What do Revan and Ghost have in common.

Isaacone

After watching the trailer for call of duty ghosts and seeing all of the fan boys arguing over weather ghost was killed or that me magically survived a lethal shot to the chest. It made me stop and think after I repeatedly told people who deny his death that he is really dead. Why am I talking? I mean I'm telling fan-boys that their favorite character is dead while at the same time I refuse to accept the fact that my favorite character being revan can be defeated by people of lower skill than him . So it brings me to the meaning of the thread title. What do Revan and Ghost have in common? Well they are both beloved characters by fanboys who met their match and fan-boys everywhere refuse to admit it. So we should just accept their defeat and move on.

Revan vanishes with HP left. He is not down to 0 HP and his corpse (or at least his clothes) is (are) not there. Ergo he is not dead.

And I say that even though I do not even like this character very much. Especially after reading the book.

I don't remember where, but I remember reading a debate on whether Revan died or didn't in the Foundry, Flashpoint, and it is confirmed he did not die, but teleported as he:

1) Still had HP left on him, which wasn't a bug, but intended by the Devs.

2) Exploded into a ball of force, a teleportation technique that only the best of the best know

The point that I'm making here is not whether Revan and Ghost are dead or not. We already know ghost died and that the next cod game is most likely a prequel to mw2. And that revans death is debatable. My point is that it seems like the people like me who are big fans of a certain character don't want anything bad happening to them so we come up with reasons why they should have lived or scenarios of how they might still be alive.

just saying but revan is possibly not dead,ghost is,they burned him after shooting him in the chest with a freaking .44 magnum.

uh? forgive me but I remember

ghost taking a pot shot right in the face while roach was the one who got shot in the chest by shepherd ( along with the other wounds which made ghost drag roach for the last part of the level ), on top of that, they both got burned so... :(

The rather sad fact that Ghost even has any kind of following, having in mind how forgettable he was during MW2, aside from his mask, makes me question the sanity of whoever loves a character that is as interesting as a light pole.

Shepard and Price, on the other hand... :cool:

[/rant]

ghost taking a pot shot right in the face while roach was the one who got shot in the chest by shepherd ( along with the other wounds which made ghost drag roach for the last part of the level ), on top of that, they both got burned so... :(

i used to play that game...i don't know...3 years ago?

Jedi don't always leave a body, Obiwan Kenobi's body vanished when he died (no it wasn't vaporised by vaders lightsaber) as did Yoda's, no Body means nothing.

Very strong case you got there. I'm actually curious to see now what the fate of Revan is. :) Well done, bringing those two scenes in, I forgot all about that.

I think the Foundry ends the way it does for the same reason:

False Emperor ends with knocking Malgus over the railings. Other than being an allusion to the way Sidious "died."

It's a hackneyed, err, tried and true way of leaving the door open so to speak.

And to the play Devil's Advocate to the argument that neither Yoda nor Obi Wan left a body, but were still dead: in the EU both Sidious (Sidious even tells Anakin that those strong enough in the Dark Side can beat death) and Boba Fett return from almost certain death. And don't forget that the force ghosts of Yoda and Obi Wan are what "confirm" their deaths.

tl;dr: I think Revan fanboys are still totally justified in believing him to still be alive.

Edited by Phrase

That makes me want to go back and play MW2 now. Been years now, but wouldntbmind going through again.