so you think you're good at pvp? think again.

dherpin

I'm an original preorder, I ordered the game 9 days after the press release in aug 2010. Since then ive pretty much been playing the same character. My character has 208 days of /played time, yet still is not 100 valor. There is a reason for this. The game is heavily lopsided against sentinels in pvp combat. For some reason, they just always do the worst. Be honest, when is the last time you saw a sent first? you probably never have.

That alone should tell you something about the pvp engine and the nerfs that need to happen to all the overpowered classes.

My tank has 2 days of /played time and is 55 valor

my healer has 9 days of /played time and has 77 valor.

now how do we add 200 more days of /played time, yet cant reach 100 valor?

Do you think my tank or healer will reach 100 before 200 more days of /played time? of course they will. WAY before that. probably like 3 more days on each. So why has it taken so long for me to reach 100 valor on a sent?

SO stop thinking you're billy bad *** cause you play a character that is like God Mode, as you can see, my tank has 55 valor after 2 days, YES IT IS CHEATING. It's not even fun, I dont understand how that is even fun after a while, thats why i dont even play the tank. Cause getting first every single match gets boring. 20 medals without even trying.

You need to make the medals much harder to earn for tanks and much easier to earn than sents. Sents literally cannot earn over 17 medals, cant do it. We dont have protection or healing to earn more medals. Thats just ridiculous. and healing now and days, if you are doing under 6 mil in a regular warzone (not voidstar) something is seriously wrong with you.

I'm an original preorder, I ordered the game 9 days after the press release in aug 2010. Since then ive pretty much been playing the same character. My character has 208 days of /played time, yet still is not 100 valor. There is a reason for this. The game is heavily lopsided against sentinels in pvp combat. For some reason, they just always do the worst. Be honest, when is the last time you saw a sent first? you probably never have.

That alone should tell you something about the pvp engine and the nerfs that need to happen to all the overpowered classes.

Do you think my tank or healer will reach 100 before 200 more days of /played time? of course they will. WAY before that. probably like 3 more days on each. So why has it taken so long for me to reach 100 valor on a sent?

SO stop thinking you're billy bad *** cause you play a character that is like God Mode, as you can see, my tank has 55 valor after 2 days, YES IT IS CHEATING. It's not even fun, I dont understand how that is even fun after a while, thats why i dont even play the tank. Cause getting first every single match gets boring. 20 medals without even trying.

You need to make the medals much harder to earn for tanks and much easier to earn than sents. Sents literally cannot earn over 17 medals, cant do it. We dont have protection or healing to earn more medals. Thats just ridiculous. and healing now and days, if you are doing under 6 mil in a regular warzone (not voidstar) something is seriously wrong with you.

Was good to start but you exagerated a bit towards the end. So for that I award your troll effort a 4/10

You do know that valor was capped for a long time to 65?

And you do know that having more than 8 medals does nothing more than boost your ego maybe?

And you do know that getting up to lvl 80 is easy as hell, but the last 20 levels take almost twice as long to get?

Also the "sentinels have a hard time" - hilarious, maybe you should go for a career in standup comedy? :)

Edited by funnypat

I fapped to this

Straight factz, b...

I haven’t seen a sentinel first in pvp in at least 10 minutes

Edited by ace_boogie

I don't understand how...

your performance info

+

your performance info

+

your performance info

+

and so on

Has anything to do with whether or not I think I'm good at PvP? :confused:

Lol.. true that.

Anyway that post is something special but I can give you a tip, play Watchman Sentinel and you can get healing medals and gg

Lol.. true that.

Anyway that post is something special but I can give you a tip, play Watchman Sentinel and you can get healing medals and gg

LoL, I got accused of hacking the other day because my Jugg had 800k healing. Some people are just too dumb and won’t stop hitting me with enraged defence up :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, I got accused of hacking the other day because my Jugg had 800k healing. Some people are just too dumb and won’t stop hitting me with enduring Bastion up :rolleyes:

I believe the story, but think you confused jugg's enraged defense with sorc's enduring bastion :)

---

As for OP:

"The game is heavily lopsided against sentinels in pvp combat. For some reason, they just always do the worst"> - You must be playing a different MMO with sentinels in there too. I can believe YOU are not good with sentinels, but won't believe all sentinels you ever saw are same. Unless you think medals are the only factor, which expands my horizons of how narrow can the understanding of a guy who plays constantly from day 1 be. Sentinels can carry the whole game and gain fewer medals for the lack of healing and taunting which pour medals like water. Nobody looks at medals these days, you are the 1st.

"20 medals without even trying" My guess is 14 medals for being average but taunting enough and self-healing enough + 6 swift victory medal. Say you get "Immortal" without even trying, that would be impressive. [Got immortal a few times.

