Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

LVDave

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything he said is perfectly right.

Personally I think the fans were responsible for what happened, why? they forgot who created this wonderful galaxy in the first place, then spat in his face because of making changes to his not their/our dream.

Yes the Prequels weren't that great, the dialogue was horrible, mainly because Lucas did all the writing.

But the Original Trilogy would have been exactly the same if Lucas did all the writing for those to.

Don't bomb on Lucas, bomb on Lawrence, the guy who wrote ESB and whom refused to write the script for the Phantom Menace and following films.

We were all very selfish, and if I were in George's shoes, I'd have done exactly the same thing.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/29/more-star-wars-never-says-george-lucas/

^

...so I guess we can't make anymore Star Wars movies until George Lucas passes-away? Georgie is QQ'ing b/c some fanboys didn't like his prequels, so now he's rage quitting. Who will take-over the franchise and make more movies??! lol

I really find these nasty threads that wish harm on REAL LIFE people to be the upmost saddest threads to ever be allowed on a video game forum.

"So I can enjoy my fantasy I wish harm on those who disturb it"

This kinda posting is the reason why Lucas does not want to make other movies.

There isnt going to be any more star wars movies, ever. Even after he passes away. His said his put steps in place so no more features will ever be made after he dies.

Even if this was not the case, I do not see any more feature films being made. Why? Because no writer nor director nor producer in their right mind would dare take on the screaming populous. ANYTHING anyone would do, would NEVER live up to our (collective) expectations. Why would anyone put themselves into that situation?

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/29/more-star-wars-never-says-george-lucas/

^

...so I guess we can't make anymore Star Wars movies until George Lucas passes-away? Georgie is QQ'ing b/c some fanboys didn't like his prequels, so now he's rage quitting. Who will take-over the franchise and make more movies??! lol

well its sad because all the new generation dont care or respect the old movies . Sure it was not great sure it was not awsome but its star wars instead of trying to tell him to pass away how about give him some hints to make the movie good... Same with game instead of people rageing go post on the forms for improvements instead of gme is dying and sinking >.>..

With all the technology and ways of communication these days, internet geeks get big headed and think "he can't see me as i'm posting from my computer" and act tough with death threats etc. It's this reason alone why I am always reminded why I hate 90% of the human race.

With all the technology and ways of communication these days, internet geeks get big headed and think "he can't see me as i'm posting from my computer" and act tough with death threats etc. It's this reason alone why I am always reminded why I hate 90% of the human race.

yep i agree it is sad :/

everything he said is perfectly right.

Personally i think the fans were responsible for what happened, why? They forgot who created this wonderful galaxy in the first place, then spat in his face because of making changes to his not their/our dream.

Yes the prequels weren't that great, the dialogue was horrible, mainly because lucas did all the writing.

But the original trilogy would have been exactly the same if lucas did all the writing for those to.

Don't bomb on lucas, bomb on lawrence, the guy who wrote esb and whom refused to write the script for the phantom menace and following films.

We were all very selfish, and if i were in george's shoes, i'd have done exactly the same thing.

this.

GL is just bitter because the prequels were bad and the critics and fans told him so, this is his way of getting back at them.

While I would never wish harm on any other human being Lucas need to stop playing this "pity me, I’m the victim here card". The pres were bad. We told you they were bad, get over it and don't make the same mistakes next time you make a movie.

Personally I think the fans were responsible for what happened, why? they forgot who created this wonderful galaxy in the first place, then spat in his face because of making changes to his not their/our dream.

Yes the Prequels weren't that great, the dialogue was horrible, mainly because Lucas did all the writing.

But the Original Trilogy would have been exactly the same if Lucas did all the writing for those to.

Don't bomb on Lucas, bomb on Lawrence, the guy who wrote ESB and whom refused to write the script for the Phantom Menace and following films.

We were all very selfish, and if I were in George's shoes, I'd have done exactly the same thing.

Well Rayla to be fair, he did write and direct ANH and that turned out to change the world(he also wrote ESB/ROTJ story and the screenplays were based on them). Its more the fans fault, because they had too high expectations for the PT and probably not realizing that no movie is EVER perfect.

Also I don't think he is QQing, or upset at all guys. ITS HIS MOVIES! Why would he get upset, over some fans who critize his movies because he made them the way he wanted to?

