Romance gone bad?

rubysaphire

Soo I never seen a romance in an mmo before, intriguing it is, I started playing a female BH that gets Torian as my third companion. I had no clue I was suppose to flirt with him and I completely thought he was for mako especially after what happen with her childhood friend. Mako who is my right arm confess that she likes him and asked me about it I did not speak up about liking him too. Problem is I like him a lot! And I want the romance to work. How do I get it going after not initiating it in the 1st place?????? I tried buying him courting tokens of my affection to which are useless and get me no points. :o I really really like him .... Help

Okay ... first off, your title of the post now had Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" ringing in my head. :csw_jabbapet:

Back to your question; if you need to know what tokens/gifts your companion(s) like, check out either swtor-spy.com or torhead.com for the info. They will tell you which companion likes what better.

The more you build up the affection with the companion in question, the more you'll access loyalty quests and convo's.

You will not start the romance quickly, usually you can kiss him/her later in the game (about the end of chapter 1-2). You will probably not miss it. Even if you avoid flirting (ofc, I suggest you to stick with the [flirt] options).

I have a woman IA, and was romanced by vector. I didn't want to romance him, so I avoided the [flirt] option, and mentioned him several time I was not interested. He still wanted to kiss me later in the game...

Sound more difficult to avoid the romance than to have it.

I'm just glad that Torian's wasn't the first romance I did. It *is* confusing having Mako basically claim him for herself.. and then nothing is said about it again. At least not for me. I went ahead and flirted with him anyway because the last time I avoided flirts it shut the romance off permanently - gifts or no gifts.

I kept waiting for a mission from Mako explaining that things didn't work out between them but it never came. In real life, if I went full on seducing a guy that I knew my friend liked, I'd be a horrible friend. In this story it's: Mako likes him, then I steal him, and everyone is happy.

I don't know whether or not the romance is still available to you, I certainly hope it is. Just keep in mind, for the future, that if you miss too many flirts, sometimes you can't get them back.

Weird, I never knew Mako could have any sort of romance with Torian until I read it here on the forums. My own Bounty Hunter went for every flirt with Torian so fast it might've made his head spin. Hey, my first real interaction with him was a flirt involving tossing him over my shoulder so that he laid on the ground, grunting, "I deserved that." It was awesome! Think my girl fell for him right then and there.

• 2 months later...
I started a Female Jedi Sentinel a while back whom I am turning bad and as a Dark Jedi 'Mistress'. I've been choosing all the 'negative' dialogue options and did so early with Kira. I am currently @ level 27 and wondering if I am still able to 'flirt' or romance with Kira after being ******y to her and treating her like $#!+ ? i still give her as much courting & luxury gifts to fill up her affection bar. Is it all for not?

Unfortunately, there is a point at which you've missed your window of opportunity. If that is the case, your only option at the moment is to reroll the character to start the romance again. However, I'd wait on that for a couple more conversations to pop up with good ole' Torian. If there are flirts, take them.

I myself didn't romance Torian, but I know I had flirt options for a few conversations...

One where he mentioned that I have good aim, one with him offering to make me dinner, one where he says something about having a new shot to show me, and one where he offered to teach me Mandalorian. I think either the Mandalorian one or the new shot to show you one was the last that any flirts showed up in, so if you've gone past that you are likely past the point of no return.

Here's a simple rule to live by if you want to romance your LI.

FLIRT.

Don't RP with them. Don't make fun of them. Don't be sarcastic and don't turn down any flirts.

Some companions don't mind if you don't flirt 100% of the time, but some do.

Andronikos is one of those that requires you to kiss his butt and make him happy.

Doc is one of those that WANTS you to flirt with him.

So, if you want your LI, flirt flirt FLIRT. Don't skip them. Don't be all 'well, she's being too aggressive'. Screw that! FLIRT! Be an aggressive female character.

Now, if you DON'T want your LI to be your husband/wife. Don't flirt at all. Don't tease the LI. Basically, never touch a single flirt.

In this game FLIRT=I want to have sex with you, marry you and have kids with you! (Even if you flirt one time, the LI believes this)

In this game FLIRT=I want to have sex with you, marry you and have kids with you! (Even if you flirt one time, the LI believes this)

thank goodness that doesnt happen irl ( well, theres stalkers, but still)

i swear that this game has made me a horrible flirt too irl -.-

sometimes im a;; " omg did i just say that?!"

I've never seen the Mako/Torian thing, probably because I flirted with Torian as soon as I could. (dat voice! :cool: )

From what I've read, Mako only expresses interest if you never flirted with Torian before he joins you? If that's right, you still have tons of opportunities to flirt with him during his convos before you're locked out completely. I've heard of people who let the Torian/Mako thing play out, eventually they break up, and they take Torian or Mako for themselves. I'm assuming they didn't go through any of Mako/Torian's conversations before then, like I said I've never done it.

Speaking of, has anyone ever seen a YouTube video of the whole Mako/Torian romance? I'd like to see it, but I'm not doing it! (maybe with a male BH, we'll see...)

thank goodness that doesnt happen irl ( well, theres stalkers, but still)

i swear that this game has made me a horrible flirt too irl -.-

sometimes im a;; " omg did i just say that?!"

I'm a horrible flirt on the internet. >.> Heck, just yesterday I was teasing one of the guys in my ops group, he kept giving me funny looks. :D To quote FemAgent: "I can't help it if people fall at my feet."

I started a Female Jedi Sentinel a while back whom I am turning bad and as a Dark Jedi 'Mistress'. I've been choosing all the 'negative' dialogue options and did so early with Kira. I am currently @ level 27 and wondering if I am still able to 'flirt' or romance with Kira after being ******y to her and treating her like $#!+ ? i still give her as much courting & luxury gifts to fill up her affection bar. Is it all for not?

It all depends on the gifts she likes. For example, Mako likes technology, Quinn likes Imperial History, Qyzen likes trophies.

Also, same gender romance is still not an option.. :)