them, as some might not have them.

Pierce requires PvP to obtain as does M4.

Everyone does have to get Yunn, but does one even need to do Yunn's mission to advance the story?

Vector is Agent only (so bricked there).

SF Companions never had much of anything, may as well say "Why doesn't my companion pet have screen time?"

T7 though, you're right. Where's T7? Talk about easy to throw into any cut scene without them speaking and everyone would him.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Suzsi
12.18.2018 , 09:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post

It's just that the people going, "Mine had a kill option so all should have a kill option" makes them some really pathetically sad people, when they want to do unto others what they whined about happening to them.

What's being said now, is give a kill option for Scourge, Kira, Tharan, Zenith (all companions that haven't returned) because someone lost a companion they liked more.

Do people really want to see none of these companions anymore? Just new faces every single new storyline, never to see a familiar face again, because people were so deplorable that they would want that?
Female gamers have every reason to be bitter, every one of our LIs killed off 95% of the call out was from male players, maybe we want them to get a taste of what its like to be on Biowares crappy side of the romance wall for a change.

Lunafox
12.18.2018 , 09:21 PM | #26

Why yes, colour me pathetically sad. Why? Because my companion hasn't said a peep since Iokath. Or my other companion favorite doesn't get to participate in an Alliance he helped build. Or the others that get killed off or silenced. So yes, I hereby declare myself pathetically sad for my lost companions and lost game enjoyment, and for those other unfortunate pathetically sad people who lost theirs too. You can call me whatever you want, (heck I'll do it myself and save ya'll the trouble, evil, spiteful, pathetic, simpering, hateful, uncaring, heartless or non progressive Lana disliker.) I don't give a crap .

You think you're going to throw Scourge in my face and I'm going to cower down and see it your way? Nope. Bugger it, give them all kill options, fair is fair right? Do that and Kill Lana (bugger the vacation, I was trying to be nice) and kill Ashara especially. Because in the end, you'll get your way, because you adore The Lana, precious untouchable, unvacationable darling of Bioware. Enjoy her for however long it lasts because I won't be the only one pulling a sub.

What I want to see is a chance for all the LIs to play a part, even if it's just a brief Alert to have a few words about the mission, some tenderness or concerns, or even enjoy a celebratory moment alone with them after a mission well done. I'd like to see Theron actually give a mission about which he's an expert in like the SIS and his good friend Gnost-Dural for those who kept him alive. For those that didn't, well, give them an alert with the golden goose.

And on that note, I'm going to go bake some evil spiteful peanut butter cookies. Ta.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Dracofish
12.18.2018 , 09:28 PM | #27

I want to see them all. But instead, all I see is Lana.

I know it's okay and all to be hopeful that when Scourge, Kira, Tharan, and Zenith are returned they'll have content, but let's be realistic here. They won't. They won't have anything beyond a class-locked alert, and then after those one-hundred-and-twenty-seconds of pointless blubber about how they were gone despite not making a lick of sense, we'll never hear from them again.

I don't want to see any companions killed. I never wanted to see any companions killed. But I will say that it's absolute buillspit that all we see is Lana, and that some may have a point in saying that if Lana -were- to have an exile/goodbye/whathaveyou-button over her head, BioWare might be forced into giving content to more than just a single companion. That perhaps she would get content for people who have her. Theron might get content for people who have him. We know they can do it. They did it in KOTET for those who killed Arcann. But now they're just going the lazy route and shoving a single companion down everybody's throats because she's the only one who can't be dead/exiled for everybody across the board. See where I'm going here?
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

JakRoanin
12.18.2018 , 09:38 PM | #28
AA Companions may never be recruited, so they can't do more content with them, as some might not have them.

Everyone does have to get Yunn, but does one even need to do Yunn's mission to advance the story?

SF Companions never had much of anything, may as well say "Why doesn't my companion pet have screen time?"

T7 though, you're right. Where's T7? Talk about easy to throw into any cut scene without them speaking and everyone would him.
Dismissing the points I made and calling people cruel, homophobic, etc... Makes Lana worse to some of us. Originally, my dislike was based on how badly she reacted to my choices. Now I'm starting to hate her because of how you and others treat people who don't like her. It's you who are cruel and offensive.

