UI Feature Feedback Request

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

Hello everyone. Now that you’ve been able to use the UI Customization features implemented with Game Update 1.2, the developers would like to request your feedback. In this thread, please post to let us know what UI features or functions you would like to see implemented in the future.

We are already working on a few areas based on your feedback, such as additional hotbars and more customizable buff bars. While we do not have an estimate for when these features will be implemented, we are hoping that more great ideas will come from you!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. We’re looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release the UI API to the modding community, and do it yesterday.

No matter what you guys do to the UI you will never touch the custumization imagination your entire community could bring.

1.2 was nice, but not close to what anyone coming from (the game that will not be named) will tolerate for long.

Edited by Kiyoshie

Release the UI API to the modding community, and do it yesterday.

No matter what you guys do to the UI you will never touch the custumization imagination your entire community could bring.

1.2 was nice, but not close to what anyone coming from (the game that will not be named) will tolerate for long.

I agree.

Bioware... let the community finish fixing the UI so you guys can focus on other things... like merging servers (hint hint)

Edited by -Kraxis-

Make it so we can use player made graphics for any and all UI elements, this would help a lot in giving the UI a good personal feel to it. Allow removal of portraits on UI elements in combination with the player made graphics.

Another thing that needs to be changed is the ability to scale "Secondary UI elements", currently you have to do a global scale before changing the other elements to have them smaller than original.

1) Would love to see being able to use different textures for the skin of the UI frames. Not a big fan of the current blue.

2) The ability to hide any frame during combat. Don't want a choice few, want the ability to hide them all if I so choose.

3) Name plates that don't get hidden when in crowded situations.

4) Able to select a target by clicking on a name plate. The targeting icon in game does not always pick up the right target even though I'm moused over an individual. Might be easier if I could just target a name plate.

5) Separate out buffs and debuffs into their own frames.

6) CSS or XHTML skinning of UI by users. I know this one is probably a pipe dream but I would love to be able to make my own textures and skins for the UI.

Thank you.

Edited by Grymtusk

• Ability to scale and filter buffs/debuffs.
  • Buffs/debuffs need a countdown timer function you can turn on/off
  • Ability to turn off Portraits
  • Ability to "lock" certain buffs so they can't be clicked on to remove
  • Better buff/debuff seperation

I would like to see more control over the size of the various aspects of the UI. At the moment I can change the size of everything which allows for a trade off as there are somethings I like having larger such as the hotbars while other things that would look neater such as info bars or the quest trackers that take up too much space.

I would also allow for a great zoom out ability, as it stands often seems that I am too close to my avatar to get a good idea of what is going on around him.

Percantes/Health text on Focus target.

Option to scale the size of the debuffs (or something to make it easier to see them on one's personal character, and also in operations frames, where it gets yucky for healers).

Some way of knowing which debuffs on a mob were applied by you (so you can know when you need to reapply X debuff).

Option to further scale the size of castbars (as of right now, if one wants a large castbar one must set the global UI scale high up, and then go in and manually decrease the scale of all other objects... an obvious hassle).

Target of target of all Operations members (this function is in the game, but only in a 4 man party - this lets you better manage a raid if people are on the wrong target).

Pull timers (you already have the Ops announcement that flashes white text across the screen of all members of an operation... just add a way to start a 10 second timer that counts down).

Ready check.

Option to remove portrait from character and target.

Option to remove the small "Lock" button on the main hotbar (too easy to accidentally click it and then have your abilities start flying off of the hotbar).

Edited by Enderet

Stance and class specific skill(such as stealth) buttons next to the characters portrait. They shouldn't be confined to the toolbars.

Special hotkey animations for proc abilities, such as the HIB icon in flames when Ionic Accelerator procs. Glowing icons for DoT skills that are not currently applied to the target.

Easily noticable upperhand icons on the characters portrait (think combo points) so a user can easily tell how much upper hand he/she has.

Movement in the character portrait would be pretty cool and help make the game feel a little less static.

Edit: Also a Universal Chat channel with an icon to toggle it on or off on the chat bar. That would liven up the social side abit and be useful for new players.

Edited by Nyoro

I play the game on Eyefinity with three monitors (<3 you guys for making it possible). The only thing UI customization in 1.2 doesn't seem to solve (and if it does, I apologize) are windows like Inventory, Character, Guild ... basically anything that comes up with a hotkey does not seem to be impacted by UI customization. Can we get these windows unlocked and their position edit...able so I can not look back and forth from far left for my character screen and far right for my inventory? I know, /firstworldproblem, but you asked for suggestions! :D

Very respectfully,

Agent Geoff Awesome

The Gloom Walkers

Jedi Covenant

P.S. The operative healing changes in 1.2 are great!

Edited by Galinbb
Engrish

• Snap-on grid so you can align your UI elements perfectly.
  • Foreground/Background checkbox. Especially when you have 2 boxes partly overlapping eachother and wish to have the dominant one always on the foreground.
  • Unlock Companion Abilities so they can be moved onto the mini-bar.
  • Create a special 'Heroic Moment' UI element which opens up a mini-bar with abilities keyed to this ability when used.

