Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there no option to amicably part ways with Lana?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there no option to amicably part ways with Lana?

Nefla
12.18.2018 , 06:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
I don't mind having the option to part with any companions, either amicably or otherwise, but I will say that Bioware makes this game, they also made the Mass Effect trilogy, a story in which Liara had the thickest plot armor ever. Maybe they have big plans for Lana?

Disclosure: I happen to like the character Lana quite a bit, but I can understand the angst for players who do not.
I always say if she's a female, BioWare love interest whose name starts with L and ends with A, better watch out cause she's gonna be the writer's pet and have plot armor. (Liara, Lana, Leliana in DA2 and DA:I) lol

Lunafox
12.18.2018 , 06:49 PM | #12
I'd be happy if she'd go on vacation or something (it doesn't even have to be forever, just a while...see I'm reasonable ), just anything that allows Theron to give some quests, like he should've in terms of being the one to talk to the SIS and arranging everything in 5.10, because he is the one who was SIS and is friends with Jonas for crying out loud. He was also the one who knows Gnost-Dural.

The romantic walk should've been with Theron for those who romanced him. Or both, give the PC their moment with Theron (if romanced) or whoever they romanced for that matter and Lana interrupts with mission crap (she usually does anyway). For those who romanced her, they can keep their walk and talk with her. I just don't want her to be the one in my face all the time.

I'd be happy if she stays out of my room, stops hovering over my sick bed, isn't the one to rescue me for once and stops looking at me like 'zomg I'm so scared for you, what will I do if you go away' when she's not my romance partner. That stuff is for Theron to do. Or Quinn. Or anyone romanced.

The devs need to stop assuming everyone wants and loves Lana and that she should be the one in any default tender moment; different strokes for different folks and all that.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Pscyon
12.18.2018 , 07:57 PM | #13
Because there's no way to part amicably with anyone? Apart from being able to decline certain Alliance Alert companions, I can't think of any companions we can tell to leave, politely or otherwise. Which is a shame. It's always either a case of don't recruit in the first place, put a lightsaber through, or rudely tell them to get lost.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

SithKoriandr
12.18.2018 , 08:07 PM | #14
So, you made another get rid of Lana thread, but want to say, do it nicely?

It's still the same problems people whine about with the other companions. Have an option to get rid of the companion, and we don't see them anymore.

So, it goes back to, you complained about this happening to a fave companion of yours, and want to do it to other players?

You want to inflict your pain on others? Not very progressive of you. Open your heart. You don't have to like the companion, but do you really want to be so reactionary?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

JakRoanin
12.18.2018 , 08:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Because there's no way to part amicably with anyone? Apart from being able to decline certain Alliance Alert companions, I can't think of any companions we can tell to leave, politely or otherwise. Which is a shame. It's always either a case of don't recruit in the first place, put a lightsaber through, or rudely tell them to get lost.
You can tell Kalyio and Jorgan to leave it may not be a sweet parting but you don't have to kill them!

I don't see what's so terrible about telling someone to take a hike. We are not Wookiees we don't owe Lana a Life Debt. I've only killed Broomark because it's forced, and Vaylin Kills Torian. Otherwise, my record is banish or imprison. I can't even bring myself to kill Skadge for cryin' out loud. Saresh who really deserves it is in the jail. I'm not a killer type of player, never have been.

However, I do think its important for your Comps to make sense in the story. In the Vanilla Game we had to put up with people like Kalyio, Skadge, and Vic, because the Quest Giver demanded it. Now, though Lana is both Quest Giver and MAIN COMP, that's not fair!

MikeCobalt
12.18.2018 , 08:18 PM | #16
I think this Issue (Lana) has already been decided and were just now seeing the first parts in action (Tau, Malora possibly the others). BW surely isn't getting More money then they had before but they sure do keep adding the WAIFU's; If they didn't have enough for the NPCs before then now with even more newer, faction, less generic characters Lana would not be "In the Budget", Pay for Lana that some are already forming the LynchMobs and lighting the torchs? or pay for Two Brand New passionate WAIFU's??

Lana at best returns to the Empire possibly a recurring liaison and the new quest givers take over. Any way it goes, I believe the introduction of even more characters closer to the players drive is the first step to Lana's end.

Lunafox
12.18.2018 , 08:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
So, you made another get rid of Lana thread, but want to say, do it nicely?

It's still the same problems people whine about with the other companions. Have an option to get rid of the companion, and we don't see them anymore.

So, it goes back to, you complained about this happening to a fave companion of yours, and want to do it to other players?

You want to inflict your pain on others? Not very progressive of you. Open your heart. You don't have to like the companion, but do you really want to be so reactionary?
No one worried about my heart when they decided to campaign against Quinn and ultimately bump him off in the stupidest way possible, ten years after the fact when it made no sense. Where were people's hearts then? Oh yeah, they didn't have one because it wasn't someone that mattered to them. It was all kill kill kill kill Quinn! No one worried about me or the countless Quinn fans that didn't want their companion bricked.

I have no heart and I'm not progressive then. I don't care. Whoop dee do. *bored finger twirl*. I don't see why one companion is held aloft like a golden trophy above all others and can't be killed or touched or gently sent away or even put on a bloody vacation for once (which is actually what I preferred), while the rest can go suck it and die, never to speak again. If I had my way the Quinnhaters wouldn't have gotten their way and started all this crap. Everyone would have their LI and their LI would show up either as part of a story cutscene, or an individual alert so that there is a presence. Hell, we don't even get a proper letter. Buy hey, zomg, Lana can't go not even on a brief vacation, cause zomg, the Lana....oh noes. We loves her. The rest of us can languish in brick land with our voiceless pixels.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Elessara
12.18.2018 , 08:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
I always say if she's a female, BioWare love interest whose name starts with L and ends with A, better watch out cause she's gonna be the writer's pet and have plot armor. (Liara, Lana, Leliana in DA2 and DA:I) lol
Minor nitpick ... Leliana was only a love interest in DAO. She was not one in DA2 or DAI.

JakRoanin
12.18.2018 , 08:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. The Devs have said again and again that the Kill Option does NOT mean that the Comp will never get more content. Khem Val is an appropriate example. Also...

Vector has had no new content,

T7 just got one letter if you side Imp.

Blizz no new content

Qyzen no new content

Star Fortress Comps no new content

Bowdarr no new content

Mako no new content

Corso no new content

Guss no new content

Rusk no new content

Yunn no new content

M4 no new content

Pierce no new content

Need I go on? You can scream all you want about how we're cruel and want to ruin your game but it isn't true.

Asmodesu
12.18.2018 , 08:39 PM | #20
They never said Quinn-haters were cruel for railing against him existing in the game. They gave them a kill scene just because. They never said Koth-haters were cruel for not wanting him around, they let us chase him off and kill instead. Hell they even caved to those who wanted Theron gone. Kaliyo gone too so it's not a males only thing. but Lana? why's she suddenly so special and why's it cruel all of a sudden?

I ask that as someone who likes Lana and doesn't want her gone, but wants her to step back and let some other characters, preferably class story LI's at the very least, have some limelight and scenes for a little bit. There really is such a thing as too much of one character and I don't need her removed from my game, just request a different npc takes over for a bit, or a few of them to have a break from her.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath