Largest Guild by Numbers - REPUBLIC

Blockk

Looking for a Guild with big "real" numbers rather than 20 with 70 alts, 50+ mains would be handy

Ops and PvP my cup of tea although still learning the craft of PvP

First MMO, January 2012 start date, few months off until recently

Couple characters - RDPS and MDPS

Shift worker in NZ so it would be good to have people around all the time, day and night NZ and OZ times

Cheers :eek:

Edited by Blockk

Vindication has about 70 active members with people on most of the time. We run mostly endgame PVE content but there are a few of us that PvP too. We'd love to have you join the family.

Guild Website: dalborravindication.enjin.com

Or in game whisper Dak'lar, Dyalla, Vosh or any of my toons. Alternatively, /who Vindication and anyone can get you in touch with one of us.

Vindication has about 70 active members with people on most of the time. We run mostly endgame PVE content but there are a few of us that PvP too. We'd love to have you join the family.

Guild Website: dalborravindication.enjin.com

Or in game whisper Dak'lar, Dyalla, Vosh or any of my toons. Alternatively, /who Vindication and anyone can get you in touch with one of us.

awesome mate - will check the website and look for you and you're crew in game for a quick chat - cheers

awesome mate - will check the website and look for you and you're crew in game for a quick chat - cheers

I can vouch for Dyalla and Vosh, very nice people, and always helpful, and Dak as well, even though I've had my issues with him in the past. Vindication is pretty much the majority of the dedicated and active members of Proteus. Guild issues caused a split. The rest of the story you can find out from them.

Edited by -Holmes

• 1 month later...

THE JEDl ORDER - Begeren Colony

500 Members. (We regularly remove Member toons if they haven't been played in over 45 days and refill the spots as quickly as they free up.)

Over 150 Members at Level Cap

We are Jedi only. All members state are at least 18 in real life (At least they all claim to be!). We only allow RP appropriate names.

We are actually part of a Community of Guilds. (THE JEDl ORDER, THE SlTH ORDER, REPUBLIC SPEC-FORCE for Troopers and Smugglers and IMPERIAL BLACK-OPS for or Agents and MANDO'ADE ALIIT for our Bounty Hunters.

Our Community website can be found at http://www.jediswtor.com/home

Our Community of Guild is comprised of approx 1000 registered users.

We have our own Teamspeak Channel (typically with 25-50 people logged in) and a Facebook Page.

THE JEDI ORDER hosts magnificent Role Play Initiation Ceremonies every Saturday morning and Sunday evening and start them at Master's Retreat. (Our other Guild also hold their own Ceremonies on a weekly basis.)

We hold regular Raids, Operations and FP events.

THE JEDl ORDER started well over 8 years ago on SWG and came to SWTOR with over 300 pre-ordered members. We have held our Guild moniker since Game Start.

Oh... And we have the greatest, friendliest and most knowledgeable people in SWTOR. (This last point is just my opinion, of course!)

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

• 2 months later...
I can vouch for Dyalla and Vosh, very nice people, and always helpful, and Dak as well, even though I've had my issues with him in the past. Vindication is pretty much the majority of the dedicated and active members of Proteus. Guild issues caused a split. The rest of the story you can find out from them.

dedicated proteus members hey? u might wanna change that, ur not exactly "dedicated" or even related to us anymore :confused:

You can't be serious! Proteus has over 3000 members and has been an active guild for over 8 years. They began and haven't looked back since COH, STO and now SWTOR. You weren't in guild during any of those other games. I was. You had a couple of raid teams, took 150 of the 500 members and formed your own guild. No one wishes you ill and we hope that you are successful in your guild, but to say our name and lay claim to her is hugely funny to me. Take off the rose coloured glasses. You do not in any way, shape or form, represent what is good and beloved to true Proteans at heart. Honour and loyalty is what our guild is about. You have a few members who raid and quite a few who went on to Rise of the Phoenix, I believe they are called? I respect the members of that guild. I look upon Vindication with great sadness.

