Maintenance: January 29th 2020

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking all servers offline for back-end maintenance on Wednesday, January 29th. We will also bring PTS down at this time.

Details:

DATE: January 29th 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: n/a

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Maintenance has done something horrible to Ilum.... Star Forge is experiencing up to 3sec of server lag between ability activation and execution.... was fine just before the patch.

Just drink enough alcohol until you're as slow as the game, presto, no lag!

Edited by xordevoreaux

Maintenance has done something horrible to Ilum.... Star Forge is experiencing up to 3sec of server lag between ability activation and execution.... was fine just before the patch.

Ilum on Star Forge is literally unplayable right now. Mobs health go to full from half or lower randomly, CONSTANTLY, making trivial encounters take ages to complete. You basically have to be lucky to finish. The abilities are molasses speed right now, everything is broken, I could barely even farm a crystal on the ground.

The rest of Star Forge isn't MUCH better either. Insanely disappointing because all I wanted to do was play the game today. :\

This update seems to have brought server lag along with a form of frame dropping that is caused by the game pulling far more from the cpu than ever before. I have never had issues on this pc with frame dropping as i normally am around 80-200 fps at all times. Should be looked into and hopefully fixed quickly.

This update seems to have brought server lag along with a form of frame dropping that is caused by the game pulling far more from the cpu than ever before. I have never had issues on this pc with frame dropping as i normally am around 80-200 fps at all times. Should be looked into and hopefully fixed quickly.

I agree, I hope it's a quick fix. My latency went from 39 to 77 to 323 and boom I was gone, and we had just started an op. Came back after the first DC, but when the lag started burning me again, I bailed.

I'm not seeing the same problem inside of FP's / Strongholds, or Fleet, but that's really all I've done since maintenance.... just maximizing conquest.

Affirmative, I posted that before I actually went to Ilum. It is far less pronounced in the rest of the game, but it's there. Once in a while, you'll press an ability and it won't fire at all, because you pressed it during the hiccup. On Ilum, it is horrible.

Ilum issue seems to have cleared up....

... but now the GF Queue window is being weird....

Case 1

Queued window comes up, everyone redies up, then it says someone declined, blah blah, re-pops, exact same group, same thing happens... 3 times in a row (faster than anyone could requeue) before it finally accepts the group

Case 2

Queue window pops up, everyone redies up, countdown continues until it expires and then it re-pops and works this time

Case 3

Qu window pops up, I ready, second person readies, and the list in the window disappears.... timer expires, and it kicks me out of queue saying I didn't respond in time