Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

PhantomAxe

With J.J. directing, who cares?

:cool:

JJ abrams is great director, especially for Star Wars. His Star Trek was much more "Star Wars-y" than some trekkies thought it should be, and Lost+Fringe were quite good as well (well, ok, Lost messed up by creating huge number of continuity snarls)

I think they should hire Sir Copperfield! :D

inb4 he makes a thread regarding him to star in star wars 7 haha. His gaming resume will get him in the movie industry. :p

Edited by Jonoku

inb4 he makes a thread regarding him to star in star wars 7 haha. His gaming resume will get him in the movie industry. :p

And then inb4 Sir Marty comes along and copies him to try and star in Ep. 7!

:p

Edited by MrJurgens

JJ abrams is great director, especially for Star Wars. His Star Trek was much more "Star Wars-y" than some trekkies thought it should be, and Lost+Fringe were quite good as well (well, ok, Lost messed up by creating huge number of continuity snarls)

I absolutely agree!!! JJ did wonders to Star Trek imo, it was actually enjoyable...something I can say NONE of the previous Star Trek movies were. I couldn't be more excited about the director.

And OMG!!!!! 2015 seems so freaking far away....

I absolutely agree!!! JJ did wonders to Star Trek imo, it was actually enjoyable...something I can say NONE of the previous Star Trek movies were. I couldn't be more excited about the director.

And OMG!!!!! 2015 seems so freaking far away....

I weep for the future.

:(

I weep for the future.

I gotta ask, are you a fan of the old Trek? I got a friend who is a huge trekker...he HATED JJ's Star Trek. My brother and I, who HATED (old) Star Trek, loved his movies...I gotta think it has something to do with this...because I really liked his 2 Trek movies. As someone else said, they have a "Star Warsy" feel...

I gotta ask, are you a fan of the old Trek? I got a friend who is a huge trekker...he HATED JJ's Star Trek. My brother and I, who HATED (old) Star Trek, loved his movies...I gotta think it has something to do with this...because I really liked his 2 Trek movies. As someone else said, they have a "Star Warsy" feel...

I do like old Star Trek from TV and from movies. However, I really liked what JJ did with it, too. Both ways of storytelling are entertaining. I think JJ is gonna rock EP VII!

Yes, I am a fan of all Trek prior to J.J. Trek because directors then used a modicum of common sense when they were making the films.

They didn't add ridiculous scenes like Starships being built on the surface of the planet just to get a nice shot. They didn't put water slides in the middle engineering (that btw, disappear for the second film) just to action up a scene. They didn't put in a moronic scene where the Enterprise is on the floor of an ocean just to get an epic shot even though it makes no sense whatsoever if they are trying to keep the indigenous life from seeing them. They didn't turn a genetically perfect military leader from over 200 years ago into a genius scientist that can build technology better than Starfleet can. They didn't put the dilithium chamber at the top of a series of chrome balls and pipes just to drag out a scene. They didn't have characters fix the dilithium chamber by freaking kicking it. And they didn't telegraph every little thing so that morons could understand what was going on.

Seriously, the new Trek movies are a wreck of inconsistency even within their own canon.

Again, if this is the future of sci-fi, I truly weep for us all.

Yes, I am a fan of all Trek prior to J.J. Trek because directors then used a modicum of common sense when they were making the films.

They didn't add ridiculous scenes like Starships being built on the surface of the planet just to get a nice shot. They didn't put water slides in the middle engineering (that btw, disappear for the second film) just to action up a scene. They didn't put in a moronic scene where the Enterprise is on the floor of an ocean just to get an epic shot even though it makes no sense whatsoever if they are trying to keep the indigenous life from seeing them. They didn't turn a genetically perfect military leader from over 200 years ago into a genius scientist that can build technology better than Starfleet can. They didn't put the dilithium chamber at the top of a series of chrome balls and pipes just to drag out a scene. They didn't have characters fix the dilithium chamber by freaking kicking it. And they didn't telegraph every little thing so that morons could understand what was going on.

Seriously, the new Trek movies are a wreck of inconsistency even within their own canon.

Again, if this is the future of sci-fi, I truly weep for us all.

I can understand your position - those are very legit reasons and I agree with some of them, I just happened to enjoy the movies. If someone came into Star Wars and JJ'd it up like he did to Star Trek, I can't say I'd be pleased either....someone like Micheal Bay for example.

Marty'd have to be his jealous, power-hungry padawan; 'fraid that shtick has been done already. :rak_01:

And I bet Sir Marty would still deliver 10 times better performance than Hayden did. Still haunts me... As often as Natalie Portman's performance :rak_07:

Myself I loves the different series of Star Treks with the exception of Enterprise, and some of the original timeline movies. The Abrams Star Treks just never sat right with me though. Then again I wasn't a Lost or Fringe fan either.

I can understand your position - those are very legit reasons and I agree with some of them, I just happened to enjoy the movies. If someone came into Star Wars and JJ'd it up like he did to Star Trek, I can't say I'd be pleased either....someone like Micheal Bay for example.

Agreed, Michael Bay would be worse than J.J., but not by much.

Other directors that should never be given an established sci-fi franchise.

Paul W. S. Anderson.

Len Wiseman

Rolland Emmerich

Uwe Boll

Directors I would really like to see do a Star Wars film.

Danny Boyle

Christopher Nolan

Joss Whedon

Drew Goddard

Guillermo Del Toro

Gore Verbinski

Josh Trank

Rian Johnson

Myself I loves the different series of Star Treks with the exception of Enterprise, and some of the original timeline movies. The Abrams Star Treks just never sat right with me though. Then again I wasn't a Lost or Fringe fan either.

Personally I haven't seen a single Star Trek -anything or a single episode of Lost, but I actually did try to watch Fringe once... I think I actually did watch 6-8 episodes just thinking that maybe I'll like the show when I get to know the characters better, but no. Just no.

Directors I would really like to see do a Star Wars film.

Danny Boyle

Christopher Nolan

Joss Whedon

Drew Goddard

Guillermo Del Toro

Gore Verbinski

Josh Trank

Rian Johnson

This one and I might even watch the film just to see how he did... The horror movies that are sold with his name usually end up being pretty good.

Interesting...I thought Enterprise was one of the better series. The original Trek was just too old for me, Next Gen was great for a few seasons until the holodeck became far too abused, Voyager was terrible because of the Capt (good story, wrong cast) and DS9 was far too stationary. I liked Enterprise because it was more relateable I guess...I could see the progress up to the later series and I liked them building upon that.