Damask_Rose
12.18.2018 , 10:17 PM | #29

Here's the deal. Just because they are an AA doesn't mean they can't be used in story content. Just because they are class locked now, doesn't mean they can't be introduced to everyone later. An npc doesn't have to be a companion to be used in the story. There is absolutely nothing stopping those characters from being used beyond the writers' willingness to do so. Everything you listed as an objection are artificial barriers that can be overcome by a minute or two of conversation for the people who didn't recruit them.

And FYI, everyone has an alive and well Temple, yet she is still bricked too.

Nefla
12.18.2018 , 10:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Minor nitpick ... Leliana was only a love interest in DAO. She was not one in DA2 or DAI.
I didn't say she was a love interest in DA2 or DA:I. She was a love interest and introduced in DA:O and gained plot armor and special status in DA2 and DA:I

Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Because there's no way to part amicably with anyone? Apart from being able to decline certain Alliance Alert companions, I can't think of any companions we can tell to leave, politely or otherwise. Which is a shame. It's always either a case of don't recruit in the first place, put a lightsaber through, or rudely tell them to get lost.
You can tell Kaliyo, Jorgan, and Theron to leave without killing them

So, you made another get rid of Lana thread, but want to say, do it nicely?

It's still the same problems people whine about with the other companions. Have an option to get rid of the companion, and we don't see them anymore.

So, it goes back to, you complained about this happening to a fave companion of yours, and want to do it to other players?

You want to inflict your pain on others? Not very progressive of you. Open your heart. You don't have to like the companion, but do you really want to be so reactionary?
This is the first "get rid of Lana" thread I've made. I don't care if it's "progressive," my game is significantly worse because of her constant presence. If BioWare gets their act together and writes options for characters that have a death or dismiss option then it will be the same for Lana, no problem for you. If not, I'm going to campaign for MY enjoyment(not having a character I hate shoved down my throat) over YOUR enjoyment(your companion getting special treatment) any day of the week.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
/\ /\

Not even a letter. Nothing.

"But, but BioWare said they had hopes of giving old companions new content...!" But, but nothing. Bullspit. They're saying what we want to hear so we shut up. Those companions are gone. They bricked Theron...you think they're going to give new content to Quinn? Or Andronikos? Or...any of the past love interests who are nothing more than hood ornaments?

We have Lana. Apparently that's all we need, even if it makes no sense in the story. I like her just fine as a character, but even I'm at my last rope with her being shoved to the forefront over every other character after the last update. We get a "Be good, kbye..." from Theron and that's it. Despite his being a founding member of the Alliance. That's right. He was just as integral to the inner workings of the Alliance as Lana. But nope. He dun care apparently. And nothing from anybody else...not even a placeholder, unvoiced hug. Nothing.
^This. I have given up all hope that we're going to get any content for previously bricked companions and that at best we might get a token scrap here and there for Theron but nothing from any other non-Lana companion. More likely Theron will join Arcann in full brick-land from now on. Any reunions with characters like Kira and Scourge will be brief and they'll be added to the brick pile. I think we have enough bricks to start building a castle by now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Male gamers have always been favored over female gamers.

Case and point- You get to fight with Nadia on Ossus but not Doc.
Lana gets 2 romance scenes whilst Theron gets one.
Theron, Aric, Torian, Koth, Quinn and Arcann all have kill options on their heads whilst only Vette and Kaliyo do for the guys.
Some of the vanilla class stories have 2 romance options for the guys. For us girls we get one in each, no, im not counting pierces one night stand and Tharan ditching us for holiday.
F/F until recently only had one option, Lana whilst M/M had 2, throughout all of KotFE and KoTET.
Until Arcann we had no force user romance option.
We still at this point only have one non-human option.

I could go onto other bioware games to but this list alone is getting long enough.

Female players always have and always will get shafted in bioware games.
Agreed. Don't forget the betrayals too: Anders, Solas, Quinn, it's almost always male love interests.