"if you are doing under 6 mil in a regular warzone (not voidstar) something is seriously wrong with you."

Or you attempted to play objectively, or the enemies weren't even strong enough to deal enough damage for the healer to heal so much. If there is more than 1 healer in your group there is nearly no way (if both healers heal) that each will deal 6mil damage, because it is very rare when the enemies even deal a total of 12mil damage...

The rest is you not understanding any medal past 8 grants no more valor (extra valor can come from votes, and people tend to vote top dps more than they deserve anyway. rare are those who vote by medals), not understanding that the 1st 10 lvls of valor can be earned in 5 matches, but the last 10 require almost as much valor as required for the 1st 0-90 lvls...

The valor progression is the same for all classes is it not?

And doesn't every killing blow gain you a medal? so in theory it's only limited the number of people you can kill..... after you got all the basics ( heals, defending, damage pickup and pass huttball, pickup orbs etc.)

MVP is a total meaningless crapshoot, unless you're in a premade team and they all love you.

- And once you get to 100 valor there's an achive and the Elite Warlord title. - nothing else.

IDK for sure, but > 200 days seems an awful long tome to not have reached valor 100. ( If my rank ~94 for ~40 days is anything to go by ( & never used a valor boost) - and I'm no pvp god for sure.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

If the 200 days were played before 4.0 or so it doesn't matter, valor was capped to 65 :p

Even if it's only 180 days or so - 20 days aren't enough to get from 65 to 200 if you aren't doing only wzs all the time, last 20 levels from 80 - 100 take forever (even with 2x valor event and valor boosts - 200k to almost 300k points needed per level) :p

While some of this is exaggerated, some of it is true. I play a Sent, have played/tried every spec for PVP and I cannot remember the last time I saw a Sent or Mara as tops in PVP regarding damage/medals etc. Now, most idiots will probably state some generic canned response like "git gud, or "I guess sents and maras are just bad players" etc, but truthfully damage wise, sents and maras have not been tops in a long long time. I think the last time, and the only time was when we had retard ground pound crazy dmg builds, which was IDK even know how long ago.

I have tried telling people that skanktanks are crazy op, but I usually just get flamed, mostly by the masses that play them, so I tend to ignore them because hey, why would you not defend your class, especially when they are riding high on good times, right?!? But, with that said, I would say 60% of warzones I get in, Mercs/Mandos or Jugs/Guards are first on damage. They will claim it is AOE etc, which I am sure some of it is, but with the damage from AOE plus mitigation/heals it makes for a pretty wonky experience. I am glad someone who has played a tank based class etc has mentioned how boring an crazy overtuned they are. It has been that way for far too long. I am by no means stating sents and maras should be god mode, but seeing one tops in damage every once in a while would be nice.

Sentinels and Marauders suck in PVP?

That must be why every warzone seems to have three or four of them per team now. :rolleyes:

Fury Marauder is the newest FotM.

I am sorry, but somehow, I just don't think you PVP that much with that statement. Fury Mara FotM?!? LOL :rolleyes:

I am sorry, but somehow, I just don't think you PVP that much with that statement. Fury Mara FotM?!? LOL :rolleyes:

I see more Fury Maras in warzones now than Snipers. The only DPS spec that gets played more is Arsenal Merc. If your defintion of FotM is a strong "fad" spec that is popular (it's mine), Fury would now qualify.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with playing any FotM class including a Fury Mara. I have a Fury Mara myself though it's an alt that I don't play often. It is just that they are in a very good place right now and it's why there are so many of them. If anything was laughable it was the OP's statement that Sents/Maras are now weak. Far from it.

The OP should try solo pugging a DPS Powertech if he wants to experiece a class that truly needs help.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I give your troll 2 stars. Got too obvious at the end.

The valor progression is the same for all classes is it not?

And doesn't every killing blow gain you a medal? so in theory it's only limited the number of people you can kill..... after you got all the basics ( heals, defending, damage pickup and pass huttball, pickup orbs etc.).

About the valor, it is dependant on win/loss, MVP votes and medals earned up to 8 (I mean 8>7 but 22=8 in terms of any gain).

About the medals: Quite an up to date list. As you can see there it disfavors a bit those who can't heal or guard, because those grant some very easy medals for merely using an ability, but you gotta really suck in order not to get 8 medals, and anything above it doesn't matter.

If the 200 days were played before 4.0 or so it doesn't matter, valor was capped to 65 :p

Even if it's only 180 days or so - 20 days aren't enough to get from 65 to 200 if you aren't doing only wzs all the time, last 20 levels from 80 - 100 take forever (even with 2x valor event and valor boosts - 200k to almost 300k points needed per level) :p

what are you talking about this cap? ive been 91 valor for 5 years.... I think you are confusing things.