Also bad is subjective, I like all the movies....so no movie can ever be bad because people like different things.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I really find these nasty threads that wish harm on REAL LIFE people to be the upmost saddest threads to ever be allowed on a video game forum.

"So I can enjoy my fantasy I wish harm on those who disturb it"

This kinda posting is the reason why Lucas does not want to make other movies.

/thread

..... I will always be ashamed to live among such a horrible generation.

Ok, I just felt the need to answer this one especially....

George Lucas has made HOW MUCH money from us??? All the movies, books, comics, games that he is getting royalties from because he owns the IP, and we spit on him??? He spit on US with those horrible prequels! Yes, the basic story was awesome, and the special effects were great, but that doesn't excuse his QQing over it. He made bad movies, and he was pissed off because WE didn't like them??? So instead of trying to make things right, he throws a pantyfit over it.

I know he owns the IP, but that doesn't excuse how he treats his fans that have stuck by him in spite of the prequels, and in spite of him not giving a damn about them....

George Lucas has made HOW MUCH money from us??? All the movies, books, comics, games that he is getting royalties from because he owns the IP, and we spit on him??? He spit on US with those horrible prequels! Yes, the basic story was awesome, and the special effects were great, but that doesn't excuse his QQing over it. He made bad movies, and he was pissed off because WE didn't like them??? So instead of trying to make things right, he throws a pantyfit over it.

I know he owns the IP, but that doesn't excuse how he treats his fans that have stuck by him in spite of the prequels, and in spite of him not giving a damn about them....

Being forever we StarWars fans been asking him to make more movies and when he did we were liek #$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&!!!!!! Yea I would say that is enough to feel like "You know if they are going to talk to me like that , then I will show them who the BOSS is " and rightfully so he did and will continue to do until he wakes up one special day and says "I miss making StarWars movies" which is doubtful but possibly could happen .

This recent season of StarWars Clone Wars has seem more of him being involved that ever , and he has been extremely involved in ForcesUnleashed 1 and 2 . I wouldn't doubt if he had a little or big hand into TOR here and there as well .

But really its the fanbase and the extreme side of it with the threats and constant attacks that probably keep him from doing it.

So next time you see a extreme fan ripping on a StarWars Author remember those are the issues he has with his own creation's fan base as well . It does not help the whole !!

I liked them, they weren't bad to me. Bad is subjective when it comes to entertainment.

Hire whatever company made the SWTOR intro cinematics and have them make the next star wars movie(s). The lightsaber fights in those battles seem more realistic to me choreographically than any of the live movies.

Hire whatever company made the SWTOR intro cinematics and have them make the next star wars movie(s). The lightsaber fights in those battles seem more realistic to me choreographically than any of the live movies.

He's got things in place so when he dies no one will be able to make anything to do with star wars.

I liked them, they weren't bad to me. Bad is subjective when it comes to entertainment.

I'm not saying they were horrible. They had their good points. But as far as dialogue goes, I think he should have BioWare's team write the scripts for him. Also, some of the plot points in the prequels were complete garbage, for lack of a better word. Fortunately, I have now read the prequel books, and they explain a LOT that the movies screwed up. Somewhere along the line, George lost his edge that he had with the OT. Probably because he waited nearly 20 years to make the prequels. Honestly, I think you're in the minority there, Wolf. :)

I'm sure his children will add more to the lore in one way or another. From the interviews I've seen of him, he seems like a pretty laid back family man. Wouldn't surprise me if he encourages his children to expand on any of his works.

I'm not saying they were horrible. They had their good points. But as far as dialogue goes, I think he should have BioWare's team write the scripts for him. Also, some of the plot points in the prequels were complete garbage, for lack of a better word. Fortunately, I have now read the prequel books, and they explain a LOT that the movies screwed up. Somewhere along the line, George lost his edge that he had with the OT. Probably because he waited nearly 20 years to make the prequels. Honestly, I think you're in the minority there, Wolf. :)

Well of course books explain a lot, books are not limited in a budget, nor having to deal with thousands of other people, nor are books limited in what they can do. This is true for pretty much any movie, with a book...you can't shove an entire book into a movie thats just ridiculous.