This game needs more players like me!

natasevil

:D Now I say this half jokingly but also half truthfully. Why do the majority of people playing this game not help out any of their fellow players? If I'm going thru an area and I see some body in trouble I'll lay down a little fire to help them out and then be on my way. If I see somebody repeatedly LFG for something like a Heroic 2+ and they're being ignored chances are I'll go give them a quick hand even if I've already done the quest. And just today I pulled somebody up onto the sandcrawler on Tatooine with my Trooper's harpoon after they missed the platform to get the strength datacron. Things like this are easy to do and don't really take much time to do them for others and it makes the game much more enjoyable. I guess I'm just hoping that there's such a thing as Karma and when I need some help somebody will be there for me

You gotta be careful with this. I started "helping" a player once and I was killing the NPC's that she needed to kill in order to get what they had. "She" set me straight on chat and boy did I feel stupid.

Through chat, she said it would be fine if I killed other sorts of NPC's that didn't have the goodies she needed, which was a relief -- made me feel like less of a jerk.

Just saying -- I like to help out, but you need to make sure you aren't screwing up a quest.

Edited by SweetOldBob

That's the first question I always ask those people that make "There's nothing to do at 50 posts."

I always ask them,

"After you achieved all of these nice things did you help a friend or a guild mate or even a random person achieve the same thing?"

Most of the time it makes them very angry, although it's not intended to. It's a legitimate question.

You gotta be careful with this. I started "helping" a player once and I was killing the NPC's that she needed to kill in order to get what they had. "She" set me straight on chat and boy did I feel stupid.

Through chat, she said it would be fine if I killed other sorts of NPC's that didn't have the goodies she needed, which was a relief -- made me feel like less of a jerk.

Just saying -- I like to help out, but you need to make sure you aren't screwing up a quest.

It's generally fine if the mobs have gone 'grey', meaning the player has damaged enough that they will get the drop/credit even if someone else takes them out.

It's generally fine if the mobs have gone 'grey', meaning the player has damaged enough that they will get the drop/credit even if someone else takes them out.

That's usually the point where I step in. When I see somebody completely surrounded and all the enemies have greyed out healthbars I'll drop down some AOE

I agree that more people need to be like this. I saw someone doing the same quest as me once (deactivate X number of Y) and they were fighting an elite to get to thing they needed to deactivate. I could have just deactivated it and ignored them, but I decided to help them defeat the elite. I am not sure about karma though because that same day two different people took two different security chests I was going to loot after I defeated the elite guarding it. They just walked past me while I was fighting, looted the chest, and walked away. But I did learn a purple biochem schematic that day so maybe I did rack up some good karma. :D

I am there, offer help when I can and needed, offer to run some one through a heroic "if they want".

But I will not rush up to help someone unless I know that they are truly in dire need. Otherwise I will stop, wait, and watch to see how they fare, I do not intend to "stick my nose in" where it may not be wanted. Some of the people like to push themselves, want to complete the "Mission" without help, etc...

But, I am there if needed, and do try not to be too late.

I occasionally make gear-sets up when I see newbies in crap gear & no legacy name then post it to them COD for 1 Cred - why 1 cred? because then they got a really good deal & not charity - I don't do charity.

I like this! i like this a lot! I think i will start doing this. I have so many level 1 and 2 mats for Armormech that I can spare a few armor sets