• 3 weeks later...
You can't be serious! Proteus has over 3000 members and has been an active guild for over 8 years. They began and haven't looked back since COH, STO and now SWTOR. You weren't in guild during any of those other games. I was. You had a couple of raid teams, took 150 of the 500 members and formed your own guild. No one wishes you ill and we hope that you are successful in your guild, but to say our name and lay claim to her is hugely funny to me. Take off the rose coloured glasses. You do not in any way, shape or form, represent what is good and beloved to true Proteans at heart. Honour and loyalty is what our guild is about. You have a few members who raid and quite a few who went on to Rise of the Phoenix, I believe they are called? I respect the members of that guild. I look upon Vindication with great sadness.

Just wanna point out that I didn't go to Vindication nor Rise of the Phoenix, I just said that those were people I got along with. I've PvPed with Dak and Vosh when I was a mere lvl 30, and I had a lot of fun. Doc was meant to join us as well, but he only logged in once in a blue moon. And when Vindication was formed, you can't say that it didn't take most of the end-game content away from Proteus. Hence why I said that the dedicated and active members of Proteus have moved to Vindication. Maybe I should have said "formerly-dedicated" but I remember those people put in a lot of effort to set up the raid teams.

I left Proteus(before you even split the guild) to pursue my PvP needs after I realized that nobody in Proteus actively wants to do PvP. Once Dotdotdash, Rhin, Daawn, Axr and the pretty much every other PvPer left for MVP, I didn't have much to do in Proteus, even though I stayed around for another 2 months after the above left, and even gave raiding a shot(repetitive mechanics didn't really cut it for me after I learned the versatility of PvP, and the dynamic action).

So yeah, you kinda jumped gun by pointing your finger at me. I left Proteus in good standing, and not because of a rebellion.

I replied to exactly what you stated and jumped no gun. Proteus has been around a lot longer than any member of Vindication was within guild. There are still ops teams within Dalborra. Doc has over 3000 members to oversee, so doesn't really get much time to run ops on a regular basis. I don't know about a rebellion. I do know that some of they who left didn't agree with how Doc ran it. Not my problem. Again, I simply replied to what you openly stated. I have heard members amongst the departed group laying claim to creating Proteus and that is not true. Doc and Kitty did all of the recruiting for Dalborra. They brought their guild there. Dak and the girls joined an already existing guild. Proteus has always been a balanced guild and not catering to raid teams, but to the overall game and all of the nuances. PvE, PvP, casual players, serious players. It's what the guild has always been about, in every game that it holds a presense in. We aren't, nor have we ever been, a raid dedicated guild.

I replied to exactly what you stated and jumped no gun. Proteus has been around a lot longer than any member of Vindication was within guild. There are still ops teams within Dalborra. Doc has over 3000 members to oversee, so doesn't really get much time to run ops on a regular basis. I don't know about a rebellion. I do know that some of they who left didn't agree with how Doc ran it. Not my problem. Again, I simply replied to what you openly stated. I have heard members amongst the departed group laying claim to creating Proteus and that is not true. Doc and Kitty did all of the recruiting for Dalborra. They brought their guild there. Dak and the girls joined an already existing guild. Proteus has always been a balanced guild and not catering to raid teams, but to the overall game and all of the nuances. PvE, PvP, casual players, serious players. It's what the guild has always been about, in every game that it holds a presense in. We aren't, nor have we ever been, a raid dedicated guild.

Yet there is no way you can deny that the people that left Proteus for Vindication when the arguments first started, were in fact some of the most active people in the guild. I've logged into an alt I had dormant in the guild after I've heard about the split, and I saw the guild at 300 members, with 10 people online, merely a shadow of the record 84 people online I've seen when I was in the guild.

Regardless of what you say about Doc's 3000 members over a million and a half games, there is no way you can say that when Vindication was formed, it didn't take a significant chunk out of Proteus, which makes my first statement in this thread completely true and unbiased. Those people you now frown upon were once the reason why Proteus was a fun guild for me. I got along with them and they got along with me. Regardless of what you think of them now, they supported the guild and when they didn't see any future in Proteus, they decided to make their own, with the friends they've made. Is that not how Proteus was created? With your friends?

Still, I grow tired of running in circles around this topic. It is none of my concern what you think of Vindication, or what they think of me. I've merely expressed my opinion on those people in question(and 5 months ago, mind you). If anyone ever asked me about Proteus, I wouldn't say anything else other that it was one of the best, most laid back and friendly guilds I had ever been a part of. Keyword: was.

I'm not sure of how the situation is right now, and frankly I don't care. For all I know it could still be an awesome place to hang out, or it could be a desolate guild with 450 alts and 20 active players.