Edited by Danakar

I play the game on Eyefinity with three monitors (<3 you guys for making it possible). The only thing UI customization in 1.2 doesn't seem to solve (and if it does, I apologize) are windows like Inventory, Character, Guild ... basically anything that comes up with a hotkey does not seem to be impacted by UI customization. Can we get these windows unlocked and their position edit...able so I can not look back and forth from far left for my character screen and far right for my inventory? I know, /firstworldproblem, but you asked for suggestions! :D

Very respectfully,

Agent Geoff Awesome

The Gloom Walkers

Jedi Covenant

P.S. The operative healing changes in 1.2 are great!

There's an option in the interface editor that says something like "Enable Moveable Secondary Window"...turning that on makes the character sheet, inventory, crew skill menu, etc. moveable and in my experience it remembers where you put them when you save the UI file.

For me it has to be some kind of snap to grid. Makes my fake-OCD go crazy when everything doesn't line up perfectly. Other than that great work! Keep it up :)

Ditto, snap to grid option and grouping of Ui components so the can be moved and scaled together. Also can we change the cut scene subtitles font, size and colour yet because if we can I can't see the option!?

This is everything I could think of atm. I'm not in the game so this is probably like 10% of what I would like to see changed. I would reccomend that you guys atleast announce that you are working at or will be in the near future to outsource the UI to addons so that people can choose the layout, colors, target frames and all of the things that will never be implemented using your current system of doing this all yourselfs. Just letting us know that you will do it or are working on it will go along way. Anyways here's the list.

Most of the things here I would prefer that you'd be able to toogle on or off. Since as you know by now everyone has different opinions on how the UI should look.

Target frames : Shorter and thicker target frames. So that the health and energy/heat/rage value are shorter but thicker Clearer Health Value text, Being able to choose wether you want to see only percentages or only raw numbers or both. The ability to take out the character picture of your targets and display a picture of what advanced class the target is. Add information text to the Focus Target frame.

Targeting: Acquire Focus Targets Target. You can do this in two ways either enable the focus target modifier + acquire targets target or to make it one single command. I would prefer the second option. Make the animation on your target more like the current focus target system. So that you can more easily see who your target is when alot of people are at a small location. Again this could be a option to toogle on or off. Add another Target Center Screen command but make it only apply to enemy targets.

UI Feedback : The ability to enable a text that lets you know when you are in and out of combat. What "proc" you just got, when an ability has finnished it's cooldown, what you were hit with and what debuff you have. Information about stun duration both on you and your target.

UI Cust: An aligment feature. A tool that makes it easy to align target frames and other user interface elemnents together. So they form a straight line are in the same distance from the edge/center/top/bottom etc.

Operation frames : The ability to see your groups debuffs more clearly.

UI secondary windows : Add the ability to be able to resize each individual one of these. For example. I may like to have have a small global scale but want a larger Inventory window and Map. More custimization torwards those elements would be nice.

Chat window : The ability to toogle on notifications on your tabs. Example. I may have whispers only tab on and someone talks in guild. My General tab would then light up and light down so that I could see that some activity is going on in the other tabs.

Excuse the grammar/spelling errors. English is my second language.

1) strip the *****. I don't need all the frilly borders and such. i just need to see my buttons. the target windows are excellent example. I personally HATE portrait blobs they are just wasting screen space. the entire target windows are just way to wasted space. all i need to see in that information is hp/force/buff/debuff.. why the blue graphic designs?

Another example is the cast bar. Why do i need this giant blue box with a little bar inside of it? why not just a cast bar with simple text above the center of the cast bar?

Another example the quest tracker Shrink/grow button? why not just the blue around with a box around it. no need for the filly background that juts out into my screen.

In the words of the brilliant Horatio Greenough, "Form follows function".

2) Scaling debuff/buff sizes. This is a two part request. First let us choose how big we want our debuffs and buffs to appear on every single frame not just he main target frame. Second let us scale self debuffs vs others debuff's respectively. As a Sage DPS if i am in a raid with a sage healers and 1-2 other sage dps then i am clipping my dots ALL the time, and losing huge dps, because there is no way to tell which of the 4 dot's showing is mine.

3) Just give us a total combat log already. people have already designed work around for your system.

4) open source. Why not? generally speaking player created UI's have been better in EVERY mmo i have ever played. no offense but the brainpower of 100k+ of us that communicate with each other more than once every 5k forum posts generally are able to make upgrads faster and better.

5) if your not going to let us have open source PLEASE let us change the color. not everyone likes blue for god sake.

Edited by TheEvilEeyore

1. Let me flip the text on the mission tracker horizontally as well as vertically (as it is now). I wish to have it on the left side of my screen.
  2. Let me toggle portraits on or off as I wish. This includes the main portraits and the group portraits.
  3. Let me see companions on the operations group setup too if I wish.
  4. Find a way to save friends lists in the same way you can save UI loadouts now.

If you did these things, the UI would be perfect for me. Thank you.

I personally am super happy with it. Reading the other posts so far I only found two things to second. Otherwise I am content with it. Those things are some sort of grid option or method for x,y alignment, and being able to change the color scheme sounds like a fun idea. I am however, happy with the current color scheme as well. Edited by eatumup