Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo... no more knockback on my Merc because of PvP?

Gee, thanks. I had tons of fun throwing mobs over ledges, but now that won't happen because PvP baddies cried.

Brilliant!

:rolleyes:

totally agree with you there. was always nice to knock a enemies away from my sage when they run up behind me in a fight. don't really understand why this is necessary.

I'm a little bummed that the resolve system is still in place, but i'll have to play it before I can bash it. The mechanics changes look interesting, I look forward to seeing how it plays out. Did we get a timeline for 1.4 drop? I haven't seen any other than most thinking September as indicated last month.

Wait, after reading this again, they are actually making what most people complain about with resolve-the stun lock and failure of the resolve system- even worse! I bit more upset, hoping its better than they are saying, cause if i'm reading it right, I'm not going to pvp anymore. Heals get locked enough, now they chain lock even better, nice.

Edited by Elarwen

Sooo... no more knockback on my Merc because of PvP?

Gee, thanks. I had tons of fun throwing mobs over ledges, but now that won't happen because PvP baddies cried.

Brilliant!

:rolleyes:

We are getting a 30 meter interrupt and no range nerf to our CC. You should be offering a goat in sacrifice, not complaining.

Edited by TripleDaddy

You are kidding me with the resolve change right? That is the complete opposite of the problem that folks complain about. Why would you cater your change to a pick up group situation? All that is going to do is make being stun locked that much easier, at least that's how it sounds.

Stun =/= fun

Hm this post is back-dated to the 31st for some reason, for me at least.

I'm not a huge fan of the force wave changes - knocking them forward is not going to help me get away from them necessarily - but will give me the separation which I use it for anyway. But what I really liked using force wave for was the ability to knock people to my side and back away from me (usually off a bridge or something like in hutt ball). Also knocking people backwards while chasing me - I guess I can be a little more careful and just turn towards them before casting than resume running.

Anyway, I think the other changes compensate for the slight nerf to force wave - the stun and root breaks are, honestly, pretty OP for things like huttball - but should help drastically against those annoying chain stunners (which seem to also be getting a change anyway...). Also having a lower cooldown on force speed is pretty awesome; I always found myself needing an extra couple seconds before I could cast a second time in most solo fights, now I should have plenty of time for the second.

One of my current biggest gripes, though, is how badly certain classes could kill me - I think it is marauders in particular that just seem OP - they have 2-4 things that hit me for 5k+ despite me having 1300 expertise. I can get 2 to force leap me and die very very quickly.

Edited by Nibbon

"Jet Boost and Concussion Charge behave similarly, but they are limited to the Mercenary and Commando. Changing them has a less effective impact on the game, and those Advanced Classes play better with a stronger ability on a longer cooldown."

Reading is hard.

We are also getting a 30 meter interrupt and no range nerf to our CC. You should be offering a goat in sacrifice, not complaining.

Absolutely

I play a Sage.

I liked having Force Wave completely surround me. It has always been pretty easy to walk to where I needed to be.

I don't PvP, but I played healing Priest in WoW, which is the same class (where's that "twist on healing" Jake Neri talked about?). And these PvP buffs sound critical for the ability to escape.

I'm not happy that you nerfed Force Stun for PvP at all.

But good job on not nerfing Force Lift -- that would have been infuriating.

We are getting a 30 meter interrupt and no range nerf to our CC. You should be offering a goat in sacrifice, not complaining.

Yes well I swear the first time I read this "change" it was listed as Jet Boost and Concussion Charge being changed to no longer push-back, not Stock Strike/Rocket Punch.

interrupt for commando = good

revamping the itemization would be better, if you want commando dps to stack aim/power respectively then you need to actually put that into the gear sets. I'm tired of blowing money and time to buy medic blackhole pieces and pulling out mods and enhancements that have power and replacing my crit/surge mods.

OR

You could revert the change to commando dps and make demo round worthwhile and causing crit/surge pieces to be desired instead of medic crap. Now I do understand a few AC's are in the same boat needing one stat that isn't on the gear set of their spec, that's a problem too I just don't have dps numbers for those classes or experience with them.

Bottom line, commando/merc needed an interrupt which bravo for making one. Re-vamping gear or stat priority would be better. Boosting dps output on top of all of that would make commandos desirable again.

afterthought, boost fire trap damage in huttball or how fast it ticks. People getting healed through fire is retarded.