Yet there is no way you can deny that the people that left Proteus for Vindication when the arguments first started, were in fact some of the most active people in the guild. I've logged into an alt I had dormant in the guild after I've heard about the split, and I saw the guild at 300 members, with 10 people online, merely a shadow of the record 84 people online I've seen when I was in the guild.

Regardless of what you say about Doc's 3000 members over a million and a half games, there is no way you can say that when Vindication was formed, it didn't take a significant chunk out of Proteus, which makes my first statement in this thread completely true and unbiased. Those people you now frown upon were once the reason why Proteus was a fun guild for me. I got along with them and they got along with me. Regardless of what you think of them now, they supported the guild and when they didn't see any future in Proteus, they decided to make their own, with the friends they've made. Is that not how Proteus was created? With your friends?

Still, I grow tired of running in circles around this topic. It is none of my concern what you think of Vindication, or what they think of me. I've merely expressed my opinion on those people in question(and 5 months ago, mind you). If anyone ever asked me about Proteus, I wouldn't say anything else other that it was one of the best, most laid back and friendly guilds I had ever been a part of. Keyword: was.

I'm not sure of how the situation is right now, and frankly I don't care. For all I know it could still be an awesome place to hang out, or it could be a desolate guild with 450 alts and 20 active players.

Getting people into vent isn't always relevent to guild size. If the group in channel isn't welcoming of 'intruders' folks tend to not go back for more. Vindication members were very, very good at raiding; not at growing a balanced guild, recruiting or nurturing beginner players or tolerating 'noob' questions. There was no future in Proteus for Them, this is true. A guild of their own was the best idea. They are hard-core raiders. Doc said no to turning the guild over to them. I understand and support that they have their own name and place. I do not frown on them. Their way is simply not what Proteus is. Every guild has several toons per player, this point is true as well. When Vindication left, roughly 150 'toons' left. Vent is now active and friendly. New players are in with old and humor is back. I do not raid. I simply play the game with other gamers, and comraderie in vent is part of that. Regardless of number of alts, vent can only contain one person, regardless of how many toons he has. We try to limit alts to a total of 3 and we want a balanced guild. Raiding, PvP, PvE... We've never wanted to be a Raiding guild. While we do a bit of that, it is not our focus. Vindication and Proteus are right where they need to be, each doing what they feel is best for their guilds. I like that. And the best of it all? We get to have Vek! And I don't know where Smashdown landed, I suspect Rise of.... I wish him well... He's an awesome individual.

It amuses me that people revive a thread that has been dead for months simply to flame other players over a difference of opinion. While Proteus is a multi-game guild, most of the Dalborran members that went on to Vindication and Rise of the Phoenix were never a part of those other games, for them, the guild was limited to the players on Dalborra. For those of you who were in the other games you may see it differently. It is nothing more than a difference of opinion, please leave it at that and move on. No one needs their names dragged through the dirt for no reason.

In terms of largest guild ATM, it probably is Proteus. Doc's recruiting style was pretty much just to spam invites on low level planets and it sat at 500 members most of the time. Most of them were inactive but oh well, that's what happens for most guilds that have 500 toons in them. If you want highest active numbers, I don't have a clue, its too hard to measure.

So, after filtering through all the QQ'ing I still haven't found the answer I think most are looking for...Which republic guild is the largest based on the number of members?

Just look for the guilds that you see all over the fleet, then put their names into /who, and it will show you how many members they have online at that time. It's very useful to see how many people they have in your timezone.

Just look for the guilds that you see all over the fleet, then put their names into /who, and it will show you how many members they have online at that time. It's very useful to see how many people they have in your timezone.

Just guessing here, but I think Mr Furious Warstalker Erodoeht was being facetious when he asked that.

Ero would never do that, you can always take him at his word.

Except when he says he wants to come inside because your balcony is cold. That's never the reason why he wants to come inside. ;)

Just guessing here, but I think Mr Furious Warstalker Erodoeht was being facetious when he asked that.

Truth. I was also highlighting the fact this thread is wayyy off topic.

Except when he says he wants to come inside because your balcony is cold. That's never the reason why he wants to come inside. ;)

WINKYFACE ;);););););););)

Great, now I look like an idiot... I skipped his signature, so I didn't realize it was him.

*hides in shame*