Foundry - HK 47

This is the buggiest encounter in the entire game. It's worse than SOA ever was.

I don't even know how to describe the various bugs that formulate this hot mess of a boss fight.

Just a small sample of the many that I've seen:

HK-47 becomes immortal.

Infinitely spawning adds.

HK stealths, then reappears completely out of the area, and by out of the area, we've had him reappear halfway back to the start of the Flash Point.

If you or your party dies, HK will run from his room the entire way to your respawn point instead of the encounter resetting, as it is supposed to.

The center chamber, instead of dropping properly, will instead become invisible, leaving you unable to smash the control boxes. Your party will wipe.

Server and client de-synch: You and your game client perceive HK to be in one place, but according to the server, and in reality, he is someplace else, usually he is really on the center platform. This can lead to whomever is fighting him to instantly die, because the chamber drops and insta-gibs whomever was there.

The timed scripts for the encounter either breaking, or entering a loop: We've had his chamber drop 3 times in rapid succession, and then when it left the loop it got stuck in, all of those adds spawned at the same time.

Anyone who squeaks through this encounter should view themselves as lucky indeed, especially if they don't just give up because they wiped too many times due to the bugs.

I found that 90%+ of those bugs can be avoided by killing adds asap and ignoring HK till they are gone. Haven't had any of those bugs since my groups started doing that, you take a bit more damage (more strain on the healer) but its not bad and def. worth it.

The wipe chase bug I kinda like, let him come while you regroup and finish him without him resetting his hp

I found that 90%+ of those bugs can be avoided by killing adds asap and ignoring HK till they are gone. Haven't had any of those bugs since my groups started doing that, you take a bit more damage (more strain on the healer) but its not bad and def. worth it.

The wipe chase bug I kinda like, let him come while you regroup and finish him without him resetting his hp

Yep if your doing Foundry and group is full columi or better your going to over dps him and its going to bug out (been this way since release sadly).

Methods to prevent it.

Leave 1 DPS off boss 100% of fight (add duty only)

DPS adds down first once they spawn

Never DPS HK outside of center chamber spawn point (ie when he vanishes and appears on the side, just wait - kill adds etc dont touch him let him vanish back in and wait for consoles).

If it does bug (usually you don't get the consoles to smash) immediately whole group run to open archway(doorway) which pulls HK out and over there. Burn him down and carry on.

Sorry to say I gave up on Bioware fixing this encounter months ago, so when I do have to run it, we make do with what works to prevent the issue.