Can't Do Story Mode for False Emperor

I'm on the Ilum storyline and got the quest to do the flashpoint for False Emperor. I'm on Pub side btw. I go over to the questgiver next to the flashpoint and he immediately puts me in Veteran mode. My difficulty preference is already on story mode so I reset, abandon the quest, and try again. Still veteran. I ask a friend to hop on and help me who happens to be at the same part in the story. He logs on, goes into the phase where you talk to the supreme commander and get the quest to do the flashpoint, and he's immediately allowed to walk in and do the story mode? he doesnt even have to talk to the quest giver outside, he can just walk in and I can't join him cause it only gives me veteran mode and i cant enter the flashpoint until I talk to the guy. I don't know what to do??

(Difficulty preference only applies to KotFE and KotET)

For the actual story line you should have been able to walk straight in.

You should abandon the veteran flashpoint for False Emperor in your missions tab, and then reset all active flashpoints (left click your character portrait to do this).

Check your activities window and see if the flashpoint is available under your solo tab.

If it isn't there under your solo tab, then you could try resetting the story quest.

(Difficulty preference only applies to KotFE and KotET)

For the actual story line you should have been able to walk straight in.

You should abandon the veteran flashpoint for False Emperor in your missions tab, and then reset all active flashpoints (left click your character portrait to do this).

Check your activities window and see if the flashpoint is available under your solo tab.

If it isn't there under your solo tab, then you could try resetting the story quest.

I've abandoned it multiple times and reset my flashpoints. I checked under the activities window and it's not available. And I've already reset the story quest and redid the battle for ilum, still same result. Nothing worked. I don't know if it's because my character is level 49? I really only did the class story quest and stealthed through mobs lol but on the wiki it says the flashpoint is for levels 48-50 so I don't know why it's putting me in veteran mode. Thanks for trying to help though.

I've abandoned it multiple times and reset my flashpoints. I checked under the activities window and it's not available. And I've already reset the story quest and redid the battle for ilum, still same result. Nothing worked. I don't know if it's because my character is level 49? I really only did the class story quest and stealthed through mobs lol but on the wiki it says the flashpoint is for levels 48-50 so I don't know why it's putting me in veteran mode. Thanks for trying to help though.

Every time I've encountered this issue with one of my characters it's been due to them being "underleveled" for story mode. The wiki may be out of date, so I suspect once you ding 50 you'll be able to pick up the FP in story mode. With Prelude to Revan/Forged Alliances you can pick up the overall story mission at something like level 53, but you can't actually get the story mode FPs until 55. These numbers weren't always the case, so there is some older information out there that you may encounter that will now be out of date and somewhat misleading as a result.

Yep, I was right, needed to be level 50 to do it solo. Dur. Thanks again for the help though!