Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

Neulwen
11.22.2018 , 05:15 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
stupid ďblow upĒ timer
Agree with everything you wrote except the timer being stupid ^^.

TrixxieTriss
11.22.2018 , 06:30 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
Agree with everything you wrote except the timer being stupid ^^.
Itís a bit hard to carry a team who refuses to pick up the ball or take passes when the ball blows up in your face.
Now its impossible to get close to scoring or winning when your team wonít try. Under the current system you may as well requeue when you see that happening because there is nothing you can do.

Neulwen
11.22.2018 , 06:50 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Itís a bit hard to carry a team who refuses to pick up the ball or take passes when the ball blows up in your face.
Now its impossible to get close to scoring or winning when your team wonít try. Under the current system you may as well requeue when you see that happening because there is nothing you can do.
More or less but that is not the fault of the system. This system should stimulate people to play more objectives, provided there is value in winning. So if anything, wins need to be made more rewarding versus losses, something akin to what is being done to the ranked arena weekly. Games should not be balanced around people not doing objectives. Telling ppl what to do can also work sometimes. Sometimes there are new players who don't know. Also I think that when the cc break bug gets fixed and when vandin pop rate gets normalised, there will be more people willing to play ball.

Totemdancer
11.22.2018 , 08:04 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
More or less but that is not the fault of the system. This system should stimulate people to play more objectives, provided there is value in winning. So if anything, wins need to be made more rewarding versus losses, something akin to what is being done to the ranked arena weekly. Games should not be balanced around people not doing objectives. Telling ppl what to do can also work sometimes. Sometimes there are new players who don't know. Also I think that when the cc break bug gets fixed and when vandin pop rate gets normalised, there will be more people willing to play ball.
(Warning : unintended long post incoming)

Optimism. I forget what thatís like in this game after 7 years. Itís good to see youíve still got some.

Everything youíve said is true and been said over and over for years. But Bioware donít or wonít listen to feed back from players who play lots of pvp (not the influencers program) about making people try to win in pvp.
Myself and others have made so many easy to implement recommendations that donít harshly penalise people who are new or teams that get stuck with newbies. But been totally ignored by Bioware in favour of their influencers.
After awhile you just give up hope that anything positive will happen to improve the situation. All Iíve seen for the last 3-4 years is it getting worse, to the point that lvl 70 reg pvp is worse than lowbies (if it pops)

Even if they normalise the Vandin pops, you still have to contend with the terrible and nearly unplayable desync and bugs. I already play from Australia with huge lag. So when the desync is this bad that even US and EU players are complaining, it is extremely bad for people with high lag. Unplayable is my definition.
And itís not just Vandin that it happens in. It happens in all maps, especially Quesh Ball and normal HB.
Fixing desync should be their number one priority in the game at the moment. Not changing the gear system or making more grind. People will stay and play pvp for longer if the desync and bugs are fixed and gearing is fair.

I recently listened to a podcast with Musco by some influences who blew hot air up his *** the whole interview.
They tried to make light of the desync and basically said we were all whining about it on the forums and the live stream for no reason. One of them even said he didnít know what desync was and who cares (laughing the whole time). At which point they all laughed along.
When Musco finally said some meaningful about it, he insinuated it wonít be fixed anytime soon or maybe not at all.
That alone tells us they donít care enough about it or they think itís not a problem. It must be good being able to play in the office where you donít experience it
After listening to these guys for 30-40mins I thought I was going to throw up from the Musco and Bioware lovefest. From their point of view the game was perfect and Bioware and Musco could do no wrong, Musco even said they got the interview about the new 5.10 because they are their number one influencer (or some such), Iíd be surprised if Musco didnít float out of the building after all the hot air being blown up ďyou know whatĒ and about by the interviewers.
If these are the ďinfluencersĒ that Bioware listen to and take feed back from, itís no wonder the game is in such a poor state.

Iíve no optimism left after the gear for 5.10 was announced the other day, I know they might still make changes to it. But they wonít be good changes to fix the grind or the problems it will cause.
Bioware will be Bioware and double down like they always do. It will be a **** system with lots of bugs and weíll also get more desync from it in pvp. Just like weíve gotten from every patch theyíve done since 5.0.
Then theyíll go on holidays for 4 weeks without fixing anything. Theyíll come back mid January to say their data shows they need to make changes (all the things we are currently telling them is bad). It will be the same old spiel of how they donít want to make big changes and will just make tiny ones because they want to wait and see (not wanting to admit they ****ed up). Then it will take till early spring and that will turn into late spring/early summer because theyíve got new content (tiny release) and theyíll do it at the same time.

Itís the same old, same old story every year and we all get suckered in because we hope they will change or we have optimism (that hasnít been eroded yet) or we are masochists with a swtor addiction (thatís why Iím still here).
Those that do leave or can force themselves to break the addiction must feel a weight lifted off their shoulders. Sadly for the game, more and more people are choosing this route because theyíve finally had enough of the same ******** merry-go-wheel from Bioware.
Itís why we only have 2 servers in the US that are now based on the east coast to save money.
Itís why only DM is the only viable server in the EU for pug group activities.
Itís why US servers are basically ghost towns for pvp outside of main primetime.
Itís why primetime is shrinking in size.
Itís why some people have already started demanding mergers again.

We will see even more people leave over 5.10 (just like 5.0) Even Snave has said it (and hinted at leaving) on the PTS because of the more intensive and stupid grind they are adding to it.
Mark my words, by February we will have even less people than now and more players will be demanding mergers because they canít play group activities outside of prime time or if they arenít in a guild. Bioware know this and itís why they are pushing this guild thing with 5.10. They will delay mergers for too long (once itís apparent they are needed) and more people will continue to leave. Eventually this will lead to them merging ALL servers into one on the east coast (which has been their long term plan for mergers all along, Its why they moved the west coast to east in the last merge)

The game is dying. Itís not dead. But how much longer can it continue if Bioware donít give a **** about the problems or player enjoyment.

Sorry I got so off track with this post. But I canít play at the moment due to excessive lag and it gives me time to pause and think about why the game is the way it is.

Neulwen
11.23.2018 , 09:50 PM | #125
I have more Vandin feedback ^^:
The stun traps are annoying. The stun lasts too long, and if we get stunned by it right before it is turned off, we are still stunned until it is next turned on, and so we get double duration stunned. The stun should be shorter. Maybe half the duration.

Talon_strikes
11.30.2018 , 12:25 PM | #126
I have some Vandin (and Queshball) feedback of my own:

Both maps 100% suck. They're filled with gimmicks and are plagued by god-awful d-sync and lag. I always insta-leave these maps. They've honestly made me appreciate Odessen Proving Grounds because, while that map is a maze, at least it's playable unlike Vandin and Queshball.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Storm-Cutter
12.10.2018 , 08:50 AM | #127
Vandin poping a huge amount over the weekend. sometimes 4/5/6 times in a row. - Probably because as soon as you arrive several people leave and as soon as one team has a winning chain going, a lot of others leave. Not uncommon to see mid teens number of players on a losing team.

I know the chance of getting Vandin is supposed to reduce this week, but there are obvious underlying problems if people hate it this much.

I like huttball, but the other two maps are much better without all the gimmicks.

Just shows that the people making the game are not seeing what the rest of us see every gaming session.
- and a lot of feedback from the PTS was simply disregarded.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================