Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

frauzet
10.28.2018 , 01:30 AM | #6181
@Feldraeth: Welcome back!
Quote:
I pouted, except it wasn’t a pout: Sith don’t pout. It was a leer, and a menacing one too. He didn’t look menaced.
is my favorite and a good example of why I like Roan so much.
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Iheaca
10.29.2018 , 09:30 AM | #6182
Hey there!

I desperately needed to write some Vette stuff. Vette likes food (at least in my headcanon ). So this week's prompt inspired me to write a funny scene. It is linked to some upcoming events in my fic but I have no clue if I will integrate it or not. So for the moment, here it comes.
EDIT: Changed and added a few things.

Prompt: Comfort food
Spoiler
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

frauzet
11.02.2018 , 10:49 AM | #6183
This week’s SFWC prompt:

Week of November 2, 2018:

Voice of Reason: In every group, for every plan, there’s always one Voice of Reason, and their plan might be safest but not always best. Does your character listen? Do they plunge ahead anyway? Or are they the sane one trying to dissuade the rest from something reckless? Whose approach was right? What, in hindsight, might have been better?

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

Deadlines–Time is running out. Your character has something to do, to complete, to finish, to arrange, and their time grows short. What were they doing? Was it something they put off until it was critical? Did they plan for a long time and only now the pieces are coming together? Did the situation arise suddenly and demand a quick response before the critical time? Was it self-imposed or did another character impose it? A deadline is nothing more than a date or time by which something must be ready or complete. Write about it this week.

Lawbreaker!–Some characters break laws on a regular basis, others are more law-abiding. But most every character has crossed the line on occasion, if only in a very minor way or on accident. What about yours? Did they know they were violating a law? Why did they do it? Because the law is ridiculous, because it is inconvenient, because the law is wrong, because they knew they wouldn’t get caught, or do they simply not care? What law did they break? Did they pay a penalty? Personal or legal? Write about it!

Kitar
11.04.2018 , 03:42 PM | #6184
@ Iheaca
Spoiler

Iheaca
11.05.2018 , 01:00 PM | #6185
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitar View Post
@ Iheaca
Spoiler
Spoiler
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

frauzet
11.10.2018 , 04:12 AM | #6186
This week’s SFWC prompt:

Week of November 9, 2018:

Ship of Fools: The colloquial meaning is that of one wise person surrounded by idiots, but the original allegory has everyone on the ship unable to navigate it, all the while vying for the chance, or to influence the one currently botching the job. Regardless, the ship goes nowhere, often with recriminations all around. When has your character sailed on a ship of fools? Were they the wise one dealing with incompetence? Or just as clueless but putting up a better front than the rest?

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

Discovery - In our characters’ journeys, we make some surprising discoveries. Sometimes they’re things about ourselves or our friends, other times they’re discoveries about the world around us. Either way, they usually take us by surprise.

Making a Mountain out of a Molehill - Some characters are more prone to blowing things out of proportion than others. Maybe it’s just certain situations. Consider a time when something that seemed insurmountable turned out to be minor. Was your character’s preparation or anxiety unreasonable? Or did their actions make the difference between a mountain and a molehill?